++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-28-2004, 12:16 AM   #16
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think I know what you're talking about....there's a keyboard part in there...it's very low in volume, but if you really listen for it...it's there. I can't not hear it anymore..once I keyed into it..it's always there. That'd be the Flipster LOL

I come from a strong Christian background, so I always saw that aspect of it first....but with time, I've seen other way to hear it too.....the beauty of music.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:18 AM   #17
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Would Sacrafice All Those Nights To Make The earth And My Dreams The Same, And Can Ya Take Me Higher To A Place Were Im Not Seen, And The Song Goes On About Make Me Strong Enough So I Can Take These Dreams And Make Them Mine, I Really Dont Have A Clue, But To An Arist Or Song writer A Song Can Take On Different Meanings As We Again Pass Many Oceans But I Woul Love To Give My Opion And What I Think Its About HELLBOY, But That Would Just Take Too Long, REAL LONGGGGGGG, Alls I Can Say To put a song like that together It Must Have Been One Hell Of A tecnich,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-28-2004, 12:20 AM   #18
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I think I know what you're talking about....there's a keyboard part in there...it's very low in volume, but if you really listen for it...it's there. I can't not hear it anymore..once I keyed into it..it's always there. That'd be the Flipster LOL

I come from a strong Christian background, so I always saw that aspect of it first....but with time, I've seen other way to hear it too.....the beauty of music.
i love the beauty of it,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-28-2004, 01:32 AM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Personally I subscribe to the big bong hit theory myself . To me, it's all about escape and Heaven's a place where you're not supposed to feel pain and all is good...same as while you're high or drunk. When reality hits, sunrise, you're coming down off the high, and you long once again to get it back. Like dreams, it's all temporary, fleeting, and not real. I don't know. That's my two cents.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:10 AM   #20
Jez
USER INFO »

Creed~~Bullets
Old 05-28-2004, 02:49 AM   #21
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I've always had a christian take on it.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #22
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I recall an interview where he said it was about lucid dreaming to help stop a recuring bad dream.

That was a long time ago, and I don't recall just when it was.
That's exactly right, Erin.

As I've heard Scott say in interviews before, he was having this recurring dream where he was running down an alleyway, and someone was chasing him with a gun. He would always turn one way (right, I think) and would always be shot and killed. Then he learned about lucid dreaming, or the power to control your dream unconsiously, and we was able to make himself turn the other way, and was able to escape.

So the "take me higher to a place where blind men see / take me higher to a place with golden streets" is about making things change to the way you want them. If you listen to the very beginning of the song it says "When dreaming, I'm guided to another world time and time again. At sunrise, I fight to stay asleep, cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place." So he's in another place that can be as happy as he wants it to be, because he can control what happens.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 05-28-2004, 04:09 PM   #23
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I remember hearing Higher being about a dream that Scott kept having about him being chased by a man with a gun. Then after he wrote Higher he stopped having the dream! It was in that one Rolling Stones mag that had Creed on the front a few years ago
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-29-2004, 08:28 AM   #24
bobben
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I recall an interview where he said it was about lucid dreaming to help stop a recuring bad dream.

That was a long time ago, and I don't recall just when it was.

But whatever people get from it is all cool.

I thought it was about finding God. I was a church youth director at the time I found Creed LOL...

Echelon is right.. Stapp wrote this song because he had some bad dreams ( someone who wanted to kill him) that kept coming back all the time, but then Stapp heard about a thing called lucid dreaming and decided to try it with these dreams. And it worked....

But remember....Stapp says that it up to every person that listen to one of their songs what they get from the lyrics....
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 05-29-2004, 01:48 PM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: But remember....Stapp says that it up to every person that listen to one of their songs what they get from the lyrics....

Exactly. Others artists have said similar things. It's wherever the song takes you or what it makes you think of. A lot of the songs are open-ended enough to allow for different interpretations. And often, what inspired someone to write a certain song isn't necessarily what the song ends up being about.