++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-02-2004, 01:56 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
More on Velvet Revolver

here are some recent interviews including one on KROQ which includes some audio files.

http://www.belowempty.com/vr/article...Transcript.php

if you head over to the downloads section of that website you can download the mp3 of that interview with some acoustic performances including "slither".

also weiland is not a happy man because of this;

Jon Caramanica for Maxim magazine, May 2004:

"Say you're the guns behind GUNS N' ROSES and you need a frontman to replace eyebrowless loony tune Axl Rose. Where to turn? Obviously trolling rehab centers and bus stations, Slash and the guys found their man: former STONE TEMPLE PILOT and career fuckup Scott Weiland! What could go wrong? Ignoring the offstage drama and giving 'Contraband' a listen, we have to say ... not a damned thing. Although Rose was all maniac energy and Weiland is more boozy charm, 'Contraband' sounds like these guys have been mainlining 'Appetite for Destruction'. At first Weiland clearly struggles to keep up ('Sucker Train Blues'), but he finds his groove over the brash guitars and brawny drums. On 'Dirty Little Thing', he knowingly sings, 'Get away from the man who's stealing your life/Get away from the drugs you're taking.' He sounds like a man ready to slow down, yet he's as reinvigorated as his new mates. Welcome back to the jungle, guys."

and Weiland's response;

"In his review of our album 'Contraband', Jon Caramanica of MAXIM knows about as much about me and my legal situation as he does about our music. The article mentions my legal status which states that I will be eligible for release from rehab in July. Sorry to break your heart and take the wind from your sails but I was sprung from rehab on the 22nd of April. Now Jon, Jon, Jon — come on now — my 'boozy' charm? Unless you were born yesterday you would know I was a dope fiend, not a boozer. Let's just get down to it Jon, this album sounds nothing like 'Appetite' and you know nothing about me, so if you're gonna make a record 'Album of the Month' then stop the punk-ass back-handed comments!

"Let's meet up face-to-face and see just how 'boozy' I am in person — when I get 'manic' on your ass motherfucker!"
Old 05-02-2004, 02:57 AM   #2
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
I've heard the song named "Slither" mentioned when I was listening to KROQ. And I only have KROQ on, on my way to school. I really don't like KROQ because all they play is Linkin Park. They don't play my favorite artists. They never play Creed, Nickelback, Evanescence and so forth.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:28 AM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Slither sounds quite a bit like an old STP song with a cool solo! I hope the album as a whole doesn't sound like an STP/GNR hybrid though. Weiland shouldn't pay so much attention to journalists. Nickelback have fallen by the wayside IMHO.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:24 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hahah, that's funny shiat from Weiland ...I hope this album is good, too. I'm going to get it anyway.