++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-24-2004, 03:25 PM   #1
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Van Halen

I was listening to a Best of Van Halen today. Does anybody else really miss them? They were great with both Dave and Sammy. Although, some of the songs they did with Sammy are among my favorites.

If only Eddie and Sammy could have reconciled (a rift between the guitarist and lead singer..hmmm doesn't that sound familiar )
Old 03-24-2004, 05:58 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
The classic rock station here, KSHE95, announced yesterday they're going on tour this summer (I believe they found that on the fan site, www.van-halen.com), and the cities are posted, but no dates. Pretty wicked hardcore! And I'm almost 100% positive it's gonna be w/ The Red Rocker, not w/ Roth.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:04 PM   #3
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I was listening to a Best of Van Halen today. Does anybody else really miss them? They were great with both Dave and Sammy. Although, some of the songs they did with Sammy are among my favorites.
Yes, I do, Robyn. They had some great songs and like you, some of my favorites are from wihen Sammy was with them. I'll have to look for that Best of cd.

Relearn Love
Old 03-24-2004, 07:06 PM   #4
Julbright
USER INFO »
OMG yes - I loved loved loved them- 5150 is one of my all time favorite records - they were so good - I was very much into them when I was in HS - would like to know more about that tour
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 03-24-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Van Halen never hooked me, for whatever reason, but I thought Eddie Van Halen was one bad-ass guitarist. I couldn't stand David Lee Roth, even though I grudgingly admit he was quite the frontman.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) The classic rock station here, KSHE95, announced yesterday they're going on tour this summer (I believe they found that on the fan site, www.van-halen.com), and the cities are posted, but no dates. Pretty wicked hardcore! And I'm almost 100% positive it's gonna be w/ The Red Rocker, not w/ Roth.
Are you kidding me?????!!!!!!!! I have not heard that. I saw Sammy on TV a while ago. I know he is still friends with Michael Anthony, but he still did not have contact with Eddie.

I hope you are right, that would be one concert I would not miss. The website only listed Eddie, Michael and Alex. No lead singer listed.

Quote: 5150 is one of my all time favorite records

Me too. I love almost every song on that record.

Last edited by Shadow : 03-24-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:32 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
i never cared for theme much, few songs yes, Poundcake, right now, was awsome And i think on a talent scale David Lee Roth, Had 0, he was kinda funny and charming, But He did VH A favor When Old Sammy, Took The Mic.
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-25-2004, 03:58 AM   #8
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »
yeah I miss VH and I would agree that Sammy was better than Dave however my favorite song by VH was done by Dave "Me Wise Magic" killer song its on the Best of album
Old 03-25-2004, 11:25 AM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) The website only listed Eddie, Michael and Alex. No lead singer listed.
from what I've heard, Sammy's been w/ them, too. prolly one of those 'music industry not releasing most recent info until much later' deals.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:38 AM   #10
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) from what I've heard, Sammy's been w/ them, too. prolly one of those 'music industry not releasing most recent info until much later' deals.

Wow. Thanks BearFan. If you hear anything more, please let me know. I have to be honest, I never listen to the radio. I don't care much for the stations we have here. I always have CD's in.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
will do

Old 03-28-2004, 11:42 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
alright... heard it on the radio yesterday, van halen (eddie, michael, alex, and sammy) are going on tour this summer! it be official... badass b/c they're coming to st. louis, and i just might head down to the savvis center! http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/road.html for the schedule!!!

Old 03-28-2004, 11:52 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If Jerry Cantrell opens for them, I would go, otherwise, I'd have to pass ...he's good friends with Sammy.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:04 PM   #14
Shadow
USER INFO »
Thank you so much BearFan. They have updated their web-site since the other day. Sammy is on it!!!!!!

No dates scheduled here . Closest one is New Jersey and that is about 1 1/2 hour drive (on a good day). And frankly, from Long Island to New Jersey there are no good days.

I'm hoping that they add more shows. Usually when a band plays New Jersey, they always come here the day before or day after.

Thanks again BearFan, I would have never known about them getting back together!
Old 03-29-2004, 09:48 PM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Thank you so much BearFan.... Thanks again BearFan
No problem