++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #226
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: The Official Creed Press/TV Thread

PRAISE JESUS, that was a long interview love what they titled it , just 4 or 5 more days to go, And Creed Will Be Hitting The Road, while scott is getting ready TO go on the road WITH Creed PEACE BE WITH YOU DK, and thanks for posting, He More In Likley Needs The Kid to help him get packed, and everything else,
Old 07-22-2010, 01:33 AM   #227
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Another...

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...7222010/562966

Quote: Where do you even begin with Creed?

Do you start with the nearly 35 million albums the band has sold worldwide? Or do you start with the dark tales of alcohol abuse and recovery, overexposure and hiatus that turned the band into a punch line for many fans?

For a current pulse, you have to turn to Scott Stapp, the man behind the deep and grungy voice that has won Grammys--and the man behind the reckless behavior that once put Creed in a murky light that no one enjoys.

After just a few minutes of chatting with Stapp, it's clear that Creed has entered a new chapter--a chapter beyond excess and alcohol and one that likely won't be the source of widespread mockery anytime soon.

And nothing symbolizes this latest chapter more than Stapp's new haircut.

"In the past, I put a lot of things in that hair where if a cop with a K-9 unit pulled me over then I would have been very afraid," said Stapp in a phone interview.

"I had to get rid of the whole mane. In late 2007, I felt that my wife wasn't talking to me and she wasn't looking at the person behind those eyes. I felt she was looking at, and still talking to, the person that was periodically under the influence. So, I went into the bathroom and shaved it all off.

"She said, 'What are you crazy?' We both looked at each other, and that moment really had an impact. It was a moment of passion between people that really loved each other."

In 2009, Creed reunited after a nearly five-year hiatus. The band released its aptly titled fourth studio album, "Full Circle," in late 2009.

In addition to welcoming a new album to Creed's discography, Stapp recently welcomed a new member to his very own family. On July 4, Stapp's wife, Jaclyn, gave birth to their third child, Daniel Issam Stapp.

"When I carry him around, he's just now getting to the point where he's putting it all together, like 'I guess this is Mommy and Daddy and they feed and change me,'" said Stapp.

"I whistle [musical] scales to him, and he loves that. When he cries, I whistle some scales to him and he stops crying. So, the vocal lessons have begun."

Creed will kick off its "20-10" tour in Nashville on Monday and will play Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow on Wednesday. The "20-10" tour means more to Creed than simply throwing a hyphen in the current year.

"Since 1997, it's always been important for us as a band to try and keep ticket prices down and merchandise prices down," said Stapp. " So for this tour we were able to get Live Nation and Ticketmaster on board so we could offer the first 2,010 fans at each show $20 tickets and $10 lawn seats. We hope other artists will look at this as a model and consider doing it, too."

In addition to a good bargain, fans can expect to see Stapp roll out on a custom Orphan chopper while guitarist Mark Tremonti rocks out on a custom FRET12 guitar during the band's "Moment of Thunder Tribute." The moment will honor America's fallen troops, and the motorcycle and guitar will both be given away to fans at the end of the year.

It seems these are just a few more ways Creed is showing the public that it truly has come "Full Circle."

"The biggest lesson I've learned over the years is a life lesson as well," said Stapp.

"And that is to appreciate every second, every minute, every hour, every moment, every experience, everything positive. In an instant it can all be gone."

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 AM   #228
BSC
USER INFO »

Two pretty good interviews, I agree about the Creed songs on his solo tour, I could sort of understand when Creed weren't around, but now they're back, and there's no need.

It's good to see that the acoustic album is actually happening, and not just some idea the guys had.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #229
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Found this on Google...Tremonti interview with AntiMusic.com

http://www.antimusic.com/reviews/10/...nterview.shtml

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #230
nagpo
USER INFO »

That was a really nice interview. I agree with what he said about Good Fight.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #231
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Short mention of Flip on Drummer Connection (back on the 7th of June) Hopefully they'll give him some love on the roster page soon, he's only listed for hardware/pedals right now.

http://www.drummerconnection.com/new...d-max-weinberg

Quote: Drum Workshop recently announced
the official signing of several high-profile drummers. DW’s artist
roster is regarded as one of the most celebrated and highly visible in the drum industry today. In addition to such names as Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), Mick Fleetwood (Fleetwood Mac), Max Weinberg (Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band), Aaron Spears (Usher), Alex Gonzalez (Mana) and Neil Peart (Rush), DW’s family of artists now includes Austrian drumming virtuoso Thomas Lang, Extreme Metal master Derek Roddy, Creed stickman Scott Phillips, studio legend John J.R. Robinson, heavy hitter Dave Grohl and Muse drummer Dominick Howard.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:40 AM   #232
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Behind the scenes pics from the Q&A:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...dc0cac9a6c0ef2

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #233
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Thanks to PBF.

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/ente...895b93e19.html

Creed returns a stronger band

Quote: The six years between "old" Creed and "new" Creed were good ones, says guitarist Mark Tremonti.

"We didn't just sit around, idle. We were hustling...and becoming better musicians."

Now, as the re-formed band, he, Scott Stapp, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall are even more united.

"When we're out touring, we realize it would have been a big shame to throw it all away over past differences," Tremonti says.

Those glory days brought Creed a string of hits, sold-out arenas and a Grammy Award. They also prompted more than a little inner tension. When it got to be unbearable, Stapp went his way, Tremonti, Marshall and Phillips went theirs. Stapp released a solo CD. The others formed Alter Bridge, a band with a "more layered, more melancholy" sound.

Time, Tremonti says, healed old wounds. "Enough time went by and Scott and his managers reached out to ours. We had a discussion about the possibilities of touring and testing the waters. We all came to the same place."

Because the label wanted new music for the reunion tour, the band holed up in Nashville and quickly wrote "Full Circle." Tremonti had a bunch of ideas the others embraced. "We worked around the clock on it," he says. "It was exciting."

And it revealed a different shade in Stapp's voice. "It sounds even wider," Tremonti explains. "He's got a big boomy voice but this opens it up even more. Sometimes when he's pushing for a note he sounds like a big bear."

New music also gives Creed new perspective.

New perspective gives the band new purpose.

"We can push forward," Tremonti says. "We want to see where the day takes us."

Alter Bridge, meanwhile, continues to exist.

"Creed shows are more fun. We get to let loose and hear the crowds sing back our songs. Alter Bridge has a more condensed crowd filled with die-hards who know every note we play."

Creed crowds are easier on the musicians. Alter Bridge ones "know when we hit a wrong note."

"With Arms Wide Open," Creed's Grammy winner, always elicits a big response. "Even if we're butchering it, the audience has a good time."

A mega-hit like that isn't easy to come by, Tremonti says. Today, "you can pretty much write off record sales. To us, now, they're just a marketing device. There's definitely a correlation between piracy and sales going down. The economy has taken its toll on bands, too. Record labels are throwing bands out there just to see if they stick."

Because technology has changed so rapidly, "you can make any kid sound like a pro. I surf the Internet a lot and some of them just blow me away. There are very talented folks out there. But it's tough for a band, particularly if they want to hit on the radio."

To do so, songs need to be simple and "digestible."

For Creed's next CD, Tremonti and company are already combing through ideas. "We'd like one that we can use on this tour and, in the last few days, we've found one we agree on. I wrote the lyrics in about 10 minutes. But I know Scott likes to write lyrics, so the lyrics will change."

Keeping things fresh, Tremonti adds, will ensure longevity.

"We plan on keeping everything nice and healthy. We want to move forward."

The big difference this time out? "We're all dads now except for Brian. We have other priorities. When we're not on the road, we have other things that keep us busy."

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 AM   #234
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Not much new in this article but I thought I'd post it anyway.

http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/Story.aspx?id=1257378

CREED TENTATIVELY PLANNING ACOUSTIC ALBUM
Quote:
Creed has tentative plans to release an acoustic album in 2011, a project that singer Scott Stapp says fans have requested for years. Stapp also gave us some hints about what the record might contain: "It's something we always wanted to do, you know. It would be our favorites, you know, the ones that the fans love, and then songs that we've learned over the years that might shock some people because they're so maybe heavy or fast or intense. But when we strip 'em down and play it acoustic it's a whole 'nother vibe, it's a whole 'nother thing. And we really think it's cool and we want to share it with our fans and see what they think."

Creed also has loose plans to record a new studio album next year, which would follow up 2009's Full Circle.

Stapp sings on a new version of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son" for the new Santana album, Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time, due out Sept. 21st.

The other members of Creed -- guitarist Mark Tremonti, bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips -- have completed the third album from their other band, Alter Bridge, and plan to issue it in September.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #235
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Creed is just the ticket for strapped music fans

http://www.wayneindependent.com/ente...ped-music-fans

Quote: This summer’s concert season has seen a bevy of attractive deals, as more and more acts and venues react to the struggling economy with lower ticket prices and reduced service charges. But the best deal of all is the Creed tour.

In honor of it being 2010, the band is offering a 20-10 deal, in which the highest-priced seats are $20, and the first 2,010 buyers of those tickets will enjoy the added bonus of not paying any service charges. The rest of the venue’s seats are all priced at $20 and $10, with applicable service fees.

To add even more incentive, there will be “The Chopper & Axe Giveaway,” in which a lucky fan will win one of Mark Tremonti’s custom-built guitars at the end of the tour. Also being raffled is the custom-designed Orphan motorcycle singer Scott Stapp will be revving on stage during Tremonti’s instrumental salute to American servicemen and women. (Anyone can enter the contest, with the prizes valued at more than $80,000, by logging on to www.creed2010.com.)

It almost sounds too good to be true, and raises the question of how the band could offer so much and still make a profit.

“This tour is not about making the money, and we’re definitely cutting our profit margin down, but there’s still plenty there for us,” said Tremonti from his home near Orlando, Fla. “We know this economy is killing everybody, and these prices give the people what they want – a chance to come out and hear a good show for reasonable money.”

If Creed hasn’t always been critical darlings, to say the least, no one can argue with their sincerity. They kicked off the 36-city tour with a date in Nashville, Tenn., where the proceeds went to the Hands On Nashville organization, dedicated to flood relief.

The Tremonti model guitar came about almost by accident. The guitarist could never find exactly what he wanted for a live performance. So the people at Fret12 decided to let him design it.

“They had a design guy come and work with me, and we made one right to my specifications – and it came out great,” said Tremonti. “The motorcycle thing came about easily, since my brother, Dan, has been working at marketing Orphan bikes. It’s a good way to remember our fallen soldiers. ... I saw it five days ago, and, believe me, it’s a nasty bike.”

Creed formed in the mid-1990s when Tremonti and Stapp were students at Florida State University. It wasn’t long before their hard-rocking, but melodic, sound found an audience, and hits like “Higher,” “My Sacrifice,” “Torn,” “One,” and 2001 Grammy winner, “With Arms Wide Open,” were topping the charts.
But Stapp was always a controversial figure, his passionate Eddie Vedder-influenced vocals accompanied by an onstage persona many deemed phony. Because some of his songs dealt with self-examination, spirituality and existentialism, he was accused of being a bit too self-righteous and even preachy.

There also was a rift inside the band that led to a breakup in 2004. Stapp went on to release a solo album, while Tremonti formed Alter Bridge, which also included three other Creed veterans. But by last year, amends were made and Creed re-formed behind the very solid “Full Circle” album.

The CD contains potential hits in “Rain,” “A Thousand Faces” and “Overcome.” But thus far, sales have been slow – a far cry from the band’s second album, “Human Clay,” which sold more than 11 million units.

Nonetheless, the songwriting is strong, and Tremonti is hoping the tour will help boost sales of “Full Circle.”

When he’s not performing with Creed, Tremonti can be found guesting on other artists’ recordings, a side gig he finds invigorating.

“I am completely driven by music,” Tremonti said. “I love what I do. Whenever Creed has a layoff, I totally jump at any chance I get to sit in with other people. Of course I want to make sure I have some quality family time, too (Tremonti and his wife, Victoria, have two sons). But overall I feel very blessed to be able to do all the various musical things I’m asked to do.”

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #236
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Creed scorches Darien, leaves crowd satisfied

http://www.buffalonews.com/entertain...ticle87570.ece

Quote: DARIEN — For a group that reunited in 2009 to release a new album and launch a nationwide tour, Creed is sounding better than ever.

Their performance Saturday night at Darien Lake was a smash hit with the crowd, which went wild over the band’s electrifying and scorching sound — a surprise for listeners who might have only been familiar with Creed’s public persona on the radio.

Concert Review

Creed

Saturday night at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center.

Although Creed is typically considered a post-grunge band, the band’s style in a live setting leans more toward hard, head-banging rock. But one thing is sure: the audience got what it wanted.

Creed delivered a blazing performance, and the guitar runs had the alacrity and facility of an organist playing a Bach fugue — except with much more volume.

The warm-up band, Theft, started out the night with somewhat muddy vocals but a steady beat and energetic pulse.

Creed’s performance, overall, drew a packed crowd that reveled in songs like “Higher,” “One” and “My Sacrifice.”

The lyrics hold solid messages and, therefore, encouraged listeners to sing along.

Creed, with a live sound that proved to be sufficiently full and round, welcomed a passionate audience with arms wide open.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #237
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

http://lacrossetribune.com/entertain...cc4c002e0.html

Creed singer talks about the band’s breakup and makeup — and his personal spirituality

Quote: Scott Stapp has stood on the mountain, looking down from the top of the charts with songs like "With Arms Wide Open."

He's also been at the bottom, looking at the disarray of his life after an acrimonious split with his band, Creed, five years ago, which was fueled by personality conflicts, drug and alcohol abuse and the rock ‘n' roll lifestyle.
This time, things will be different, he says, because he knows who he is and knows what he wants.

"Most people are a lot different at 35 than they are at 21. We're different men. We're married, we have families, we have different priorities. We have different reasons behind why we live and why we do what we do."

The first time around, he said, "I wasn't ready at all. I wasn't ready to be out of my house, to be honest with you. To be blessed with all that popularity along with the financial rewards that came with it, at the maturity level of a 15-year-old, no, I wasn't ready. My heart wanted to be," he said, but he couldn't have imagined what was to come.

"I made some bad decisions, all a reflection of not having made a firm commitment to who I was as a person. I was still trying to figure that out."
Because of the spiritual overtones of much of their music, many of the fans wanted them to be a Christian band.

"I was trying to understand that and believe that and wrestle with that. We got into this band for all the classic reasons - it was sex, drugs, rock ‘n' roll. We were a rock band, a bunch of young, immature kids."

It was a confusing period, he said, and when they got slapped with the Christian band label, it was even more confusing.

"We did our best to educate our fans, not because we wanted to deny that but because we didn't want to be hypocrites. We knew we weren't living that."
When the band got back together last year, it was like coming full circle, which is the name of their new album. They were starting fresh as more focused people, Stapp said. They knew what went wrong the first time and were determined to set a steadier course this time around.

"I always believed in my heart that we would (get back together). I believed even though a lot of things were said. I didn't take it all to heart after I thought about it. Yeah, things stung initially," he said, but he understands now that they had to step away from each other to come back together.

"Now I feel like we can honestly do that, use the gift we've been given of music. Just the skill level of the band, the growth and maturity as artists" is so much better, he said.

Stapp said he now has a deeper understanding of love and life and he brings that with him to the music.

"I was in a spiritual journey and will be for the rest of my life. I did believe in God, and I did have a knowledge of Christ and faith and Christianity because my parents raised me that way. At that time in my life, I was running from that," he said, because he was taken in by the glamour.

"I learned real quick what the world had to offer. It offered death, and I came close to that."

Stapp said Creed is still not billing itself as a Christian band. "I can do that (proclaim Christianity) on a personal level, but collectively I have to speak for the four of us. But I'm a Christian, and I've made that commitment."
Stapp said coming back together as a band has been wonderful and difficult and worthwhile.

"The best way and only way to communicate how we felt was to be vulnerable and honest when we were creating music. Everything was coming out in the songs."

And that's how they healed and came back together, Stapp said. "Just as our bodies heal slower as we get older and recover slower," he said, forgiving and getting back to a good place took longer.

"I could go outside and play on the monkey bars all day long and not have a sore muscle when I was kid. But if I tried to keep up with my 11-year-old all day, I'd be stiff all over. So I've been able to forgive and forget, but it's not the same with everybody. We do tend to hold onto things - it's a natural defense. But things from the past are not going to happen again."

At every show they play, including at Fort McCoy on Aug. 7, the band will be honoring the military and asking audience members to contribute care packages for the troops.

If you don't know where to send one, he said, contact Fort McCoy and they'll tell you what to do.

"You can make a difference. We have that belief that we can start the fire. Behind the big rock show, we're there to remind you who the true heroes are. We want to keep that memory going."

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #238
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

A Conversation With Creed's Mark Tremonti

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r..._b_680948.html

Quote: Mike Ragogna: What's up with Creed's latest tour?

Mark Tremonti: It runs through September. We're trying to get a single out at the same time that we're recording right now, and hopefully, we'll finish it up in the next few weeks. That's about it going on in Creed world.

MR: You have a new single?

MT: I spent about a month before the tour putting ideas together to try to get a single on the radio, just to get some attention on the tour. But with Scott (Stapp) having a new baby, and us all being apart, it was hard to really get it recorded. So, we had to wait until we were doing rehearsals for the tour to get it started, and all we have to do now is finish up the vocals and get it out there, hopefully this month.

MR: I guess it's like herding cats when everyone has families and private lives.

MT: Yeah, absolutely, it's tough. We all have kids now and live in different cities. So, when we get together, it's all about work.

MR: Even though it was released last year, your album Full Circle is still going strong, and this tour is, more or less, a continuation of the reunion. What was it like getting back together with the other guys?

MT: First, we got together just to put a tour together and see if we could all get along out there. Things went well, nobody brought up the past, and after a few meetings, we decided that it would be best to put out a record to accompany the tour. The only problem was we only had three months to write and record an album, so it was quite a fire drill. But it got done in time, and I think the record came out during that tour, and came out the way we wanted it.

MR: Mark, over the years, beyond Creed, you also fit in some side projects. There's Alter Bridge, and you worked with Larry the Cable Guy.

MT: Yeah, years ago. We had become friends a long time ago, before his career really started to take off. We joked about getting together and doing a song, and he called me up one day to say he actually wanted to do it. So, he sang me his idea, and I went to record my guitar lines that day, and the record went gold. It might be platinum by now.

MR: Were you a fan of his humor?

MT: You know, I was a fan of his before anything really happened. He was just doing radio commercials for a truck shop in Orlando, and they were the funniest things on the air.

MR: Creed has had quite a few monster singles such as "Higher," "With Arms Wide Open," "My Sacrifice," "One Last Breath," and then you had two number one albums in Human Clay and Weathered. How does any band stay humble after that?

MT: I always kind of keep my head down, and stay focused on writing. I just try to keep to myself and not really keep track of the business side of things too much because it can distract you a little bit, you know? So, I always just kind of kept my head down and kept on going.

MR: In addition to Creed's hits, you've had many songs in movies and various stray projects. One of my favorites is "I'm Eighteen" from The Faculty that features a pre-Frodo Elijah Wood.

MT: Yeah, that was fun. It's always a good challenge to get in there. Usually, we don't have these songs practiced, we just have a choice of songs that we can cover, and we try to learn it that day. It's always a fun process. We did the same thing with "Riders In The Storm" for The Doors. So, it's a challenge, but it's a good time.

MR: Let's talk some more about the side projects. Can you catch us up on Alter Bridge?

MT: Yeah, we just mastered our third record about two or three weeks ago, and we plan on releasing it before we go on tour in Europe starting October 16th. We'll be touring through September, and then Myles (Kennedy) is out with Slash in January and February. So, we won't hit the States until next March with Alter Bridge. But like I said, we'll be in Europe from October through December.

MR: Are there any acts that you're taking on the road on this new tour, that you're sort of sponsoring or mentoring on the road?

MT: No. You know, all the bands that are out with us are pretty well developed bands. I think Theft, the first band, is being helped by MTV. I don't know if they're managed or sponsored by them, but MTV has really taken them under their wing, and they're a great band. Red and Skillet are also out with us, and they're two really developed acts. When you see what their show looks like, it's like they've been at it for years. They're two great bands, and there's no mentoring any of these guys; they're all very professional.

MR: Where can people go to find information on your tour?

MT: There's http://www.creed.com , and we're also giving away a motorcycle. You can go there and register for free to win this motorcycle.

MR: What advice do you have for new artists?

MT: I would just say keep focused on the music because at the end of the day, that's where all the power to succeed lies--in a good song. I think good representation and good music are important. Find a good manager, and work hard on songs.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:43 AM   #239
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Creed to come 'Full Circle' at SPAC

http://saratogian.com/articles/2010/...3355500614.txt

Quote: Published: Wednesday, August 18, 2010

By DEANNA AMORE
For The Saratogian

For those of you who may have doubts about Creed’s ability to bounce back, singer Scott Stapp says just listen to them now.

The band is in the middle of a rebirth of sorts, out on the road in support of its newest release, “Full Circle.” The “20-10 Tour” comes to Saratoga Performing Arts Center on Wednesday, Aug. 25.

“We did progress our sound dramatically,” the singer says of the new album.

It hasn’t been an easy road, as Stapp can certainly attest.

A very ugly, very public split — one the band even refers to as acrimonious — in 2004 made Creed’s critics rejoice and forced fans to choose sides as Stapp went solo and the remaining members moved on to form Alter Bridge.

The group went from topping the charts to becoming fodder for tabloids, especially Stapp, who wrestled with his demons under the harsh spotlight that many celebrities prefer to avoid.

“Some of my missteps were a reflection of what I went through,” Stapp says of the time. “It was a tough period.”

Fast forward five years to 2009 and the band found itself reunited and back on tour, including a stop at SPAC last summer. It was more like a trial run before they hit the studio.

“We didn’t know what to expect. We didn’t want to be in the past,” Stapp says of the need to put out a new album. He says the process was “a little backward” given that the band toured first then recorded. He calls their albums the chapters of their lives, which makes “Full Circle” an apropos title.

Songs such as “Overcome,” “On My Sleeve” and “Away in Silence” help tell the story behind the struggle.

This year’s tour is also helping the band get over what animosity there may have been.

“It’s amazing. The band is really coming together,” he says. “It’s been a humbling and exciting time. We’re having fun.”

While he doesn’t want to live in the past, Stapp certainly can’t forget it. In fact, the singer is writing a book about it, sort of like a message for the younger generation of musicians out there. His advice? “Treasure what you have. Don’t get caught up in the whole rock star thing. Keep yourself healthy,” he says. “We did fit into a rock ‘n’ roll cliché – the one we wish we didn’t fit in.”

For Stapp, it’s the fans who have hung on through thick and thin that help keep him grounded.

“We’ve been fortunate. We’ve never been the cookie-cutter band. Our music stands the test of time,” he says.

He is hoping a new generation of fans comes out to see the band perform.

“It’s a rock family affair,” says the father of three, urging parents to bring their kids with them to the show.

When this tour ends in September, the singer will head out on a solo tour. It will be in more intimate venues, but Stapp says with “a lot of energy.” He says he plans sing his solo stuff, as well as Creed songs in a way fans have never heard.

As for Creed, Stapp says “Full Circle” is just the “tip of the iceberg.” Right now, they are focusing on the present, with an eye to the future and perhaps a return to the studio sometime next year.

Stapp knows it is up to the fans to keep them going. One way to they are giving back to them is by keeping this year’s ticket prices low. Inside seating at SPAC is $26, with lawn seats going for $16.

“We’ve been blown away by our fans,” Stapp says. “It quickly heals old wounds. We’re back and we’re better.”

Creed accepts its spiritual destiny

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_ente...l_destiny.html

Quote: Creed to perform at Saturday night in Holmdel

Thursday, August 19, 2010
BY MIKE KERWICK

His first instinct is to make the wrong choice. He believes this because in the past, when given multiple options, Scott Stapp has often wandered down the darkest road he could find.

"I can't do it my way," the Creed frontman said during a recent phone interview, " 'cause my way leads to death. My way has only brought pain and hurt to those I love and myself."

Years ago, it bothered Stapp when music fans assumed Creed was willing to carry the banner for the Christian faith. It wasn't so much the label. It was the pressure of living up to that label.

"We got that banner and we totally were like, 'Wait a minute. We're four dudes in a rock band for all the classic reasons, not the Christian reasons,' " Stapp said. "Go back and listen to the interviews. You'll hear it over and over again. 'No, we're not a Christian band.' We were deathly afraid of that, 'cause we didn't want to be hypocrites. We were trying to dispel that because we didn't want to be called that."

Now he doesn't mind carrying the banner. He doesn't mind using part of this phone interview to confirm his Christianity, to illustrate how it has enriched his life.

But back in Creed's heyday, when the group was pumping out one platinum record after another, he was confused. "And I thought that that was kind of clear in the music and in the songs that I had no agenda to promote Christ and salvation," Stapp said. "I was actually conflicted about the whole thing."

The band called it quits in 2004. Stapp said it was a mutual decision, but his actions definitely helped pave the way. His bizarre performance during a Chicago concert that winter actually inspired four fans to file a lawsuit against the band.

The group reunited last spring, touring for a few months and releasing a new album ("Full Circle") last fall. Stapp compared the band's breakup to walking in on your girlfriend and learning she's cheating on you.

"That's a deep wound, kind of a traumatic visual image to see," Stapp said. "When you get back with that person, that's going to be a hard scar, a hard scab to heal. And it's going to take time. … You don't just jump back in."

And he thinks most fans will notice the difference on "Full Circle." Of the group's four albums, Stapp thinks this one is the most powerful, but has the least synergy.

"On our first three albums, you could put your headphones on and every song is connected," Stapp said. "It's almost like the first song never stopped. This new album, you get a song and you get a vibe and then it stops. And then you get another one. I think what that shows is we really didn't know how to communicate with each other, except through the music, when we wrote this album."

It takes time. Six years after Creed's first breakup, Stapp doesn't mind waiting, at least until the road looks safe.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #240
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Short article from CitizensVoice.com

http://citizensvoice.com/news/creed-...lcome-1.958354

Creed receives warm welcome

By Josh McAuliffe (Staff Writer)
Published: August 19, 2010

Quote: Creed may have been off the musical radar for what seemed like eons, but they haven't been forgotten by their fans.

Case in point: Wednesday night's concert at Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain, which found the one-time modern rock golden boys playing to an impressive though not jam-packed crowd. Scott Stapp and company brought the noise, and plenty of it.

They also brought two opening acts. First up was the four-piece Theft, who gave the early arrivals 20 minutes of their '90s alternative-meets-indie rock stylings. Next up was the Christian hard rock combo Skillet, who shook the tent with their ear-shattering melodies, complemented by cello and violin.
Creed has often been pegged as a pseudo-Christian act, but most who latched onto the band during their late '90s, early 2000s heyday liked them primarily for their high-volume compositions and Stapp's over-the-top, Eddie Vedder-esque vocals.

That's what folks got Wednesday night. Taking the stage around 9:15, pyrotechnics shooting off around them, Stapp, guitarist Mark Tremonti, bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips dove into the opening chords of "Bullets." As Stapp marched back and forth, Tremonti tore off an abundance of jackhammer riffs.

A few songs in, Stapp announced the band was going "back to its roots" before beginning the opening chords of 1997's "My Own Prison." The hits continued, including power ballad "With Arms Wide Open."

Indeed, fans seemed more than happy to take Creed back into their welcoming embrace.

One Nation. Indivisible.