++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 04:08 AM   #46
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Once again: the band members haven't told us if they're broken up or not because they probably aren't sure. Mixed emotions, I guess.
Yeah, the word isn't offical, yet. I say it will just take time for the official word to be out that they have broken up. But, who knows, what will happen in the future.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) And I'd appreciate it you wouldn't go spouting off about his supposed shitload of problems if you don't have firsthand knowledge of them, i.e, you know him personally, which I suspect you don't.
AMEN, DOGSTAR!! You took the words straight out of my mouth and I am bloody glad you did. I know EXACTLY how you feel, and I have been keeping that inside for quite sometime now. I am sick of how people just come on here, and TELL us what's going on. None of us know, apart from the information that we get from Michael. It just really ticks me off how people on here (I am not going to name any names, so no one take this offensively) But it really annoys the crap out of me how people can think they know it all.

Sorry, just letting off some steam there.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-14-2004, 05:25 AM   #47
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Yeah, the word isn't offical, yet. I say it will just take time for the official word to be out that they have broken up. But, who knows, what will happen in the future.

AMEN, DOGSTAR!! You took the words straight out of my mouth and I am bloody glad you did. I know EXACTLY how you feel, and I have been keeping that inside for quite sometime now. I am sick of how people just come on here, and TELL us what's going on. None of us know, apart from the information that we get from Michael. It just really ticks me off how people on here (I am not going to name any names, so no one take this offensively) But it really annoys the crap out of me how people can think they know it all.

Sorry, just letting off some steam there.

you could be jumping the gun here a bit, there could be no break-up to take time to filter out. it would massively unprofessional if they broke up and kept it secret. its far more likely IMHO that it is a hiatus that may or may not end, which is different from a break-up that that while it can be reversed is more permenant. Actually Silverchair (great Ausse band) have had similar rumours flying around the place. When side-project The Dissociatives (featuring Daniel Johns) began with DJ Paul Mac there were massive rumours that Silverchair had broken up and "inside sources" were sprouting off in the newspaper articles. The band has said they have not broken up perhaps Daniel has outgrown Silverchair, i'm not sure. That is the whole point we don't know and we shouldn't pretend we do.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:40 AM   #48
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah I do know what you mean, and I apologise again if that post seemed abit over the top, but I did just want to let that out, because this is all just so frustrating having so many questions without answers.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-14-2004, 12:09 PM   #49
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I wasn't asking you, I was asking tremonti4life to back up his or her statement. But since you jumped in, were the problems at the other shows you mention because of vocal troubles, or was he *not himself* as in Chicago? And I'd appreciate it you wouldn't go spouting off about his supposed shitload of problems if you don't have firsthand knowledge of them, i.e, you know him personally, which I suspect you don't.

Someone asked what other shows there were "problems" at...so I spouted off the ones in Fall 2002 I could recall.

Tampa, according to a friend that was there, he was kinda "all over the place" for emotions...I can't really discribe it.

Dayton, PSU....PSU was the stage problems, which I totally get where the Band was getting frustrated and Stapp getting pissy...I still find his swearing commical. Dayton...smiliar to PSU re attitude...add alcohol.

Spokane...was drunk. Not to the Chicago degree, but none-the-less, it was apparnet he wasn't sober.

Chicago...anything beyond drunk (and prior to) would be speculation. I've heard about 30 different things about it, only some of which actually add up, and even then, I wasn't backstage that night.

His "relationship" and problems with the Ex Hillaree are well documented...so that's nothing new. And the ego comment...well maybe that was more a personal opinion on it, but there is no denying the man does have one.

Nope, I don't know him personally, but that doesn't mean I am not aware of situations and other things. I might be new here, but I'm by no means a "newbie" when it comes to Creed. I'm a much more "aware" fan than I was four years ago. I know what I've seen at shows, and what friends whom I trust have seen. I know where to look when I have questions, and I discuss things with people. But there's also stuff that will not see the light of day on a BB from me, because I have respect for the people they concern and the people who told it to me.

Basically, for me, my respect for him goes down more and more with each spun PR line he spews, and with each interview calling fans liars (Orlando Sentinal RE: Chicago and the Abrahms Report). When you can't accept the blame for your fuckup and continue to pass it off as something else, then I can NOT respect that. Own up, take the hit, get past it, move on with your life...THAT I can respect.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:54 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) Someone asked what other shows there were "problems" at...so I spouted off the ones in Fall 2002 I could recall.
Yes, I asked...tremonti4life

Quote: Tampa, according to a friend that was there, he was kinda "all over the place" for emotions...I can't really discribe it.

Then don't cite this as an example of a show in which he wasn't himself unless you can provide some concrete information, like Chicago. *All over the place* doesn't tell me squat.

Quote: Dayton, PSU....PSU was the stage problems, which I totally get where the Band was getting frustrated and Stapp getting pissy...I still find his swearing commical. Dayton...smiliar to PSU re attitude...add alcohol.

Similar in what way, that there were technical problems, a power failure, and he got pissy? Crappy crowd? Add alcohol? Was he stammering, stuttering, slurring/forgetting words, stumbling and bumbling? You have to do better than that.

Quote: Spokane...was drunk. Not to the Chicago degree, but none-the-less, it was apparnet he wasn't sober.
Again, details please. A simple statement that you say he was drunk doesn't really cut it.

Quote: Chicago...anything beyond drunk (and prior to) would be speculation. I've heard about 30 different things about it, only some of which actually add up, and even then, I wasn't backstage that night.

I didn't asked about this show, as that one's been well-documented. I asked about shows other than PSU and Chicago.

Quote: His "relationship" and problems with the Ex Hillaree are well documented...so that's nothing new. And the ego comment...well maybe that was more a personal opinion on it, but there is no denying the man does have one.
No doubt, but your insinuation that he has a shitload of problems that he has to sort out implied that they went beyond his well-documented problems with his ex-wife. Shitload implies many.

Quote: Nope, I don't know him personally, but that doesn't mean I am not aware of situations and other things.
Ok, whatever, another supposed *in the know* person who has heard it from some second- to eighth-hand person. Sorry, but unless you know of his supposed problems from your own experience or from some other credible source that can be cited, I think you should keep those kinds of comments to yourself.

Quote: I might be new here, but I'm by no means a "newbie" when it comes to Creed. I'm a much more "aware" fan than I was four years ago. I know what I've seen at shows, and what friends whom I trust have seen. I know where to look when I have questions, and I discuss things with people. But there's also stuff that will not see the light of day on a BB from me, because I have respect for the people they concern and the people who told it to me.

*rolls eyes* Blah, blah, blah, again, you have no credible sources except for friends, who no doubt are fans just as yourself. If you can't cite better sources than that, then you're not a credible source, so keep your suppositions about his personal crap to yourself or take them back to Creedpit where the drama runs rampant. I'm not interested in rumor, innuendo or supposed fact unless you can back it up.

Quote: Basically my respect for him goes down more and more with each spun PR line he spews, and with each interview calling fans liars (Orlando Sentinal RE: Chicago and the Abrahms Report). When you can't accept the blame for your fuckup and continue to pass it off as something else, then I can NOT respect that. Own up, take the hit, get past it, move on with your life...THAT I can respect.

No quibble with you there...He went down several points in my estimation when he spewed the BS about Chicago.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:15 PM   #51
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Well, first off Dogstar, I saw creed on the My Own Prison, Human Clay, and Weathered tour, and the only one that scott stapp was acting like a complete asshole on was the weathered tour. You can tell by looking at him that hes been having problems, i mean, that is dogstar if you can pull your head outta ur ass long enough to see. Nobody that i know whos not on some kind of drugs gets fat in the face, but the rest of their body stays the same. I was about 10 feet from the stage at PSU, and stapp looked like hell, he could hardly hit the highest notes in some of his songs. Mind you that i thought the show was pretty good cuz the swearing is funny, but still, he knows that his shows are all age, and hes swearing in front of all those little kids. SO dogstar, dont get your panties all in a bunch buddy, just chill. Oh, and you know what else makes me think that creed broke up. The fact that they are putting out a compilation album even tho they have 3 albums out that dont have a lot of hits or b-sides. If the band doesnt want to breach their contract with wind-up, and they only need one more album to get their contract over with, wouldnt it make sense to put out a compilation? I mean, thats all just speculation and observations on my part, but we all know that dogstar likes facts and not observations, god forbid someone say something that may not be the whole truth, but meerly a viewpoint of someone else. Where are your facts that stapp isnt having problems dogstar? Once again, i didnt say that I know it all, im sayin that i believe that is the problem. Im saying that from MY POINT OF VIEW. Isnt the point of a message board to speculate and give opinions. Well, its a free country and I GAVE MY OPINION. I shared my point of view, so take it up with my lawyer if it offends you that much.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me

Last edited by tremonti4life04 : 04-14-2004 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:33 PM   #52
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Holy hell dogstar, what would be a credible piece of evidence to you, i think echelon made it pretty clear where he/she got the information. What, you want one of us to go to florida and job shodow him for a year, would that make you more comfortable? Oh wait, i dont have enough evidence that stapp lives in florida, i better not speculate for the sheer fact that something MAY be wrong with my statement today. Damn dogstar, get over it, if a lot of people realized that hes having problems, then apparently something is wrong with him. Its not our fault that you have the observational skills of a toothpick.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #53
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok if I may throw in my 2 cents here, Dogstar isn't saying that Stapp is perfect. She's not saying that ANYONE is perfect, and her ass is nowhere NEAR her head, thank you very much. NOBODY is perfect. And the point here is, many of us are getting very sick and tired of "I know some things" and "My friend knows a guy who has a cousin who knows Creed" and "I could tell you but I don't want to betray any confidences". I, for one, and SICK to death of the wannabes here who come to the board from Creedpit or whatever hole they've crawled out from to post how much inside info they have without citing actual sources. You can say you saw Steve, the admin of this board, in line at the Houston show and he was drunk off his ass and beat you up. But unless you've got pics or witnesses or PROOF to back you up, no one is going to take you seriously. That's the way it is with this onslaught of wannabes. We've gotten way too many people either claiming to know more than they can say, or insinuating that they're connected. As my dear friend Jango is prone to say, PPOR. Post Proof or Retract. Don't come here spouting stuff you can't positively back up. And just because you say it and you believe it, it doesn't make it true.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:47 PM   #54
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
What, do i have to be a moderator to have an opinion? Am I not free to share my point of view? I live in the United States, not Iraq, im free to have opinions/observations, and i am free to speculate and share my opinions

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Well, first off Dogstar, I saw creed on the My Own Prison, Human Clay, and Weathered tour, and the only one that scott stapp was acting like a complete asshole on was the weathered tour.

*rolls eyes* Wow, that's a lot of proof. Again, no facts or observations other than his swearing at the PSU show to back up what you say, which is all I asked you to do. And you never did mention any other shows you attended where he *wasn't himself*. Blanket generalizations with no proof.

Quote: You can tell by looking at him that hes been having problems, i mean, that is dogstar if you can pull your head outta ur ass long enough to see.

Really, you can? Oh, wow, what a revelation. Appearances don't always tell the whole story, or are you not wise enough to know never to judge a book by its cover? Do you take everything at face value? I pity you.
And another thing, don't fucking insult me with your lame-ass cursing. I can play that game, too. I simply disagreed with your post and questioned the validity of some of your statements, asking you back them up. So, buddy, no need to get YOUR panties in a twist.

Quote: Nobody that i know whos not on some kind of drugs gets fat in the face, but the rest of their body stays the same.

Wasn't there talk from Scott himself that he was taking medication for his vocal cords and back trouble from the car accident and such? Even if he was lying you've no right to suppose that he was on some kind of drugs (illicit implied) without knowing the facts.

Quote: I was about 10 feet from the stage at PSU, and stapp looked like hell, he could hardly hit the highest notes in some of his songs. Mind you that i thought the show was pretty good cuz the swearing is funny, but still, he knows that his shows are all age, and hes swearing in front of all those little kids.

Again, get over yourself with the swearing. And from what I could see, as I was on the rail at the PSU show, he looked chubbier all around, not just in his face. That could be attributed to eating and drinking as well as drugs. BUT WE DON'T KNOW! You're not with him daily to see what he does and doesn't do. And yeah, he was having trouble hitting the high notes. I have a number of bootlegs from tours past where he had the same trouble, although it was most notable on the Weathered tour.

Quote: SO dogstar, dont get your panties all in a bunch buddy, just chill.

My panties are just fine and you, I think, are the one who needs to chill. You're the one getting all in a huff about his swearing. I think you need to seriously lighten up.

Quote: Oh, and you know what else makes me think that creed broke up.

No, and I really don't give a rat's ass what you think because you don't back up anything you say, so I would put little stock in anything else you might opine about.

Quote: The fact that they are putting out a compilation album even tho they have 3 albums out that dont have a lot of hits or b-sides. If the band doesnt want to breach their contract with wind-up, and they only need one more album to get their contract over with, wouldnt it make sense to put out a compilation?
Gee, what astounding powers of deduction *rolls eyes*

Quote: I mean, thats all just speculation and observations on my part, but we all know that dogstar likes facts and not observations, god forbid someone say something that may not be the whole truth, but meerly a viewpoint of someone else.

Wow, sorry to be so demanding. You are a perfect example of what's wrong with today's gullible society. You just take what is fed to you and rush to judgment without doing one iota of homework.

Quote: Where are your facts that stapp isnt having problems dogstar? Once again, i didnt say that I know it all, im sayin that i believe that is the problem. Im saying that from MY POINT OF VIEW. Isnt the point of a message board to speculate and give opinions. Well, its a free country and I GAVE MY OPINION. I shared my point of view, so take it up with my lawyer if it offends you that much.

My, my, where are those chill pills? You are in serious need. I never said he WASN'T having problems, if you would take the time and actually absorb what I posted. I simply said people who claim to know about his problems shouldn't spew that garbage if they can't back up what they say with either personal observation, i.e, knowing the guy, or credible sources, none of which I've seen to date.
Oh, and I don't think rampant speculation is the point of a message board. It's a place where fans can gather and talk about the band, yes. But spreading rumors on a message board is just as nasty if not worse than, by word of mouth.

You're right, it's a free country and you can spew your baseless opinions all you want. I have just as much right to shoot them down.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:06 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Damn dogstar, get over it, if a lot of people realized that hes having problems, then apparently something is wrong with him. Its not our fault that you have the observational skills of a toothpick.

You really are nasty. I've made plenty of observations. The difference is I don't go around acting as if I know what his problems are and throwing around baseless accusations, because I don't what his deal is. We as fans see only one side of him, not his daily life. If I can't base what I think on fact, then it's not credible. Or don't you understand the difference?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:09 PM   #57
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Ok if I may throw in my 2 cents here, Dogstar isn't saying that Stapp is perfect. She's not saying that ANYONE is perfect, and her ass is nowhere NEAR her head, thank you very much. NOBODY is perfect. And the point here is, many of us are getting very sick and tired of "I know some things" and "My friend knows a guy who has a cousin who knows Creed" and "I could tell you but I don't want to betray any confidences". I, for one, and SICK to death of the wannabes here who come to the board from Creedpit or whatever hole they've crawled out from to post how much inside info they have without citing actual sources. You can say you saw Steve, the admin of this board, in line at the Houston show and he was drunk off his ass and beat you up. But unless you've got pics or witnesses or PROOF to back you up, no one is going to take you seriously. That's the way it is with this onslaught of wannabes. We've gotten way too many people either claiming to know more than they can say, or insinuating that they're connected. As my dear friend Jango is prone to say, PPOR. Post Proof or Retract. Don't come here spouting stuff you can't positively back up. And just because you say it and you believe it, it doesn't make it true.

A-FRICKEN-MEN!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 05:26 PM   #58
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
My Base Of Observation Is Strictly That, Observation. At No Time What So Ever Did I Say That This Is The Honest To Gods Truth, But You Found It Within Yourself To Bash My Observation On The Situation. Until The Truth Is Known, No One Will Know Whats Wrong With Stapp, Its All Just Observations That I Am Making From What I Have Seen, And What I Recognize. You Can Sit There And Make Snide Remarks About Everything That I Have Said, But Truth Be Told, They Are Observations And Nothing More. I Will Be The First One To Say That I Dont Know For Sure, I Dont, I Never Said I Did, But You Automatically Assumed I Did. Everyone Has Opinions, And I Never Once Bashed Any Opinion That I Ever Saw You Post, I May Have Made A Comment, But I Have Never Once Gone Against Anything That Anyone Said, And I Think Everyone Has A Right To Make Observations, And I Thought That This Forum Was A Place Where People Could Post Their Thoughts And Observations. I Guess I Was Wrong To Assume That, Because Once Someone Does Make An Observation, It Just Gets Bashed To Hell And Made Fun Of. Oh, And Dogstar, Before You Go Flapping Your Gums About Me Not Knowing Th Music Industry With The observation That I Made About The Compilation Album, I Would Just Like To Tell You That You Are The One Thats Uninformed.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-14-2004, 05:32 PM   #59
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) My, my, where are those chill pills? You are in serious need. I never said he WASN'T having problems, if you would take the time and actually absorb what I posted. I simply said people who claim to know about his problems shouldn't spew that garbage if they can't back up what they say with either personal observation, i.e, knowing the guy, or credible sources, none of which I've seen to date.
Oh, and I don't think rampant speculation is the point of a message board. It's a place where fans can gather and talk about the band, yes. But spreading rumors on a message board is just as nasty if not worse than, by word of mouth.

You're right, it's a free country and you can spew your baseless opinions all you want. I have just as much right to shoot them down.

I have a credible source, my own eyes and ears. IT doesnt take a genious to figure out when somethings wrong with someone.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 04-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #60
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) You really are nasty. I've made plenty of observations. The difference is I don't go around acting as if I know what his problems are and throwing around baseless accusations, because I don't what his deal is. We as fans see only one side of him, not his daily life. If I can't base what I think on fact, then it's not credible. Or don't you understand the difference?

First off, i never acted like i know what his problems are. Second of all, They aren't baseless if you take into account all of the press that his problems accumulated. Those right there are problems enough to say that he is in fact having problems, maybe with alcohol, maybe with drugs, who knows. But that Chicago show was a pretty good indication that he wasn't in the right state of mind at the time. And as for his daily life, believe me, i have a kid to someone and we are no longer together, and we fight a great deal, that gives me a base for my observation somewhat on what hes feeling about his son and his ex wife. I know what its like to be in his shoes with that situation. So when you call my accusations "baseless", remember, im not accusing him of anything, im judging everything i say by my own personal experiences matched up with what you hear about him in the press. I always related my personal experiences to creed, why should i stop now? YET again, i made an observation, there is no harm in that.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Closed Thread