++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > CreedFeed Help & Feedback > Help & Feedback
Today's Posts «

Old 01-13-2005, 10:17 AM   #1
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I have a question, too...

Regurarding concert reviews...why are there so many "0" ???

I noticed that where there were some reviews they had been removed, so what happened to them? Why are some taken down and others left up? Seems that not all reviews will be of a positive nature, but heck, that's life... then again what that never happend with Creed...good or bad they stayed. So, what's up doc?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I know the reason you started this topic. Only 1 review was removed ever, and it was done so by me. It was removed due to being false. I verified information written in the review with several others at the show. While the review that was removed was an opinion, it was from a person who has a bias to begin with and has made that known. With that mis-information one has to conclude the person has went out of his/her way to bash the band. That's why it was removed.

And to answer your first question, there are so many 0's because no one is contributing reviews to the site.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I know the reason you started this topic. Only 1 review was removed ever, and it was done so by me. It was removed due to being false. I verified information written in the review with several others at the show. While the review that was removed was an opinion, it was from a person who has a bias to begin with and has made that known. With that mis-information one has to conclude the person has went out of his/her way to bash the band. That's why it was removed.

Steve, the question had to be asked, in order to get your side of the story/opinion.

I read the review and as i see it, it wasn't much different than some of the reviews given to Creed over time...some people liked them some didn't but those negative reviews were left up right along with the positive ones...altho, when people were "caught" in compromising circumstances, and they were brought to the bb...those were the posts that usually disappeared.

Personally, i saw nothing wrong with a differing view point of the concert from the usual, "how cool they are and we love you AB, oh yes we do" reviews. Not everyone that goes to see Alter Bridge is going to like what they see/hear, for their own reasons...they may like the supporting bands more...just how it is...and even tho it's an opinion, it is still a review, from their point of view, is it not?

As i understand it, there were TWO people there that nite that were told by security they needed PASSES to get autographs...one person had a set list for the concert they wanted signed. Using the anology that a lot of people use, if it was only one person, you might question it, but it was TWO that were told this. Just because others you asked didn't have this experience, doesn't mean that these two people are causing trouble and spreading untruths.

Of course this is just how i see it...equal time for ALL reviews...both good and bad..that would be fair...man, some of the old Creed Reviews were really over the top...mostly bashing Stapp...i don't remember any of those reviews being "sanitized"...but then, hey, AB is a horse of another color, huh...

Quote: And to answer your first question, there are so many 0's because no one is contributing reviews to the site.

thanks for the answer, just have to wonder why not, i guess.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Quote: As i understand it, there were TWO people there that nite that were told by security they needed PASSES to get autographs...one person had a set list for the concert they wanted signed. Using the anology that a lot of people use, if it was only one person, you might question it, but it was TWO that were told this. Just because others you asked didn't have this experience, doesn't mean that these two people are causing trouble and spreading untruths.

Well this is not necessarily the issue that I was referring to that was untrue.

And I did remove negative Creed reviews from the site as well during the Creed days. The only negative reviews that were not removed were ones that stemmed from the Chicago show where Stapp went crazy.

You have to realize that the review was not removed because of it being "negative" or "not liking" AB. It was removed because information within it was false, and the review was coming from someone with a bias. If THE LITHIUM posted a review with false information, I'd correct it but not delete it because he seems to have shown he likes AB. The review that was removed was from someone who has let it be known they do not like AB. That combined with false infomration made me delete the review.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #5
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Ann, if youre actually looking for some reviews, theres some more here .
Of course, it's an AB board, so i dont know if youd trust those either, but there you are.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #6
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
So what I get from your last post is that if someone LIKES AB and posts a review that MAY have some mistakes in it, after you verify it with the right people (and we all know who "they" are) the post stays, and you will "fix" the mistake. IF someone DOESN'T LIKE AB, and it is a known fact...and they happen, for whatever reason, to attend a concert, they had better make sure that if they choose to post their experience, it is acceptable, to the "right people", because their comments will be removed if they aren't. That seems to be the bottom line. Makes me wonder if i ever post a review on AB, cause ya never know, i just might show up at a show, if it would be deleted, should i choose to tell my experience too.

It's your bb, Steve, and i realize this..so you can do what ever you want to. But because it is known that someone doesn't like AB and still writes a review, and their information can't be corrected, as you would do for someone that DOES like them, just somehow doesn't set right.

btw: The comments about not removing negative Creed reviews wasn't aimed singly at this bb, there were several at that time...
Old 01-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I saw the review in question (if I'm guessing right) and expected it to be negative, given who wrote it. This person went in with a preconceived notion, surprise, surprise. It's exactly what the Creed critics used to do when they ripped the band in the press regardless of the performance. I know of plenty of people who didn't warm to AB for whatever reason, but at least these people gave them a chance. I never got the feeling that this particular reviewer did.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:32 PM   #8
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
In my case, "those people" I was referring to were other fans that attended the concert. I talked with several fans online regarding the show. If what I did doesn't "set you" right then don't read the AB reveiws section.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:29 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) That seems to be the bottom line. Makes me wonder if i ever post a review on AB, cause ya never know, i just might show up at a show, if it would be deleted, should i choose to tell my experience too.
But we all know that won't ever happen, so we won't hold our breath.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) It's your bb, Steve, and i realize this..so you can do what ever you want to. But.....
Sorry Ann, but there are NO buts about it. It IS Steve's board and it IS his to do with as he sees fit.

I, too, read that completely underwhelming review and wasn't the least bit surprised considering the source. If you choose to get upset at the way things are handled on this particular board, there are many others out there from which to choose.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:17 AM   #10
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: If you choose to get upset at the way things are handled on this particular board, there are many others out there from which to choose.

Teri, if you think my asking WHY was getting upset, you might want to rethink that logic......i believe i made my statements in an adult self explanitory manner, in an attempt to make a point.

Many people have preconceived ideas, even those that like Alter Bridge's music/lyrics when it comes to seeing, and in this case hearing differing opinions, from both sides of the coin...

And btw...if you notice, i did say it was Steve's bb and i know that he would dow what he wanted. Suggesting that i "find" someplace else to go...would be too easy...too many have taken that route...if i've got something to say, i'll say it where and when i please.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #11
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Steve, the question had to be asked, in order to get your side of the story/opinion.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) i believe i made my statements in an adult self explanitory manner, in an attempt to make a point.

But you havent. This whole thread is childish. If you had honestly had a problem or a question, you should have PM'd Steve, not made a thread. If you wanted his opinion, dandy, no one else, apparently, needs to have this explained to them, but a public thread where you can try and prove your 'point', was simply immature. And yes, you can say it when and where you please, as long as Steve deems fit.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Personally, i saw nothing wrong with a differing view point of the concert from the usual, "how cool they are and we love you AB, oh yes we do" reviews. Not everyone that goes to see Alter Bridge is going to like what they see/hear, for their own reasons...they may like the supporting bands more...just how it is...and even tho it's an opinion, it is still a review, from their point of view, is it not?
If its an opinion about the band from and open minded person, yes, its a review. If its a statement from a person who is known to dislike AB, and isnt correct, we can make the assumption why it was made, and thats bashing. Its no different than if someone who didnt like Stapp went to a concert, came onto the board, and posted a 'review', saying he was off-key, off-beat, horrible voice, ugly, and oh, btw, they didnt like the concert, when an open minded person comes in, says Stapp sounded great....The BASHING (cuz thats what it would be) post would either be corrected or more probably deleted.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) As i understand it, there were TWO people there that nite that were told by security they needed PASSES to get autographs...one person had a set list for the concert they wanted signed. Just because others you asked didn't have this experience, doesn't mean that these two people are causing trouble and spreading untruths.
It is common knowledge from ANY fan who has gone to an AB concert that the band meets everyone out by the bus. Period. If they were told that, which i doubt, the it was a mistake with that particular security person. Not AB. And 2 people out of hundreds is a very minimal percentage, assuming that the information they gave was even correct, and that they werent together at the show.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Of course this is just how i see it...equal time for ALL reviews...both good and bad..that would be fair...man, some of the old Creed Reviews were really over the top...mostly bashing Stapp...i don't remember any of those reviews being "sanitized"...but then, hey, AB is a horse of another color, huh...
Im not sure what that wink was meant to prove, so ill just ignore it, ok?
By bashing, are you referencing, perhaps, comments about Stapp's behavior? Because see, THATS a valid point. Maybe not one of your favorite, but it is. Any of his performances for the rest of his life can have tangents drawn from the Chicago show, because THAT actually happened. That would be a FACT. Alter Bridge has done absolutely nothing to deserve these insinuations you continue to make, that theyre horrible peope, it just gets hidden better, or whatever. And yes, AB is a horse of a different color, one that doesnt go to show on drugs, one that doesnt get into bar fights. They've proved themselves to be different from Stapp. Now, Im not saying Stapp is a bad person. I realize those were all mistakes of his. But when a person makes a mistake, it still happens. If I go speeding down the highway and get pulled over, I will get a ticket. Im not going to say it was a mistake, and the cop let me off. There are still consequences, mistakes or no. One of his is that he will always be remembered as comitting these mistakes. If AB, or just Tremonti or anyone else displays the same behavior, I would lose respect for them as well.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #12
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) But you havent. This whole thread is childish. If you had honestly had a problem or a question, you should have PM'd Steve, not made a thread. If you wanted his opinion, dandy, no one else, apparently, needs to have this explained to them, but a public thread where you can try and prove your 'point', was simply immature. And yes, you can say it when and where you please, as long as Steve deems fit

This is the key to this whole thread. Fluttergirl, you hit the nail right on the head. Had I removed a review from Bridge of Clay, for example, you wouldn't be here questioning why it was removed.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:20 PM   #13
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Had I removed a review from Bridge of Clay, for example, you wouldn't be here questioning why it was removed.

Steve, if BOC had posted something that was removed and i wondered WHY, if i noticed it was gone, i would have asked just the same as i did in this case...and just as i would in any other case no matter who posted it...especially if i found nothing more than an expression of ones experience in it...not liking something, and being vocal about it does not mean that you have no right to express those opinions.

As for your feeling that this thread is childish, Flutter Girl...you are correct, i could have PM'd Steve...but instead i chose to make it a public forum...in doing so, i realized that i opened myself up to the same descrimination as the person who wrote the origional review in question...that's what happens when someone chooses not to follow the herd.

You also said:

Quote: Its no different than if someone who didnt like Stapp went to a concert, came onto the board, and posted a 'review', saying he was off-key, off-beat, horrible voice, ugly, and oh, btw, they didnt like the concert

sorry...but this made me laugh...i've seen such things said about him, and nothing was done, because it was stapp...altho, they weren't in a concert review column...but such words have been used....and i bet if you looked you could find the posts...

As for your remark about consequences...for every action there is a reaction...i agree...but eventually reaction dissapates...but it looks like some people will never let that happen.

Quote: One of his is that he will always be remembered as comitting these mistakes.

Quote: If AB, or just Tremonti or anyone else displays the same behavior, I would lose respect for them as well.

Well then, i hope with all my heart that "AB, or just Tremonti" NEVER fall off the pedistle you have placed them on. Just like stapp...the rest of the guys have made mistakes too...nobody is perfect...and they ALL deserve that understanding...whether you agree with them or not, or whether you like their music or not.

But i digress...this is not the topic that was brought here for discussion...
Old 01-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #14
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
That is what its about Ann, thats what its always about with you, and I'm sick of it. It's like talking to a brick wall.....

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Just like stapp...the rest of the guys have made mistakes too..
Name one.
Name one error that the guys have made that have deserved them such disrespect and ridicule as you have deemed fit to bestow them with. Theyve never been in a barfight, or any of the other numerous mistakes that Stapp has made. Realizing this isnt putting them on a pedastle. Thinking the same, or even better of a person for having done so IS.

They are human, and Im sure theyve done their share of stupid stuff. They seem to unstand however, that they do have fans, and these fans do look up to them. They seem to be living their married, stable lives, complete without drama, keeping that fact in mind. Im not saying nothing ever will happen. It may. If it does, ask me then. But until then, I'm not going to assume the worst about some of the greatest guys I have ever met.

And with that, I'm pretty much done. Anything else would be repetitive.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: As for your feeling that this thread is childish, Flutter Girl...you are correct, i could have PM'd Steve...but instead i chose to make it a public forum...in doing so, i realized that i opened myself up to the same descrimination as the person who wrote the origional review in question...that's what happens when someone chooses not to follow the herd.
*rolls eyes*. You did this to start crap, as always. I seriously think you are not happy unless you're engaged in a verbal tussle.