++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 03-14-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
NIN leaks!

there are songs everywhere (4 thus far) but a small taste.....not too bad IMO.

http://dailyrefill.blogs.com/daily/files/with_teeth.mp3
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 03-14-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I downloaded one song from a different place, but I haven't listened to it yet. Thanks for the info, hide! I'm going to see NIN in May..Can't WAIT!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:36 AM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
thanks i cant down load anything
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-15-2005, 03:28 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I downloaded one song from a different place, but I haven't listened to it yet. Thanks for the info, hide! I'm going to see NIN in May..Can't WAIT!

i think this song is more of a true song with a more traditional structure in comparison to most of trent's stuff. not sure if this one had grohl drumming on it or not. btw its listed as "with teeth" but this song is not titled with teeth or at least i'm so told. you're seeing NIN? SWEET!!!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 03-15-2005, 10:00 AM   #5
Anna1011
USER INFO »
i wonder if my bro knows.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I downloaded one song from a different place, but I haven't listened to it yet. Thanks for the info, hide! I'm going to see NIN in May..Can't WAIT!
my bro has bin trying to sell this soul for a NIN ticket.

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 03-15-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anna1011) i wonder if my bro knows.

my bro has bin trying to sell this soul for a NIN ticket.
HIS NOT THIS
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-15-2005, 02:19 PM   #7
Anna1011
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) HIS NOT THIS
lol i cant spell.

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 03-15-2005, 06:27 PM   #8
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
http://www.neverland.co.nz/index.php?page=down

30 second snippets of each song. So far Ive resisted urge to listen to any of the leaked songs. Rather listen to it when I have the finished product in my hands. The way its meant to be heard
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 03-15-2005, 08:19 PM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) http://www.neverland.co.nz/index.php?page=down

30 second snippets of each song. So far Ive resisted urge to listen to any of the leaked songs. Rather listen to it when I have the finished product in my hands. The way its meant to be heard

this is true but i couldnt' resist the urge to hear a song. i'll buy the album.......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 03-17-2005, 11:58 PM   #10
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i hope they cleaned it up afterwards
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-18-2005, 01:35 AM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anna1011) lol i cant spell.
damn, you got corrected by creedsis, the queen of confusion. that's gotta hurt

Old 03-18-2005, 05:19 AM   #12
Anna1011
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) damn, you got corrected by creedsis, the queen of confusion. that's gotta hurt
lol nah not really

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

find me here
Old 03-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) i think this song is more of a true song with a more traditional structure in comparison to most of trent's stuff. not sure if this one had grohl drumming on it or not. btw its listed as "with teeth" but this song is not titled with teeth or at least i'm so told. you're seeing NIN? SWEET!!!
Yes, the two songs I have heard do seem to be more straight-ahead sounding than past stuff. I also saw a rehearsal video for The Hand That Feeds...Trent was looking buff, I must say. It was a performance-type video. Jeordie White was in it, too!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:50 AM   #14
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
That video is fucking awesome. I love the song, its the only one ive heard so far from new album. Here is direct download link for anyone that wants to see it. Its fucking great!

http://boss.streamos.com/download/in...t_feeds_hi.mov

Below is latest interview with Trent.

Die Rueckkehr: Teil 1
Transcribed by Lydia and John, translated by Justin Ward and drugprfct.
Kym Gnuch of Sonic Seducer

It has now been five years: in fall of 1999 the last work by NIN appeared. The double album "Fragile" was an enticing milestone in the history of rock, just like its predecessor, the 1994 masterwork "The downward spiral." Note: fans of the ingenious Trent Reznor have always had to work on their patience. But now (one can hardly believe it), the dry spell is coming to an end, for on May 8 the legendary master will release a new studio album: it will be called "With Teeth" and will present thirteen new treasures of the high school of industrial songwriting. At the very least, one can confidently assume that – unfortunately I am not yet perfectly certain, since the record company has initially chosen to release only a five track cassette as a sneak preview. But the tape is enough, even if Trent himself, as you'll read, does not really approve of this approach. And this small annoyance shouldn't prevent a first conversation with the industrial wizard. And so I had him on the line—from which he disappeared during my first few questions. Technical difficulties. One has to be patient...

A few minutes later, he's back, and I politely repeat my statement, which of course was about those five tracks. Whereupon Trent Reznor got a little annoyed and expressed his astonishment that the whole album wasn't available; and he asked for the track listing. "Whoever made this song selection did not, in my eyes, necessarily have the best idea. First of all, I find it annoying, that only five of thirteen pieces are presented, because we're talking about an album, that should be seen as a whole. On top of that, these five titles represent the radio-friendly Top Five, which do not contain all of my personal favorites. In other words: you haven't heard the best stuff." Even before I was able to say that I look forward to the near future, he began a long monologue about the production of the work: "The recording process was vastly different from previous productions. I worked outside of a big studio, alone with a four-track recording device and minimal engineering. I started with it only at the beginning of last year—and in May 25 pieces were already finished, much more than I needed. Before I have always started with loops, riffs or sounds and then tried after the fact the to fit a song into the initial structure. This time, the songs were supposed to develop with the melody, the texts or the chord changes: with the essence the songs themselves. Maybe that's not the better way, but that was important for me. These pieces are complete in themselves, they are at the same time individuals, better in my eyes than all the ones I've made in the past—not little parts of a whole. Recently I was asked to select and play a song from 'The Downward Spiral.' I couldn't decide, because the titles on that album really only sound good when you hear them in context. At least, that's what I feel these days. Now it's different: 'With Teeth' is a truly song-based album. As I began the final phase of production, I surprisingly discovered that not much needed to be added to my raw versions. They had developed themselves from only a few elements! Maybe the reason is that I believe I've become more self-confident. I no longer feel the need to hide myself, my voice behind a wall of sound."

How can one explain this growth of self-confidence? Trent briefly paused, before he said: "An important reason is that I have been clean for several years. Up until that point, my life was really in danger of going to hell in a handbasket, as one so nicely says. And there were so unbelievably many things that I was running away from. But regardless of how fast you think you're running—they always catch up to you. I literally faced the decision of changing my life or killing myself, and please believe me, that is no exaggeration. So it took a while until the disk was ready for release, although the actual production phase was the shortest I've ever needed. I simply needed a time out to get a grip on myself as a person and to feel good in my own skin again, to get to know myself again. I worked hard, took this metamorphosis of mine seriously, until finally my head was clear enough again to write music. Besides, I didn't want to take the risk of failing by heading out too soon and possibly discovering that I am a lousy composer. And I was happy to discover that I could also pull off good songs clean, actually, as I think, the best in my life. Finally it disappeared: the feeling of being trapped, of having cotton in my head, of a veil hanging between me and reality. Abilities that had been repressed for years came out. I have had to learn to like myself again, and I think my self-consciousness as an artist grew too. The hiding behind a career or behind a bottle came to an end!"

The magazine then went on to analyse the 5 album tracks previously discussed in the interview...

That(?) Hand That Feeds

In a dramatic, slowly to its highest volume rising intro winds the single of the album, which will be released on 04/11. A radio friendly rock song with a straight beat and characteristic Reznor singing which discharges in a ecstatic chorus at the end.

Every Day Is Exactly The Same

The track starts with with a wonderful dissonant piano before it unexpectetly brakes lose in a grave half-time style. synthetic sounding basslines thud. Unmistakably a typical nin song, right from the first listen. Absolutely following the tradition of the unforgotten Uber-Hits.

Only

Maybe the most surprising track of the collection. A cool funky disco rhythm dominates over noticably simple bass sequences. Even trents way of singing departs from his old image. invites to click your fingers. Is it an attempt to destroy expectations?

Getting Smaller

Begins with beautiful whining noise guitars before it evolves to a fast, aggressive uptemp hit. Followed by a typical chorus which ends up in screaming known from "Heresy" or "Terrible lie".

Right where It belongs

An outstanding, totally infatuating masterpiece of quiet sounds. The listener is accompanied by the limitless depth of a simple piano through various acoustic rooms. One has the feeling of following the protagonist from a busy street to a hall and then a stage to bid him farewall into a gray silence.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:02 AM   #15
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Few more little articles if anyone is interested.

From this week’s issue of Kerrang!
Reznor decided to take a couple of years off to sort himself out after 1999's "The Fragile" and is now preparing himself and his bandmates for the release of their long-awaited fourth album "With Teeth".
"I'm feeling really good about things. Like I have a different brain in my head. I took a couple of years off to find out who I was, to get my shit together. I came out to Los Angeles in January of 04 and the whole album was pretty much written in four months. It just kind of flew out of me. I wrote the basic arrangements and thought I would finesse them when I went back to the studio in New Orleans, but then I found that it didn't need anything else. A lot of the stuff I shit out in the rehearsal room ended up being the final takes. It might be laziness creeping in, but it felt like all I had to say, that I'd expressed it perfectly. I don't feel like I need to hind behind all that stuff any more."

*WARNING*The following text contains SPOILERS*

With Teeth: What's the Score?
Transcribed by Richard Payne
Publication: Kerrang! 2005-03-23
All The Love in the World - Skittering beats, icy synths and a pulsing bassline make for an understated intro, before a mammoth riff kicks in at the 4 minute mark, shattering the calm.
You Know Who You Are - Starts with a pounding drum intro that recalls GnR's "You Could Be Mine". Builds into a clattering industrial cacophony as Trent screams "Dont you fucking know what you are?". Terrifying.
The Collector - Another thunderous drum intro leading into the gargantaun chorus hook "I'm trying not to choke!". An explosive anthem thats up there with the classic "Head like a hole".
The Hand That Feeds - The lead-off single and the most commercial song Reznor has ever writed. Propelled by a fuzzed-up bassline and another magnificent choruse its a guaranteed rock club floor filler.
Love is Not Enough - Builds to a thrilling instrumental conclusion featuring - unusually for Trent - a rising wah-wah lead guitar figure: "I've gone all this way just to end up back at the start"
Every Day is Exactly the Same - More epic melancholy as Trent croons the line "I used to have a voice, now I never make a sound". A stately hymn for depressives everywhere.
With Teeth - Either about sexual obsession or drug addiction, depending on how you read it "She comes on strong, ske makes you feel better than anything you've tried" whispers Trent, before the whole thing explodes in a hail of glorious distortion.
Only - Loose limbed yet intense this upbeat stomp (There is no you, there is only me) boasts an insistant, poppy keyboard line that recalls "Closer"
Getting Smaller - A frantic, blazing eyed howl of despair and self-loathing "I think I'm losing my grip, but I can still make a fist/still got one good arm so I can beat myself up". Clearly age has not blunted Reznor's rage.
Sunsports - Dark, Depeche Mode-style atmospherics as Trent declares a wish to "fuck in fire" just to "spin the ashes round". Disturbing.
The Line Begins to Blur - Another scarily intense track. The bass here is used almost as a percussion instrument with a single fathom-deep bass note pounding like a kick drum throughout the song.
Besides You In Time - The album's most explicitly druggy moment. A beatific synth drone created a mood of ecstatic stillness. At the four minute point Trents redemptive coda (we will never die) arrives like the sun breaking through clouds. Astonishing.
Right Where It Belongs - Over a glacial keyboard backdrop reminiscent of Radioheads "Kid A" Trent sings the heartbreaking line "When you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be?". A desolate masterpiece that will make friends with anyone who loves "Hurt".

Source: www.theNINhotline.net posted 03/23/05 @ 9:54AM

REZNOR'S DRUG STRUGGLE

NINE INCH NAILS frontman TRENT REZNOR became a self-loathing drug abuser following the release of his band's 1994 album THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL.

The eccentric singer began losing his lust for life after Nine Inch Nails finished a gruelling tour, reaching a low point while working with shock rocker MARILYN MANSON on his ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR disc.

Realising he was rapidly losing his grasp on reality, Reznor made the brave decision to quit his hedonistic lifestyle in favour of gaining a fresh perspective.

He says, "I was a terrible addict. With the success of that album, we were on tour for a real long time. It was great, but when the tour ended I went straight into doing the Antichrist Superstar record with Marilyn Manson.

"Pretty soon I realised that I was getting f**ked up a lot, pretty much every day. I was primarily drinking, but with a few drinks in me, if someone suggested getting some cocaine, it would seem like a fantastic idea.

"And it still seemed like a great idea 24 hours later, picking through the grain of the carpet looking for more. But the price wasn't just feeling bad the next day. I was starting to hate myself. I had to get my life in order. I'm feeling really good about things." Posted: March 23, 2005 @ 21:35

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...rug%20struggle

Also nin.com has been updated, check the Current and Access sections. Hes revealed the cover art for With Teeth.