++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-11-2003, 02:37 PM   #1
Samuel
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Christians

How many of you out there believe in your hearts that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and confess with your tongue that Jesus Christ is Lord.Say amen. Amen thats me.Thank you.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:23 PM   #2
Lechium
USER INFO »
I read a book in which it's written thet he died the way you describe it.
I also read a book in which wolf tried to trick a little girl, who was wearing a red hat, by dressing up like her grandma.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:54 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
I also read a book in which wolf tried to trick a little girl, who was wearing a red hat, by dressing up like her grandma.
I hope you like hot places Lech cuz that is where you'll end up with your attitude
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-11-2003, 08:35 PM   #4
Lechium
USER INFO »
I am in SoCali right now and it is pretty hot here, so I had already ended up in a hot place.
And I dont think it will get any hotter just because I dissagree with some old book.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:04 PM   #5
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »

Little Red Riding Hood is a PROVEN work of fiction. It doesn't prove a damn thing, nor does it have any historical significance or views that could be used for anything. I believe in the Bible, I believe that Jesus died for the sins of the world because he was and will be the only one perfect enough to do so. Amazingly, he died for you too, Leech. As well as all the murderers, rapists, liars, thieves, do-gooders, as well as anyone else you can name. Wheather or not the Bible is true, I don't care. I believe it to be true, and don't care what others say. Now, you may believe in Little Red Riding Hood, but I've never heard of scientists finding evidence that backs up that book or the talking wolf.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-11-2003, 10:05 PM   #6
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
Dude, SoCali is AWESOME. it is pretty hot there, but i love it. But the Bible isn't just "some old book". It's a worldwide bestseller of the ages, it's been on top forever. The Bible has been tried to be proven wrong, but that has never succeeded. The Bible itself claims every part of it sound and correct and void if proven wrong.

"What consumes your thoughts controls your life"

BBBBBBBAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:26 PM   #7
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire
Little Red Riding Hood is a PROVEN work of fiction. It doesn't prove a damn thing, nor does it have any historical significance or views that could be used for anything. I believe in the Bible, I believe that Jesus died for the sins of the world because he was and will be the only one perfect enough to do so. Amazingly, he died for you too, Leech. As well as all the murderers, rapists, liars, thieves, do-gooders, as well as anyone else you can name. Wheather or not the Bible is true, I don't care. I believe it to be true, and don't care what others say. Now, you may believe in Little Red Riding Hood, but I've never heard of scientists finding evidence that backs up that book or the talking wolf.

H-D

Well what about Egyptian mythology? It was never proven to be fiction, should I belive it too? Along with other long head religions? I mean they make claims a lot like Bible, and they did do some prohhesies which came true.

BTW who the hell was actually PROVING Little Red Ridign Hood to be fiction? haha

2StrubesGuitar: Quiran (aka Koran) will outsell Bible in near future. Believe it or not. It's hard to belive, but it's true.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:45 PM   #8
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
But it still hasn't outsold it. The Bible has 500 more years of print time on it and there are more christians in the world than muslims.
It will be impossible to outsell it.

Old 06-11-2003, 10:46 PM   #9
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
How will it outsell it then?

Old 06-12-2003, 12:01 AM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
doh...

if you follow the curve on a graphic, thatīs most likely leechium. But thereīs a reason for it: muslins countries are the most populated countries (except for India, China, Russia, USA and Brazil).

They have strict laws, and they procreate more often than Western World.

Itīs not a matter of faith. (Coran outselling Bible)

But...

fact: a Bible is sold every 2 seconds.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:10 AM   #11
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
But it still hasn't outsold it. The Bible has 500 more years of print time on it and there are more christians in the world than muslims.
It will be impossible to outsell it.

Islam is the fastest growing religion.

In Englands there more practicing muslims than Christians.

Think about that for a second. Traditionally Catholic countries like Philippines are moving towards Islam. Musim population is growin in US faster than you think it does. Islam will outnumber Christianty within 50 years, and that's almost a fact.

Surprised? Well it doesnt get much media attention, and most peopel associate muslime world with arab counties, but it's far larger that that. I am from Russia, traditionally very strongly Orthodox country. Islam is growing there like crazy. Hell here is SoCali I know dozens muslims, we even have Islamic Church (what's it called? Masque? not sure of spelling) next to campus.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:49 AM   #12
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Well what about Egyptian mythology? It was never proven to be fiction, should I belive it too? Along with other long head religions? I mean they make claims a lot like Bible, and they did do some prohhesies which came true.

BTW who the hell was actually PROVING Little Red Ridign Hood to be fiction? haha

2StrubesGuitar: Quiran (aka Koran) will outsell Bible in near future. Believe it or not. It's hard to belive, but it's true.

You don't have to "believe" in it as in, claim it as your faith, but I never said it wasn't true. However, LRRH was proved wrong when the author has said it was fiction (meaning fake) and the fact that it is agreed upon by society as a whole, or at least the 99% who believe it is. We have no proof that egyptian mythology is fiction, but at the same time, we don't have proof that it is non-fiction. Society has not agreed upon that like we have LRRH.

In short, if you don't believe in Christianity, I don't care, but you shouldn't bash it. You shouldn't claim things as falseness, or imply falseness, when you don't believe in it. I don't believe in Islamic religion, Catholicism, or Egyptian mythology, but that doesn't mean they are wrong. I don't bash them, but I don't claim them as right at the same time. Kind of like how it is useless for you to post negative stuff about Creed, when you're not a fan yet a member of the board.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-12-2003, 06:50 PM   #13
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
from what I experienced a couple of months ago, yes......
Old 06-13-2003, 11:00 PM   #14
StrubesGuitar
USER INFO »
Lech, u can't have "almost facts" and state them like they are. Christianity started around 30 AD. Islam started about 500 years after that. It's not like the growth of Christianity has stopped either, it is steadily increasing along w/Islam; it's not like it's at a dead stop.

Old 06-13-2003, 11:07 PM   #15
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
<b>Lech, u can't have "almost facts" and state them like they are. Christianity started around 30 AD. Islam started about 500 years after that. It's not like the growth of Christianity has stopped either, it is steadily increasing along w/Islam; it's not like it's at a dead stop. </b>
Thats right Christianity is growing everyday
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot