++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-13-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Heaven on Earth?

I was wondering if you have ever been to a place where you literally felt like you were in heaven on earth? There have been very few places I have felt like this, one of course for me was Alaska. BUT..... the other one is right here in Virginia, I just got home from there. You all have heard me talk about the "Berry Farm" before, well this place is beyond awesome!! It is a farm way out in the country located in the "Northern Neck" of Virginia, nestled in between 2 rivers. It is a berry farm that is acres and acres of lush crops, trees, river views and orchards. They have animals there, horses, sheep, goats etc.. and you can interact witht the animals. ANYWAYS...... What I am getting at is I went there today to pick strawberries, these berries are like no other I have ever picked in my entire life!!!!!! They are huge, they take up almost the entire palm of my hand and they are juicy red the whole way through and sweetest taste ever! I picked 40 pounds of berries today! I am going to make jam etc.... I had a wonderful experience there again, while I was taking care of my grandma 2 weeks ago, she said to me "Are you going to get berries this year" she knows it is a big deal for me. I welled up in tears and said I would not leave her to go there! She said "Don't worry I will be with you there" well....... today I was picking berries I go far away in the field, as far as I can from the other people because that is where the best berries are, next to the river! While I was picking berries the sun was beating down on me and I was happy and then I say this most beautiful butterfly, it was bright blue in color with hints of yellow, I had never seen one so beautiful. That butterfly followed me all over that orchard, now tell me that is not a sign from her! I was so overwhelmed I cried right there in the field! This place is my favorite place to go in the summer, they have a country store, old fashioned porch swings to sit on and it is so peaceful and relaxing there. I truly feel at peace there and I believe that she was there with me today! If you want to see the site here is the website!

www.westmorelandberryfarm.com

Please share your places like this if you have any!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 05-13-2003, 02:20 PM   #2
creedgirl99
USER INFO »
It seems like such a beautiful place....I would love to go there!

That was an awesome story btw!
Old 05-13-2003, 02:35 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Wow Jen That berry farm has an awesome site I used to love going to pick strawberries when I was little and eating more than what was put in the basket:lol: That looks like a nice place!

I think that one of the places I went that was like heaven on earth was going to Santa Barbara California to visit my Grandma. I just loved the palm trees and the beaches My Grandma lived in an apartment over looking the mountains and you had a great view and some awesome sceenery as you looked out her sliding glass doors. Then going to the beach and looking out at the Pacific Ocean. It was just beautiful there!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-13-2003, 03:00 PM   #4
whitebird
USER INFO »
That's beautiful Jen. I think that your Grandmother was there with you in spirit. The beauty that you describe, the sight, sound taste, smell, of a moment in time. It all came together to create a work of art in your memory. A moment just for you, so that you will always remember your Grandmother with such vivid pleasure, you will never forget the gift you received.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:33 PM   #5
Sheila63
USER INFO »
What a wonderful experience you had today, Jen. That berry farm sounds so beautiful. You've brought back some memories of when I was younger and would help my mom make strawberry jam. Gotta love that homemade jam! YUM!!

I totally agree that the butterfly following you was a sign that your grandmother was with you. I'm so glad you felt some happiness today. It sounds like it was a very touching experience for you.

One place that I always feel very spiritual and also is a little piece of heaven here on earth is at the beach in the southern part of Maine. I love to go late in the day when most people have left for the day or early in the morning before everyone gets there. One time while I was on vacation there, I was up early enough to go and see the sun rise. Watching the beauty and magnificence of the sunrise that morning just filled my heart with so much joy and gratitude for the beauty in the world, that I cried. It's an experience I will never forget.

Relearn Love
Old 05-13-2003, 09:27 PM   #6
whitebird
USER INFO »
Sheila-The beach sounds wonderful. Being alone with nature is how I too find my most spiritual moments.

I go to the northern woods of Minnesota. There is a place we camp that is wilderness for as far as the eye can see. The lakes are clean and beautiful and they do not allow jet skis or highpowered motor boats on the water. The quiet of the place is wonderful. At night, when everyone is sleeping, I leave the tent and walk through the area, as the ladies room is down the road. The stars are so bright you don't need a flashlight. I tilt my head up to look at the sky, and I scuff my feet in the dirt to make a slight sound. I make the sound, because I blend in with nature so well in the night, I almost stepped on a skunk one time. That would have proved most embarrassing.

I find the night just as beautiful as the daytime. It forms a balance that soothes my spirit. The starlight, combined with the wonderful scent of the woods, and the feel of the fresh dew as it covers my feet as I walk. That is my heaven on earth.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:53 PM   #7
Lechium
USER INFO »
My friends house when I got high there... really...

Aisde of that a good museum or picture gallery. Nothing beats that for me. Yeah I'm wired but oh well.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:41 AM   #8
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Door County, WI is very peaceful. It's mostly small villages or towns with restaurants and small craft-type stores. Then there's the huge state parks where you can sit by the lake and relax, drive down the narrow roadways and look at nature, or put on some walking shoes and take a long and peaceful hike.

Just north of the Door County, WI penninsula is Washington Island. That's a pretty cool place to go as well. It's an example of the old days... farms, forests, and not much else!

The Louve (spelling?) in Paris, France is awsome. It's the big art museum with the Mona Lisa if you don't know.

The palace at Versaille (spelling?) in France was my favorite part of going to Paris. It just sucks you back into history. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff when I'm not doing computer related stuff. It's amazing to see the buildings, furnature, and artwork that was made back then and then think of the crap we have now!

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-14-2003, 11:46 AM   #9
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah I agree Steve, I LOVE antiques my house is full of them!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 05-14-2003, 12:15 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
On the island of Maui there is a little touristy fishing village called La Haina, which is adorable in itself, but we took a dinner cruise from there one night at sunset and it was the most incredibly beautiful thing to see. The sun setting on the water while dolphins swam up by our boat. A little slice of heaven on earth for me.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 05-14-2003, 12:18 PM   #11
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I love dolphins. That sounds like an absolutely beautiful spot, Teri.

Relearn Love
Old 05-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #12
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh Sheila it was wonderful, then the next day my Mom and I went out from the same port on a whale watch, awesome experience!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 05-14-2003, 01:18 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Steve
The Louve (spelling?) in Paris, France is awsome. It's the big art museum with the Mona Lisa if you don't know.

The palace at Versaille (spelling?) in France was my favorite part of going to Paris. It just sucks you back into history. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff when I'm not doing computer related stuff. It's amazing to see the buildings, furnature, and artwork that was made back then and then think of the crap we have now!

Wow, Steve, I know exactly what you mean about the Palace of Versailles. I went to Paris in high school as part of a school trip and it was awesome. The palace and the Louvre were amazing, and they were my favorites of the trip as well.

Jen, what a beautiful day you had. That's so great. You were so lucky to have such a wonderful grandmother. She will always watch over you.

I'm with Sheila on my heaven on earth. It's the place I can clear my head and get centered. My favorite one is in Rhode Island, and late in the afternoon is my favorite time to go, after everyone has left. And being the night owl I am, I love it at 3 a.m. on a moonlit night. It's friggin spectacular to see the moonlight reflected on the water, feel the light ocean breezes, dig my feet into the sand and just enjoy that oneness of spirit with nature.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:00 PM   #14
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Oh Sheila it was wonderful, then the next day my Mom and I went out from the same port on a whale watch, awesome experience!!

I love whales too, Teri. There's something about them and dolphins that fascinate me. To me, they're intelligent and beautiful. That trip sounds so awesome!!

Glad to see I have a kindred spirit with my love for the ocean, Dogstar. I love being around water regardless if it's a lake or the ocean but I've got to say my favorite is the ocean. I love closing my eyes and just listening to the sound of the ocean. Ahhh, I love it!

Relearn Love
Old 05-14-2003, 07:25 PM   #15
marlsy
USER INFO »
Jen I was just posting about signs from loved ones in the prayer request thread, go read it!! I know that was a sign from your grandmother!!! What an awsome story!!!!!!!!!

My slice of heaven was also on Maui Island......... We stayed in a lil town La Hina but one day we went to the other side of the island where it rains all the time to a place called Hana, OMG now that place is HEAVEN on earth!!!!! It's sooooooooo beautiful!! Green everywhere, waterfalls everywhere, its really really really beautiful, if anyone ever goes to Maui, make Hana a must..... You won't be sorry!!! I would move to Maui in a heart beat if I could.