++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-14-2003, 08:50 PM   #16
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I am also a BIG water person, I love the ocean, lakes etc... I had some awesome experiences in Alaska the day my grandpa died, I was in a canoe and out of no where there was this whale we saw in the distance, it was so beautiful, I just sat there and was mesmerized by it. I got such a warm peaceful feeling come over me it was incredible. That night I called my dad to find out my grandpa died that very afternoon, I believe that was a sign from him as well I never felt so much peace and relaxation as in the waters of Alaska, it was a dream world to me, so much wildlife around me, I will cherish it always!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 05-14-2003, 09:31 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Jen, Alaska would be right behind the beach for me. The river-rafting trip I took in the mountains was incredible. I'm always looking at the pics of that trip because I have such peaceful, beautiful memories of it. I'm so glad I got the chance to go.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:36 PM   #18
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Marlsy, I know that place you are talking about. My best friend went there several years back. We didn't make it on our trip because of time constraints, but she told me how wonderful it was there and our next trip back, Hana is a MUST!!!!!!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 05-15-2003, 11:38 AM   #19
marlsy
USER INFO »
Teri, YOU have to go there next time....... It truly is heaven on earth!!! We went to a place there that has seven waterfalls and seven pools before it drops off into the ocean, we actually swam in one of the pools.... I'm not talking about man made pools, these are natures pools at the bottom of each waterfall, it was so awsome!!
Old 05-15-2003, 11:49 AM   #20
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Alaska and Hawaii are at the top of my list of places to travel too. They sound soooo beautiful. I've got to keep Hana in my when I go to Hawaii. It sounds like a tropical paradise!!

Relearn Love
Old 05-15-2003, 10:02 PM   #21
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Marlsy, that's what my girlfriend said about Hana, about the seven pools and the seven waterfalls. She had nothing but great things to say about it. I definitely want to go there next time.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:11 PM   #22
JenRN
USER INFO »
Hawaii is on my list next for sure! Alaska exceeded my expectations BIG TIME, I WILL go back there again who knows I have always wanted to live in the Pacific North west:idea:

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 05-18-2003, 01:51 AM   #23
souldancer
USER INFO »
I would love to go to Alaska some day! And, Hawaii melts me like Scotts brown eyes. But, I am just grateful for today's visit to Sonoma Coast in Northern California....clear skies with brown pelicans and ospreys; happy, fat, lazy seals families lazily hauled off on the beach lik logs; and the passionate waves crashing on shore...too bad there were gale winds up to 40 mph that drove us all off the beach by early afternoon....! Being near the water, especially, the ocean - helps clear my head, renew my spirit and rehydrate my zest for Living...
Old 05-18-2003, 10:41 PM   #24
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
As some of you have already said Hawaii. Spent three weeks there once. Maui is my favorite island. Can just about find an empty beach. That's what we did noone there. I sat on the beach ,the weather was perfect with just the right breeze and watched the humpback whales breeching from the water for hours. It was the must amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. I sure felt like I was in heaven that day. I was there in February which is a great time to go,and the whales are there mating and migrating around that time. I'm big into whales and dolphins. Saw a couple of those too. Needless to say it was such a beautiful sight I ended up crying.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 05-18-2003, 11:45 PM   #25
marlsy
USER INFO »
wow that's awsome scottsmyman!!!! What an awsome experience!!!!!!!!! I also was at a beach where there was literally NOONE there but who I was with!!! It was soooooo awsome!!
Old 05-19-2003, 06:07 AM   #26
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Kris and Marlsy, when we were in Maui we were sitting by the pool at the restaurant having lunch looking out into the ocean and we watched the whales breeching in and out. I thought we'd have to wait for the whale watch trip, I had no idea we'd be able to see them from the poolside (right next to the beach). What a cool site and what an awesome experience.

Old 05-24-2003, 06:44 PM   #27
alive_in_Jesus
USER INFO »
I have had two of those kinds of experiences.

One was in my bathroom, yeah, I know strange place, but God's presence was soooooo real! I was crying on the bathroom floor b/c I was feeling sooo down and it was AMAZING what God did for me there.

Also, in Colorado last year with my youth group. We were ALL in tears at least on the last night....God is undeniable!