++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-14-2004, 11:42 AM   #16
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
We were talking about the lawsuit post Jooji. Stay on topic.

And posting about the existence of a lawsuit hardly constitues "slander" on the part of the poster.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:45 AM   #17
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
At any rate, the suit is out there. It may not be news some want to hear, and it may not bode well for Stapp. But it's out there. And Steve has chosen to keep the post up. It's his board.

Kim, thank you for discussing this with me in a decent manner.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:57 AM   #18
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) At any rate, the suit is out there. It may not be news some want to hear, and it may not bode well for Stapp. But it's out there. And Steve has chosen to keep the post up. It's his board.

Kim, thank you for discussing this with me in a decent manner.

No prob. Alicia. Perhaps you don't hear more positive news about Stapp because of where you get your "news". I've been hearing many positive things he's been doing lately, including what could be called charity. Representing Lost Keyword Records, who put out the Passion of the Christ cd, Scott presented a donation check for a very large sum to the Malibu Boys and Girls Club in August. God Bless

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 09-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #19
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
You are right! I did see that. Was he presenting on behalf of the record company?

eta: never mind I reread your post and answered my own question. lol

Last edited by RockGoddess : 09-14-2004 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #20
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Charity work the list goes on and on in Miami Stapp attended several charity events over the past year. You need to check all your sources before you make a statement. Personally what is the big deal about getting sued people not just celebrities get sued all the time. So what if he went to rehab he talked about his problems openly in the press and as far as AB anytime there is break up there is going to be two sides to any story because that is how things are going to be seen by each individual party. Stapp has moved on the whole Creed experience and Weather Tour was a bad experience to all he acknowledge that fact in many recent interviews that he made poor decisions and takes the blame. The problems come in when you post the information and make claims that you can't back up and fail to mention that Seven Dust was also getting sued. That speaks volumes in it's self. Like I said before I wish Stapp the best in his life and career.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:46 PM   #21
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: and make claims that you can't back up

The court documents are now available for viewing on Smoking Gun. The only thing I ever claimed was that he was being sued. And whaddya know, he is! Go read for yourself.

And with that I'm out.

Again Kim, thanks for the convo.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #22
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
And just to provide the link for those who do not wish to find it:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...t_stapp_1.html

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 09-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #23
Shadow
USER INFO »
My two cents on the whole subject.

First - IF it is true Scott was in rehab - good for him for wanting to get help. And good for him for knowing he needed it.

The lawsuit - If the reason is what was posted here (Scott not paying a debt) then Jeff Cameron must have written documentation from Scott saying that Scott used Jeff to cover his ass. Now, doesn't that sound silly. Would Scott actually put any of that in writing? I think not.

Sweet should keep her nose out of other peoples business.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I used the "tip toe" phrase because I've seen what can happen over here. And that's precisely what did happen; it became so virulent and volatile that Steve had to close the thread. It was, apparently, beyond the capablity of some to discuss this in a civil manner.

Is this a joke? Steve closed the thread because it was getting out of hand. He did the right thing by closing it. However, I don't think he should have deleted all the posts. But he's the boss. There is no control over on that other board - and you can't tell me that things are "civil" over there. (Oh, wait, you might be right - they are civil because everybody bashes Scott, and worships the Tremonti's ). This topic was over 13 pages last night at that other place - totally ridiculous.

Last edited by Shadow : 09-14-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #24
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Thank you Steve for providing that link. Like I said before what is the big deal $60,000 is nothing Stapp and it is understandable that he went to rehab because I'm sure he became dependent on pain killers. It is so sad to me that anything regarding Stapp is taken way out of control and turned so negative. Rock on Stapp.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:28 PM   #25
sweetrelief
USER INFO »
"Sweet should keep her nose out of other peoples business."

why is reporting news that is public record other people's business but google searching and emailing anyone and everyone for information about an individual that is not public record considered not an invasion of that person's privacy?
Old 09-14-2004, 01:49 PM   #26
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hey Frankie - are you the same "Frankie" as the big poster on PBF? Is so you problably know me as a big problem!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-14-2004, 01:52 PM   #27
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by sweetrelief) "Sweet should keep her nose out of other peoples business."

why is reporting news that is public record other people's business but google searching and emailing anyone and everyone for information about an individual that is not public record considered not an invasion of that person's privacy?

It may all be an invasion of privacy but the difference is in this case...an employee of a lawyer firm has no right to post items that they see at their office on a public message board. It's un-ethical! Can you honestly say your boss would have no problem with it?
Old 09-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #28
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) It may all be an invasion of privacy but the difference is in this case...an employee of a lawyer firm has no right to post items that they see at their office on a public message board. It's un-ethical! Can you honestly say your boss would have no problem with it?
Thank you for responding for me. I wouldn't have been as kind as you are. So, let's just leave it at that.

Sweet, Let's find out what the law firm thinks about you posting information on BB's. You never know who you are dealing with. And do you actually think that it's right to show up at the court house just so you can run and put all the news onto a BB? Something is just not right with that picture.

Last edited by Shadow : 09-14-2004 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:09 PM   #29
sweetrelief
USER INFO »
ya'all keep missing the point. I did not see the information because I work for a law firm. It is public record, pubished in the newspaper and in legal advisories that are available to anyone who wishes to read them. A lot of people do who are not involved in the legal community. None of the parties involved have anything to do or in any way represented by my law firm with regard to this action. The lawyers here would get a good laugh out of it to think anyone would think public record should not be accessible to the public . . they use that resource all the time. How much clearer can it be.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:13 PM   #30
sweetrelief
USER INFO »
I think you have me mixed up with someone, I have never "shown up" at the Courthouse . . my job takes me to the Courthouse.