++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 10-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #76
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) poly sci major, history minor here lol

Hahahahaha... almost two of a kind. What year are you in school?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:53 PM   #77
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You know, I have never disliked any of your posts... at all. It's just nice having intelligent and stimulating conversations/debates with people who are actually interested in the same fields as I am.

Same here
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-22-2005, 12:54 AM   #78
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) so...its related to the high school, not to the college? Is it?
Because I m graduate by College and also have one specialization in contemporary history
no, it's related to college. some majors have a degree with a specialization, others don't. some majors are considered "comprehensive," in that, at least at my school, you take something like 63 hrs for the major, and you don't have a minor (instead of 45+18). but, yeah, it's a college thing. i suppose specialization & major are just 2 different words for the same thing

Old 10-22-2005, 12:58 AM   #79
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Hahahahaha... almost two of a kind. What year are you in school?
I'm a Junior though, if I'm counting my hours correctly, I'll be a senior (or perhaps 1 hour away from it) in the Spring semester. I'm pretty excited that I'm ahead of schedule. I've only got 6 poly sci classes and 2 history classes to take over the next 3 semesters, so that could free up some time to do a semester internship & still graduate in 4 years (give or take a summer class or two, if need be). Of course, I've still got 2 general education requirements to fulfill: 1 of which is a natural/applied science (I'm either going to take physics or astronomy, and prolly this coming summer, so the lab and lecture, which are scheduled separately, don't conflict with any of my poly sci or history classes). The other class is called a "Capstone" course, which basically fulfills the "public affairs mission" of this schools, preferably in your senior year.

Old 10-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #80
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Bush 'Defining moment' ...

See this:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4382464.stm

Do you agree with that, I mean is this Bush 'defining moment'? Do you notice american people (common people---like parents, neighbors, teachers etc...)taking their support off for Bush governement? Can you see/feel this?

Just curious...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 10-27-2005, 08:03 PM   #81
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
No. I am a conservervative so the last place to look for our opinions is any major media publication. We did not approve of his choice because she is unknown. We want an advocate for the Constitution, not a liberal that will create law from the bench just to be popular with the social mood of the day. We want a conservative Supreme Court justice nominated, what's wrong with that? When Clinton was President there were NO demands that he pick a "centrist" nominee. If you want HONEST insight on concervative positions visit RushLimbaugh.com <I am proud of my core beliefs and they are not a matter open for debate. However just the mention of RUSH will upset some so they are free engage in name calling. I will be sooooooo shocked!

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-28-2005, 01:37 AM   #82
RMadd
USER INFO »
ummm, yeah, i guess so... i include myself among those who have retracted support from him in recent months. i think his nomination of Miers (of which the article you have linked speaks) was downright boneheaded, and not merely because I consider myself somewhat a neocon (in terms of my views of morality, etc). I really could care less about that. She just wasn't a good choice b/c, as has been pointed out so often, the nomination reeks of cronyism. She had no experience as a judge, and had served as Bush's personal lawyer back in the day. What the fuck is he thinking? Eschewing his strongest base of support by nominating someone too moderate, and further distancing himself from most normal Americans by choosing someone with no experience. I used to think he (and, more importantly, those close to him in his administration) were brilliant strategians in that they were able to put positive spin on lots of things and maintain support among his key segments without alienating too many, but this latest fiasco seems to prove that perhaps Karl Rove and all aren't quite so in control as I'd previously thought.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:35 AM   #83
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Oh yeah support. I'm still supporting the President. Well, 80% support - Washington Republicans are wimps. I don't know why they're afraid to fight(politicaly), Democrats aren't.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-28-2005, 07:09 AM   #84
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i missed this point in my first reply to this quote...

so, we're going to assume Sweden's espionage documents have been declassified? And Swedes, therefore, have access to these documents. Now, wouldn't American scholars and, indeed, American citizens too have access to this once-privied information? Or is there some goofy rule in Sweden that says declassified info can only be used by Swedes (a rule which would be very very difficult to enforce if, in fact, it did exist).

No RMadd... There is no such rule in swedish law... On the other hand you would have more torubble getting these documents for they are in sweden right? Shure we can ship it but if the American gov found out I would be band, you would have the hole FBI checking you up and so on and so on... Right? (This is all hypothetickal! )
Old 10-28-2005, 04:44 PM   #85
RMadd
USER INFO »
why would the FBI check on me if I'm reading declassified Swedish documents? first off, they're declassified, so even if the FBI doesn't like it, I, and everyone else, still has a right to read them. second, they're Swedish, so it's not like I'm reading declassified Iranian or Saudi intelligence. third, once declassified, I'm sure, if there's anything important, authors, scholars, and the like would rush to read, assess, and critically analyze these documents. the Swedish government might also make these documents available electronically (i.e. on the internet, or in some database that can be accessed). as such, you would not be my only means of accessing the information in said documents if I so desired.

Old 10-29-2005, 10:54 AM   #86
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Yes, the Miers nomination was a joke... Basically I second almost everything RMadd said about her...
Old 11-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #87
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Bush in South America

See this : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9904968/

Opinions here?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )