++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
austin.
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Any setlist predictions for upcoming tour?

I don't really have a setlist that I personally think they'll play, but the key songs I'd like to be played are:
What If
Higher
My Own Prison
Torn (Croud can sing along with this one pretty good)

And, I want them to do a cover of BEAT IT by Michael Jackson
________
Bolivian Cooking

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
skyguy86
USER INFO »
Re: Any setlist predictions for upcoming tour?

haha agree with the first 4, highly doubt the last one lol. Can u imagine Scott trying to pull of Michael's signature "HEEEEHHEEE" or "WOOOHOOO"? lol no doubt Mark would make Eddie Van Halen proud at the solo, but Stapp can't sing Michael Jackson lol
Old 07-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by austin.) I don't really have a setlist that I personally think they'll play, but the key songs I'd like to be played are:
What If
Higher
My Own Prison
Torn (Croud can sing along with this one pretty good)

And, I want them to do a cover of BEAT IT by Michael Jackson

I'm thinking they will play most of the songs off the greatest hits (minus maybe Hide or Don't Stop Dancing), plus the new stuff.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
austin.
USER INFO »

Please, please, please DON'T play Don't stop dancing. I listened to that song alot when I was like...8 or so.

I wanna hear Faceless man.
________
Ford Sapphire Specifications

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
in reality
USER INFO »

I'd like Don't Stop Dancing, that one would work well. Along with Weathered, Hide, MOP, Torn, and My Sacrifice. I hope we get to hear Criminal again. Plus all the new songs.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
MatthewCullen
USER INFO »

There's a thread very similar to this on the ABB.net forums. So, here's what I said I'd love to see:

Quote: (Originally Posted by AbareKiller) Okay, so I saw them on the Weathered tour 7 years ago and it was one of the most amazing nights of my life. Therefore, I'm going to list a 20-22 song set list that starts out almost exactly like the way they started on the Weathered Tour - minus Signs. It's a good song, but not one of their best. Don't really care to hear it at the concert.

1. Bullets
2. Freedom Fighter
3. What If
4. Say I
5. Faceless Man
6. Wash Away Those Years
7. Pity For A Dime
8. Are You Ready?
9. Unforgiven
10. My Own Prison
11. Wrong Way
12. Torn
13. Ode
14. Who's Got My Back?
15. One Last Breath
16. Don't Stop Dancing
17. What's This Life For
18. Is This The End

----

19. Lullaby
20. My Sacrifice
21. With Arms Wide Open (WITH STRINGS - SOMEHOW!!!!!! Evanescence did it. Creed can too.)
22. Higher

I only put Higher on there because I know there's no way getting around it being in the show. It's still a great song, but it's overplayed. I've just heard it too much. But, it was their biggest hit, probably, so it will most likely close the show.

I would also love to see the other cut tracks like Young Grow Old, Bound and Tied, I'm Eighteen and To Whom It May Concern, but those were what I would put into a 22 song set list. I know they've probably never done Lullaby live, but it's one of my favorite songs of theirs. I think that'd be a great way to come back for the Encore - with just Scott and Mark. Then, bring the rest of the guys out.

*EDIT OUT PART ABOUT GOING TO CHARLOTTE SHOW*

I really hope that they don't play too much off the new album. Perhaps two or three songs. I just really want to hear the old stuff more. I just realized today that I've been into Creed for 10 years now. They were my favorite band for about 4 years...then Evanescence took over for a year, then it was back to Creed...until Alter Bridge came around. I haven't been able to make it to an AB show yet...but I will definitely try my best after this Reunion stuff is over with.

I hope this is just a "one and done" thing. I don't want to see Creed reunite forever. Alter Bridge is too good! I'm sure the guys (Mark, Brian and Flip), realize that.

Here's hoping they FINALLY get to do a Creed Live DVD during this tour! All Creed fans have been waiting for that for at least 9 years. It's about time one is made. I know we got a few live videos on the "Greatest Hits" CD/DVD combo, but I'm talking about a full set list. What better show to film than a reunion/farewell tour?

That being said, I'll add that of the two or three new songs, I'd want to see the new single, of course, and then one or two songs that illustrate how different this album is supposed to be from the others.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
BSC
USER INFO »

I don't really know what a Creed setlist consisted of, because I wasn't a fan when they were around..

I just hope they make it real heavy, maybe Stapp could sing an Alter Bridge song? Or he could do some solo stuff?
Old 07-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
MatthewCullen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) I don't really know what a Creed setlist consisted of, because I wasn't a fan when they were around..

I just hope they make it real heavy, maybe Stapp could sing an Alter Bridge song? Or he could do some solo stuff?

Absolutely NOT! I don't want to hear any Stapp solo stuff because that's not Creed. That's one of the reasons I don't want to hear any Alter Bridge, but I also don't want to hear it at this show because Scott is nowhere near the singer Myles is. Scott could not handle ANY Alter Bridge song. His range is not wide enough. The guys know this and know that it would be a bastardization of everything they've worked for to butcher an Alter Bridge song by letting Scott sing it live.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
alitea
USER INFO »

I think that Scott has a great voice. He has plenty of range. I love Scott and Myles. They are both incredible singers.

For the tour I really would love to hear Bound and Tide, Bullets, What If, Torn, Hide and Freedom Fighter. Of course I want new stuff. I cannot wait to hear the new stuff.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #10
skyguy86
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by alitea) I think that Scott has a great voice. He has plenty of range. I love Scott and Myles. They are both incredible singers.

agreed. people need to stop trying to compare the two men and just submit that they are both amazing and produce great music. end of story.

Last edited by skyguy86 : 07-16-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
Creed24
USER INFO »

Nobody wants to hear One? That song was awesome live!