++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott Stapp and MLB?

Well, I was over at PBF and just saw this:

----------------
Wind-up Records, Scott Stapp and MLB.com Announce "Best Records" Campaign to Run on November 17, 2005 Through January 15, 2006
November 7 2005
Exclusive performances will be offered on the MLB website, alongside a fly-away contest, audio / video streams, and pre-order campaign. The former Creed front man’s solo debut is titled The Great Divide and will be released on November 22nd.

New York --- Wind-up Records, Grammy Award winner Scott Stapp and Major League Baseball Advanced Media have announced that Scott Stapp’s solo debut The Great Divide will be featured as part of MLB.com’s “Best Records" campaign. The promotion will run on November 17 , 2005 through January 15, 2006. Stapp recently recorded an exclusive audio/video acoustic performance consisting of his new single and a second song from the debut at MLB.com’s unique, state of the art studios in New York City. The two songs will to be featured on MLB.com, the league site, alongside an interview with the musician. Additionally, a fly-away sweepstakes will be offered wherein a grand prize winner will be awarded the opportunity to select from a list of four U.S. cities and then travel to see Stapp on his upcoming The Great Divide 2006 spring tour.

Numerous songs from The Great Divide album will be featured on MLB.com. Any individual who visits MLB.com and or Scottstapp.mlb.com during the promotion period can access this material. Fans who pre-order the album on the site will be directed to a secure web page where access to five full-length streams from The Great Divide album can be located.

Scott Stapp has had a long relationship with Major League Baseball. Over the years, he has participated in numerous events, culminating with a performance of “God Bless America" at the 2004last year’s World Series. Stapp offered, “Last year I had the opportunity of singing at the fourth game of the World Series when the Boston Red Sox won the championship. That was an incredibly powerful experience for me and I am thrilled to continue my close relationship with Major League Baseball."

Wind-up Records Chief Operating Officer Ed Vetri commented, “Wind-up has always valued Major League Baseball and MLB.com as partners, and when presented with the roll out for Scott’s record there are few better ways to reach his fans. The opportunity to bring a musical element to their domain makes this a home run. MLB.com is one of the leaders in the new media space, and having Scott’s new album featured on mlb.com provides a winning combination for Scott Stapp, Major League Baseball and their millions of fans."

Dinn Mann, senior vice president and editor-in-chief of MLB Advanced Media Commented, "Baseball is close to Scott Stapp’s heart and we are delighted and pleased to support his long awaited and highly anticipated solo debut."
------------

I have to say, I think this is a good move on Wind-Up's part. There's definitely a connection between Stapp and MLB(the World Series last year, for instance) and this will give Stapp's album some good promotion on television. I honestly think that if WU wants the CD to be successful, they need to put Stapp and his music all over the place. Not just on MLB and Nascar, but also on other forms of entertainment, like the WWE(WWE have been known to use Creed/Alter Bridge songs, so it's a natural fit). Also, they definitely need to put him on late night TV and have him promote the album.

But does anyone else find it ironic that MLB has used both Stapp and AB in the past year? Stapp at the World Series, AB at the HR Derby; Mark at the blog part of MLB.com, Stapp with some exclusive online performances. It seems pretty funny, in a way.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i find it funny that ab presented windup with the idea of doing something for nascar...they give stapp that nascar awards show thing.

ab did the HR derby and mark has his mlb blog...stapp now has this mlb thing.

ab did the wwe thing...i hope they don't give stapp some wwe thing...otherwise it's fucked up in my opinion.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
You just about KNOW WU will give Stapp a WWE thing. WU probably knows Fight Song would be the perfect choice for a WWE PPV theme song and so does the WWE. I agree, it is pretty messed up, but I would not be shocked if I was watching Raw one week and saw "thanks to Scott Stapp for providing us with this awesome theme song for *insert PPV name*" Nothing about WU or Stapp surprises me anymore. I just find this whole thing to be pretty ironic.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
Creed7352
USER INFO »
oh i agree...it wouldn't surprise me either...in fact, i was waiting for it...lol
Old 11-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Hmm, well, WWE Survivor Series is Nov. 27th(ironically, it is in Detroit this year) and Stapp's album drops 5 days before.....so WWE could very well use Fight Song or another song(maybe Hard Way?) as the SS theme song. It wouldn't surprise me, as they used Shinedown's "Save Me" for their October PPV and Shinedown's CD had only come out maybe a week or two before that.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
yeah, AB also did that Tracks that Rock or whatever on Sunday Night Baseball, I believe, back when OYE first came out.... or maybe it was a few months after? I don't remember when...

Old 11-09-2005, 10:30 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Stapp needs all the help he can get. SOAD's new album and the new XBOX 360 hit stores on the same day...

ETA: I mean that speaking of short term sales and immediate results. I'm thinking he'll climb later on charts.

Last edited by Bridge of Clay : 11-09-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
i'm sure he'll be alright... i know i'm going to be getting both Stapp & SoaD on (or around) that day (Xbox 360 will prolly have to wait 'til it's cheaper)

Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #9
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) yeah, AB also did that Tracks that Rock or whatever on Sunday Night Baseball, I believe, back when OYE first came out.... or maybe it was a few months after? I don't remember when...

I believe they did that on Opening Night this season. ESPN's Baseball Tonight had a feature on them(talking about the Boston thing) and used OYE. Then, a few months later, OYE was performed live at the Derby. So there's a good connection between MLB and AB.

As for Stapp needing all the promotion he can get, I do agree. If WU wants this album to sell well despite competing with SOAD and the 360, he'll need a good amount of promotion. The Nascar and MLB things are a step in the right direction; however, I'd also like to see commercials aired on various network channels, as well as some appearances on late night television(Leno/Kimmel/Letterman) and maybe even an appearance morning show like Good Morning America, Today or Live With Regis. You know, he just needs to hit as many shows as possible and get the word out that he has a new CD coming out soon. If WU does that, I can see the album selling really well.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #10
stappissohot
USER INFO »
from November 17 huh....that's my birthday! What a birthday present, lol.... I think this is good....MLB.com....ok then....and all of you need to stop whining for one second and get over it
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:02 PM   #11
Creed7352
USER INFO »
we're not whining and what is it we need to get over? we're just reporting our speculations.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:35 PM   #12
Faceless_Man
Banned
USER INFO »
You are whining. You're upset/jealous b/c Stapp has promotion ties with MLB??? You think Falterbridge is the only band that can do this? I hope I never hear any of you AB fans say again that lack of promotion for AB's debut album caused a shortage in sales. lol. WWE? MLB? That's not promotion? Make all the excuses you want. Falterbridge didnt deliver. Stapp will. Talk to me again when the record sales for Stapp's debut are in. We'll compare that to AB's debut. But, I bet then there would be another excuse, right? And dont use the "p2p file sharing" excuse. Weathered was released while p2p was booming also. How did it do? Here's a formula for you to study and understand(pop quiz tomorrow)....

Stapp - Creed exiles + oppurtunity to go his own route w/o consultation = SUCCESS

Creed exiles - Stapp + Whiney Myles = Well, I don't know what you call it, but for now the answer will be "SUX"
Old 11-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #13
RMadd
USER INFO »
I actually reviewed Creed7352's posts, and it doesn't appear to be whining to me. he/she was merely pointing out the common bond that AB & Stapp now possess in getting airtime thru MLB. I'd say you're reading into it a bit too much Faceless_Man.
Weathered was largely negatively reviewed, so I can only guess that so many people bought it b/c they loved HC and were expecting much of the same. After all, something like 1 million bought it in the first month or so... then only 5 million thereafter.
Likewise, I think someone's a bit pissy, has a chip on his shoulder, and is looking to stir up shit intentionally. 2 posts from 2 new members using the term "Falterbridge" after never having heard it on here previously... are you guys from PBF, or what?

Old 11-11-2005, 01:38 AM   #14
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Well, I was over at PBF and just saw this:

----------------
Wind-up Records, Scott Stapp and MLB.com Announce "Best Records" Campaign to Run on November 17, 2005 Through January 15, 2006
November 7 2005
Exclusive performances will be offered on the MLB website, alongside a fly-away contest, audio / video streams, and pre-order campaign. The former Creed front man’s solo debut is titled The Great Divide and will be released on November 22nd.

New York --- Wind-up Records, Grammy Award winner Scott Stapp and Major League Baseball Advanced Media have announced that Scott Stapp’s solo debut The Great Divide will be featured as part of MLB.com’s “Best Records" campaign. The promotion will run on November 17 , 2005 through January 15, 2006. Stapp recently recorded an exclusive audio/video acoustic performance consisting of his new single and a second song from the debut at MLB.com’s unique, state of the art studios in New York City. The two songs will to be featured on MLB.com, the league site, alongside an interview with the musician. Additionally, a fly-away sweepstakes will be offered wherein a grand prize winner will be awarded the opportunity to select from a list of four U.S. cities and then travel to see Stapp on his upcoming The Great Divide 2006 spring tour.

Numerous songs from The Great Divide album will be featured on MLB.com. Any individual who visits MLB.com and or Scottstapp.mlb.com during the promotion period can access this material. Fans who pre-order the album on the site will be directed to a secure web page where access to five full-length streams from The Great Divide album can be located.

Scott Stapp has had a long relationship with Major League Baseball. Over the years, he has participated in numerous events, culminating with a performance of “God Bless America" at the 2004last year’s World Series. Stapp offered, “Last year I had the opportunity of singing at the fourth game of the World Series when the Boston Red Sox won the championship. That was an incredibly powerful experience for me and I am thrilled to continue my close relationship with Major League Baseball."

Wind-up Records Chief Operating Officer Ed Vetri commented, “Wind-up has always valued Major League Baseball and MLB.com as partners, and when presented with the roll out for Scott’s record there are few better ways to reach his fans. The opportunity to bring a musical element to their domain makes this a home run. MLB.com is one of the leaders in the new media space, and having Scott’s new album featured on mlb.com provides a winning combination for Scott Stapp, Major League Baseball and their millions of fans."

Dinn Mann, senior vice president and editor-in-chief of MLB Advanced Media Commented, "Baseball is close to Scott Stapp’s heart and we are delighted and pleased to support his long awaited and highly anticipated solo debut."
------------

I have to say, I think this is a good move on Wind-Up's part. There's definitely a connection between Stapp and MLB(the World Series last year, for instance) and this will give Stapp's album some good promotion on television. I honestly think that if WU wants the CD to be successful, they need to put Stapp and his music all over the place. Not just on MLB and Nascar, but also on other forms of entertainment, like the WWE(WWE have been known to use Creed/Alter Bridge songs, so it's a natural fit). Also, they definitely need to put him on late night TV and have him promote the album.

But does anyone else find it ironic that MLB has used both Stapp and AB in the past year? Stapp at the World Series, AB at the HR Derby; Mark at the blog part of MLB.com, Stapp with some exclusive online performances. It seems pretty funny, in a way.

Maybe they just like the guys from Creed. Anyway, I think this great and will work out well for everyone.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:46 AM   #15
Creed7352
USER INFO »
stapp's sticking to radio safe songs...ab didn't. they wrote what came out and what they enjoy playing. one or two of their songs may sound like they're radio safe, but that's cause they didn't want to alienate the creed fans. the next album will be much better because it'll be a representation of alter bridge as a collective as opposed to mark having most of, if not all, the songs already written before myles and brian joined up with him and flip.

thank you rmadd.