++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-29-2004, 02:26 PM   #1
guitarsage21
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to guitarsage21 Send a message via Yahoo to guitarsage21
Similarities

I don't mean to knock Alter Bridge or say that they are trying to be like they used to be with Scott, but i've listen to some of their songs and it might be just me, but doesn't Alter Bridge's singer sound a hell of a lot like Scott Stapp? Somebody tell me I'm not hearing things....or am I?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
old argument, however, one can hear that Myles has a higher pitched voice than Scott. Scott has a lot more power and bass in his voice (as well as a different accent).

Myles sings tenor and Scott sings baritone.

Excuse the analogy, die-hards, but comparing Myles to Scott is like saying Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder sound the same.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
...sorry...but i think you're hearing things.

I'm not a fan of AB's or their music...but i do know what i hear/heard when i did give them a chance...Myles is a good singer in his own right...sounds a lot like VERY EARLY CHRIS CORNELL if one must compair his vocalizations to anyone...from the same part of the country and all...ya know?

BTW...don't ever feel just because you are asking a question about Alter Bridge or their members that you are causing trouble...legitimate questions deserve to be asked...AB is not perfection...despite what some people think...
Old 12-29-2004, 03:37 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
nor is Stapp... despite what you think. lol
Old 12-29-2004, 03:43 PM   #5
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
ditto to the early cornell thing, and ditto to marcos as well....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-29-2004, 04:25 PM   #6
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Yea I don't know how you can say Myles sounds like Scott Stapp. They have totally different sounding voices. Myles sounds exactly like Cornell at the end of Find The Real - it's almost freaky!

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-29-2004, 04:41 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) ditto to the early cornell thing, and ditto to marcos as well....
Right on.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:09 PM   #8
titan9
USER INFO »
Myles doesn't sound anything like Stapp, at least not to me. I think that's what jumped out at me first. And I think that's what made me not like AB that much at first(of course, things have changed) Myles has more range than Stapp.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-29-2004, 11:00 PM   #9
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: nor is Stapp... despite what you think. lol

....i truely doubt that anyone on the bb's, REALLY knows what i think, marcos...they only THINK they do...

but i'll let you and the rest in on a little secret...stapp is only human...and human's are not perfect..but guess what...that doesn't mean i have to judge him or anyone else...
Old 12-30-2004, 01:35 AM   #10
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
i have put chris cornell on a pedastle. he is as close to a rock god as there has ever been or ever will be, period. no amount of evidence or anything else will ever prove otherwise to me. but. im not an idiot. i know that when he does bad things, its not a lack in judgemnet, or a simple mistake, or a misunderstanding. its a bad thing that he has done. he smokes, and i still hate that about him, yet he remains on my pedastle. i wont blindy defend him when people bring that up, i generally agree with them, yes, he needs to stop. if he were to get in a barfight, i would think less of him for it. if anyone i knew got into a barfight, i would think less of them. its not that we expect stapp to be so much better, we dont. even the people i hold on pedastles, i realize are humans. no one is perfect. commenting on such, noticing such, making statements about such, merely reminds people that these people in show business ARE just human, and does keep people from making these huge pedastles of perfection. this is where i disagree with a lot of people about Stapp. there is a difference from admiring a person, and putting them on a pedastle in that way, and picturing them godlike, and inhuman, or merely ignoring their acts that prove themselves as such.

i dont have to judge the grass to know its green.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 12-30-2004, 09:03 PM   #11
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Chris Cornell and Myles have similarites but they are really different. Myles is very smooth compared to Cornell, but Cornell screams and goes higher in range. I can really tell the difference between the two, so saying they sound alike in songs is really sketchy. I am a die hard soundgarden/Audioslave fan so telling the differences are easy for me.

I am also a real big myles fan, but i like Cornell's voice in his early days better than Myle's. The whole screaming thing is cool to me, which fits in with the grunge movement.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:06 PM   #12
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) ....i truely doubt that anyone on the bb's, REALLY knows what i think, marcos...they only THINK they do...

but i'll let you and the rest in on a little secret...stapp is only human...and human's are not perfect..but guess what...that doesn't mean i have to judge him or anyone else...

Except people can train their voice to stay stong for longer than 2 albums......
Old 12-31-2004, 10:56 AM   #13
guitarsage21
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to guitarsage21 Send a message via Yahoo to guitarsage21
Ok Ok Point taken

I see where you're all coming from, and.....that's about all I can say for that one. I Still think they sound some what alike, but in the prevention of my head being loped off I shall conced my coments
Old 12-31-2004, 11:04 AM   #14
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
well, I don't think that Myles sounds any more like Stapp than Robert Plant sounds like Jim Morrison...completely different types of vocalists...
Old 01-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #15
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) ...sorry...but i think you're hearing things.

I'm not a fan of AB's or their music...but i do know what i hear/heard when i did give them a chance...Myles is a good singer in his own right...sounds a lot like VERY EARLY CHRIS CORNELL if one must compair his vocalizations to anyone...from the same part of the country and all...ya know?

BTW...don't ever feel just because you are asking a question about Alter Bridge or their members that you are causing trouble...legitimate questions deserve to be asked...AB is not perfection...despite what some people think...

BLASPHEMER! Alter Bridge is as close to perfection as you can get...

But anyway, the two sound nothing alike excetp MAYBE sorta kinda not really on Open Your Eyes. If you WANT to hear similarities on that song you will. But other than that, they don't really sound alike at all, especially when Myles does his best stuff, like Find the real, where he goes extremely high and low.