++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #1561
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

February 27th

"Live wisely."

22:3... Interestingly, this proverb expects that dangerous situations will arise in our lives. If these situations are indeed inevitable, then we should plan a course of action. For some people taking action means devising endless preventative measures. Still others feel that taking precautions implies that they are not living in faith. Neither of these solutions displays a balanced trust in God.

We must examine where our confidence lies. Are we really trusting in God? Trusting does not mean that we should purposely step into pitfalls. If we see ourselves heading for danger, we can take precautions to avoid the situation. We lack faith when we feel that we alone possess the strength to conquer any temptation. Humbly anticipating our weaknesses will allow us to bypass harsh consequences.

A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

Proverbs 22:3

Heaven

Old 03-01-2007, 06:23 AM   #1562
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 1st

"When darkness comes."

The Word of God can be a powerful source of comfort for us. In time of danger and dread, the Lord will come close to us, to comfort and protect us. Rest in the Lord, and He will save you.

Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalm 22:21

Heaven

Old 03-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #1563
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Im Saling Right On Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER, GLORY TO GOD, HE WILL LAY DOWN, GLORYYYYYYYYYYY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYY GLORY Love Ya Hev, DELIVER MY SOUL FROM THE SWORDm my darling from the power of the dog, save me from the lions mouth FOR THOU HAS HEARD ME, FROM THE HORNS OF THE UNICORNS, what a beautiful place that has no messaure therof THE HEAVENS ABOVE THE HEAVENS, GLORY GLORY,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #1564
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Delight In The Will Of God.

I WAITED, patiently for the lord and he inclined unto me and heared my cry he brought me up also out of an horrbile pit out of the miry clay and set my feet upon rock and established my goings and he hath put a new song in my mouth EVEN PRAISE UNTO OUR GOD many shall see it and fear and shall trust in the lord Blessed Is The Man That TRUST IN GOD And Respects Not The Proud NOR SUCH AS TURN ASIDE TO LIES,MANY OH LORD ARE THY WONDERFUL WORKS, which thou hast done and thy thoughts which are to usward THEY CANNOT BE RECKONED IN ORDERRRRRRRRRRRR, Unto The GOD PRECIOUS ALMIGHTY, If I Would Declare Theme And Speak Of Theme They Are More Than Can Be Numbered Sacrafice And Offerings thou did not desire mine ears hast thou opend burnt offering and sin ofering hast thou not required then said i lo i come in the voulme of the book it is written of me, i delight to do thy will oh my God yea thy lawe is within my heart i have preached righteousness in the great congragation lo i have not refrained my lips O Lord THO KNOWEST i have not hid thy righteousness WITHIN MY HEART I have declared my faithfullness and thy salvation i have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation without hold not thine tender mercies from O Lord Let Thy Truth Loving Kindness Continually Preserve Me For Innumerable evils have compassed me about mine inquites have taken hold upon me so that im not able to look up,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #1565
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Glory Glory!!!!

Gives Us The Truth Now*** they are more than the numbers of hair on my head therefore my heart surley faileth me be pleased oh lord to deliver me oh lord make haste to help me, LET THEME BE ASHAMED AND CONFOUNDED TOGETHER THAT SEEK AFTER MY SOUL TO DESTROY IT LET THEME BE DRIVEN BACKWARD AND PUT TO SHAME THEME THAT WISH ME EVIL, LET THEME Be Deswolaste For Reward Of Their Shame That Say Unto Me AHA AHAAAA, LET ALL THOSE THAT SEEK THEE REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN THEE LET SUCH AS LOVE THY SALVATION SAY CONTINULALLY THE LORD BE MAGNIFIED BUT, Iam Poor And Needy Yet THE LORD THINKETH UPON ME THOU ART MY HELP AND MY DELIVERER MAKE NO TARRYING , Oh My God, Psalm 40
Old 03-02-2007, 06:29 AM   #1566
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 2nd

"Pure gold."

How we long for this to be our true confession. We are not yet gold, but long to be. We are not yet fully following his steps, but are trying. We have tried not to turn aside, but we sometimes falter. Thank God for his grace until our intentions and desires are fulfilled!

He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.

Job 23:10-11

Heaven

Old 03-04-2007, 07:25 AM   #1567
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 4th

"Created in God's image?"

What does that mean? Why does an artist paint, a musician play, or an author write? Because they are overflowing with ideas and must express them. Creativity is the overflow of a full heart and mind. But sometimes we're empty or full of the wrong material. How can we be full of the beauty that will spill out in wonderful visions, sounds, words and movements? Take time to know God the author of all creativity. Take time to soak up all that is beautiful. Take time to think. As your inner wells fill up, you can be sure that the creativity will soon be flowing out of your life in productive ways.

My heart overflows with a beautiful thought! I will recite a lovely poem to the king, for my tongue is like the pen of a skillful poet.

Psalm 45:1

Heaven

Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 AM   #1568
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 5th

"Credit where credit is due..."

A man stood on the crest of a hill silently admiring the lunar eclipse. As the colors came to a brilliant red crescendo, he suddenly shouted, "Way to go, God. Fantastic!" Then he raised his hand in praise to the Creator.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17420184/

Dr. Carl Sagan marveled that a single human chromosome contains 20 billion bits of information. This corresponds to four thousand 500-page books, and that's only one chromosome! Yet Dr. Sagan never professed any belief in God. When it comes to praising God for his incredible work in creation, some of us are more like Dr. Sagan than the student. We are quick to condemn those who deny that God created the universe, yet we, too, often forget to praise him for all that he has made.

We praise God for salvation but forget to praise him for creation. Whether we look at the grandeur of the heavens or the intricacies of a chromosome, we should stand in awe of our Creator. Praise him today for his masterful work.

Have I looked at the sun shining in the skies, or the moon walking down its silver pathway, and been secretly enticed to worship them? If so, I should be punished by the judges, for it would mean I had denied the God of heaven.

Job 31:26-28

We understand the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.

Hebrews 11:3

Heaven

Old 03-06-2007, 06:28 AM   #1569
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 6th

"Simply marvelous!"

God's actions are not reactions to current situations, but part of his long-term plan to bring redemption. Yes, he has done marvelous things: he took the evil intent of a mob who cried "Crucify him" and turned it into an opportunity to fulfill the prophesies and redeem us. He is perfect in faithfulness and has done marvelous things.

O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

Isaiah 25:1

Heaven

Old 03-07-2007, 06:18 AM   #1570
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 7th

"God knows us."

We can't pretend we are something we are not with him. This should liberate us to a remarkable degree of intimacy, but most of us run from such a close relationship with God. If our desire, however, is to become more like him, the only way to be transformed is by inviting him and looking at our heart, our motivations, and our desires.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24

Heaven

Old 03-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #1571
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 8th

"We are comforted to comfort others."

God doesn't bless us because we are somehow uniquely better than everyone else, but specifically to equip, empower, and encourage us to comfort others. God has human hands only when I use mine to his glory and for his purposes!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Heaven

Old 03-09-2007, 06:50 AM   #1572
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 9th

"Before the beginning of time!"

How do you understand when that was? God first thought of us at a time we cannot even begin to understand. His reason for thinking of us was to demonstrate his grace and call others to his side. Jesus has always been God's plan, and we have always been his goal. Let's make sure we respond by living that holy life.

God has saved us and called us to a holy life, not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.

2 Timothy 1:9

Heaven

Old 03-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #1573
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 10th

"Carried away."

Isn't it amazing what we can let our minds do to us? We blow things out of proportion, and it causes such great suffering and distress. When we thrust ourselves into panic and fear, it is good to know that we can turn to the Lord, and He will be faithful to comfort us. Open yourself to His peace, and you will find new serenity.

The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.

Psalm 25:17

Heaven

Old 03-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #1574
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 11th

"Is anyone really safe anymore?"

From terrorist attacks to the abduction of children in broad daylight, random acts of violence seem to fill the news reports day and night. Scripture reveals God to be concerned about and committed to our safety. But to more fully understand the concept of safety, we must recognize who we are, eternal beings wrapped in mortal bodies. While God is concerned about what happens to our body, he is much more concerned about what happens with our soul. Once we have confessed faith in Jesus and the Holy Spirit comes to live within us, he is at work protecting our soul from beings snatched away by Satan. God is concerned about the safety of our physical body, and we probably experience his hand of protection more than we realize. But ultimately, physical protection will come only when we are given our new body in eternity.

He will rescue you again and again so that no evil can touch you.

Job 5:19

Heaven

Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 AM   #1575
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

March 12th

"By Your light all fear is erased."

God doesn't want worthy people nearly as much as He wants committed people. Those individuals who stand up and say, "Here am I, Lord! Take me," are the ones who please Him most. To those who give their all to the Lord, He will give comfort and peace. They will have no cause to fear anything.

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:1

Heaven