++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-16-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
number1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Delray concert

hey guys. check out the Scott 15 September concert at Delray here
http://www.youtube.com/sflpumpkinmatt

Scott sang 4 new songs on the show.
Original Sins
Who I am
Criminal
Crazy

he sound awesome!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Re: Delray concert

the more I hear of Scott the more I am convinced that his voice is shot. He seems to lack the ability to hold notes and belt it out like he used to. I think this was evident on his solo album and during Creed concerts in the couple years before the band broke up. That's too bad because I enjoyed his powerful baritone.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
Chase
USER INFO »

I don't think that his voice is entirely shot, it's just that he's still trying to sing in the style that he was singing in during Creed's prime and his vocal cords just aren't capable of what they once were. He needs to progress to singing different types of songs. I honestly think that his voice would be pretty suitable for some folky, acoustic songs... not some anthemic Creed-esque songs with booming verses or or hard songs that overly strain his voices.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #4
in reality
USER INFO »

Thanks Number1 for the link. Can't wait for the cd to be released. I'm glad Stapp survived the creed years, those were tough years for him. Liking the new music.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:59 AM   #5
number1
USER INFO »

from what i read from reviews from people who went to the concert Scott was in a great form in many years. on the concert time itself however, the band experience technical problem with the sound which also contribute to the bad vocalization in the video. as to his voice is shot.... i would say Scott overwork his voice almost everytime before a show or concert. those who went to the concert said they could hear Scott rehearsaling a couple of hours before the concert. lets assume the best... 1 hour and add that with over 2 hours or concert at the night time. that will difinitely affect his vocal man. i know coz i had sang to Creed songs too with all that i got and after an hour my vocal chord was tired. if there is one advice i wanna give Scott, i would say take good care of your voice man especially before ur show and perhaps take something like entertainer secret to help ease ur vocal chord.

below is the set list, can u image how hard Scott and the rest of the bandmate had to work that night?

Bullets
Freedom Fighter
Torn
What If
Are You Ready
My Own Prison
Justify
Original Sin *NEW SONG*
Who I Am *NEW SONG*
Weathered
The Great Divide
One Last Breathe
Higher
My Sacrifice
-Acoustic Set-
With Arms Wide Open
Broken
Criminal *NEW SONG*
Crazy *NEW SONG*
Old 09-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by number1) hey guys. check out the Scott 15 September concert at Delray here
http://www.youtube.com/sflpumpkinmatt

Scott sang 4 new songs on the show.
Original Sins
Who I am
Criminal
Crazy

he sound awesome!
that link does not provide the new songs...oh well. does anybody have recordings of him playing the new ones at delray?

and wth is he still playing creed songs. he has plenty of his own now.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
number1
USER INFO »

the videos showing the new songs were taken down by the uploader coz Scott management team ask for it. they said the songs are not yet finish (and of coz not yet release officially) in the sense that they are not refined to perfection...hey it was a rehearsal/concert anyway. but they is someone else uploaded the new songs although with very bad video quality... can hardly hear anything. as to why he still sing creed songs, well why not? he cherish them, he wrote them though not all, and who else will sing creed songs if not him?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #8
nagpo
USER INFO »

it's just not very original. with a brand new solo career, you want to start anew. i wouldnt mind it if he played them ever so often, but he plays them every concert. he still seems to be relying on creed even though he is no longer with creed. if he likes playing creed so much, get back with the band.

in short, it's holding back his solo career, imo.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) it's just not very original. with a brand new solo career, you want to start anew. i wouldnt mind it if he played them ever so often, but he plays them every concert. he still seems to be relying on creed even though he is no longer with creed. if he likes playing creed so much, get back with the band.

in short, it's holding back his solo career, imo.

EXACTLY!

I listened to the new songs from this show on youtube and I like them. They have a heavier sound. I know the frontmans gotta pose and flex during the show but I wish he'd tone it down a little.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

At least we're getting some idea of the songs he's written. Hoping it won't be a let down.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #11
nagpo
USER INFO »

i'm ecpecting more pseudo-christian rock. nothing new. He doesnt seem to be able to change his songwriting techniques for his solo career. i wonder if it ever occured to him that going solo would mean that he is no longer apart of creed- a pseudo-christian band. why not try some other genre of rock instead of post-grunge-christian rock. show some colors, ya know.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) i'm ecpecting more pseudo-christian rock. nothing new. He doesnt seem to be able to change his songwriting techniques for his solo career. i wonder if it ever occured to him that going solo would mean that he is no longer apart of creed- a pseudo-christian band. why not try some other genre of rock instead of post-grunge-christian rock. show some colors, ya know.
I See Your True Colors Shining Through I See Your True Colors Thats Why I Love You HAAAAAAA you reminded me of A Gerorge Strait song tooooooo Anyways seriously in my opion hes got some new stuff working with it that was cool to let his fans come out and get a preview of new matrial it was a rehearsle show for just the fans not the crictics if he like does a millon of his own stuff his His Fans will expect to hear creed songs from him thats really just a fact it takes time to Experment and grow as an artist and stapp writes from the heart and trying to please everybody what id like too see more of in a solo record is pleasing the artist and creator u cant go wrong there you being a good writer yourself nagpo it just takes time me being a writer i cant always please self i like to reach and comprahend with those who like my stuff