++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 09-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
bartpr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Gone Blind

This is a first time to post.

I got on yahoo, and found a post on this site back in june of 2005 about how Mark had called Gone Blind (stapps new band) a "pawnshop band", because they told him they would not play any creed songs with stapp. I can definetely see why he would get pissed because he said alterbridge was not going to play Creed songs. But, hey, isn't the band the one that broke this thing up in the first place? Would you really want to go see Scott live, and NOT here any Creed songs? I was a huge Gone Blind fan! In 96, I saw them play at the Westhiemer Art Festival in houston. the music was so hard, so crisp and so well organized, i was hooked. I followed the band for about 3 years, until they got rid of the original singer because he was always late for the gigs. after that i kinda lost touch with them until about 2001 or 2002 (hell i can't remember, burned too many memory cells). i saw them on a side stage at a creed concert. I was so excited to learn they were still around. after that, everytime i saw creed, wether on a t.v. event concert or in interviews, mark was wearing a "gone blind" t-shirt. now, a few years later i see gone blind backing stapp at the NASCAR championship awards. Man, i really got excited for them after that.

I guess my point is that gone blind was and is a very good band. they have worked their ass off to get to this point in their careers. if mark is pissed because they play creed songs, then he needs to ditch that shitty alterbridge singer and get stapp back, because like it or not, stapp is the sound of creed. When I go see stapp, i want to here creed stuff as well as his new stuff. gone blind is a good band, and they need to do what it takes to catipolt their careers. I think anyone would do it the same way.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Re: Gone Blind

WELCOME! Okay I should start this by saying I like Creed first, Alter Bridge second and Scott last.
Why, Scott S. has ALOT of personal problems that seem to tax the patience of everyone around him. I can understand why Creed is no more and I put most of the blame on him.
He was the voice of Creed and he leaned on that for his solo tour that fell flat. I think Creeds time has passed and believe I don't like having to say it.
If Gone Blind wants to succeed they need to get away from Scott, cause right now they're a back up band.
Personally, if I co-wrote and co-created great music like Mark I would be pissed about ANYBODY else playing it.(imo)

WELCOME AGAIN!

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) WELCOME!
If Gone Blind wants to succeed they need to get away from Scott, cause right now they're a back up band.
Personally, if I co-wrote and co-created great music like Mark I would be pissed about ANYBODY else playing it.(imo)

ditto that ......

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) WELCOME!

ditto this aswell....
Old 10-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
bartpr
USER INFO »

Thanks for the welcome! I guess I need to get on here and read more! I don't know any of the "problems" the scott has to be honest accept for some sex video and getting hammered on stage, but hey, lets not be hipocritical. we've all been hammered and probably would have gotten hammered on stage and caught having sex had we been rock stars! What I feel probably happened is that Scott gave gone blind the option to either play creed songs or hit the road. what would ya'll have done? like it or not, the music mark wrote can be easily played by any good musician and/or copied (like gone blind has), but scotts voice is very unique. no doubt scott's solo album sounds like creed, but its damn good!! gone blind formed about the same time in 95 when creed did and they sounded like creed before creed came out with my own prison. maybe even better. houston really isn't a good place for musicians to start a career, unless your a rapper, but mark and scott got a lucky break in florida and all kinds of doors opened for them at an early stage in their careers. they may have never known what its like to be a starving musician. all i'm saying is that mark shouldn't be pissed at gone blind for playing his music. if mark wants to make new music with alterbridge, so be it, but he shouldn't let his old music die. he should be proud that its still being played and he's moved on.

i haven't really heard any alter bridge. is it any good.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
bartpr
USER INFO »

i found this on some website that was written around 94. it pretty much sums up gone blind. they really are a good band, but i don't think joe paul is with them anymore. he was a black guy that could really sing, but they kicked him out because he was always, i mean always about an hour or 2 late for every gig.

"Gone Blind offers an interesting look at the local music scene
by Robert Gonzales

Contributing Writer

You've seen one, you've seen them all, and boy, are they everywhere. I'm talking about the infinite number of live bands in the Houston area.

I've seen quite a number of local bands, many of which have not left lasting impressions upon me - that is, until I saw Gone Blind.

The group showcased several songs from its debut album, I Come in Peace, and other unreleased tracks from an upcoming release.

The first song that will pull you in is a little number called "Winter." This song just hypnotizes you under lead singer Joe Paul's mesmerizing voice. If you like heart-pounding and just plain in-your-face rock music, "Bigfoot" is your song. Another track that is not only amazing for the music but for the message as well is "Bulletproof," a serious slant in Gone Blind's no-frills rock sound.

Many times, a group's musical influences are easily identified, but Gone Blind is an exception. With all four members of the band contributing to the material, the style is truly its own.

Mark Archer is probably one of the top five drummers in the Houston area. Joe Paul, lead vocals, has a powerful and energetic voice which will blow your eardrums out. Mitch Burman and Aristides are both phenomenal as well.

With Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Barbara and Phoenix dates already under their belts, the members of Gone Blind are beginning to make headway for themselves. A new video is also scheduled to be released some time in March.

If you are looking for a unique sound with stunning lyrics, this is your band. It is no secret that Gone Blind has definitely seen the light."
Old 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
bartpr
USER INFO »

sorry, i think it was written in 04.