++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 07-20-2004, 10:59 PM   #16
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thanks guys. Big hugs to you all. I spoke with a friend today who is going to put me in touch with a guidance counselor at Jenn's new school. Both my girls are not handling Don's absence well and are taking it out on each other and me in a bad way. I'm hoping she can help me with learning how to deal with this situation.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-20-2004, 11:08 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh, man, thats sucks big time, Teri. It's so difficult for children so young to understand what's going on. But I know what a great mom you are, so I know you and the girls will be fine. and more
Old 07-21-2004, 12:04 AM   #18
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I hope that the counselling will help give your children understanding of why their daddy is away Teri I will definitely be praying for you and your family Teri
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-21-2004, 04:54 AM   #19
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
That sucks I'm sure the girls will be all right after awhile. Everything will get better
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 07-21-2004, 08:32 PM   #20
whitebird
USER INFO »
Teri, I wish I could help,your kids taking it out on you, and each other is very stressful I'm sure.

Too bad we can't rotate CreedFeed Aunties, I love kids, and don't have any girls of my own.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #21
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Teri, sweetie, you know that you and Don and the girls have been in my prayers. I'll also pray for your mom; I know firsthand what you're going through as I've been dealing with that with my own mom. As Whitebird says, trials like this hurt at the time you're going through them, but in the long run, each one makes you a stronger person. Put your trust in God, know that He is in control. He listens when you pray, believe me. His grace and mercy can carry you when you have no strength of your own. I know this from personal experience, not just talkin' bible talk here... I love you, and you know I'm here for you, whatever you need, any time, day or night (and I mean that), I'll do whatever I can to help!

P.S. Thanks for the b'day card; for you to think of me when you're going through all this....you're a true friend sweetie!

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 07-23-2004, 10:11 AM   #22
JenRN
USER INFO »
Teri,
I am sory to hear how difficult this is becoming for you, I have such great respect for military personnel and thier families. I am sorry to hear about your mom as well, I think it is time to get a second opinion. I look forward to seeing you in September i will try for a few days to get your mind off of things and have a good time with you! Please know we love you and are thinking of you all the time!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-24-2004, 09:29 PM   #23
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks everyone. Jen, I'm really looking forward to your visit, hopefully Sheila can make it too. I hear from Don every night, he's still going through preparations like getting paperwork done, shots, tests, etc. We won't know if he's going to get a chance to come home before he ships out for awhile. The girls miss him terribly and I'm losing my mind without him. Luckily, I've got a great support system, not only here in my neighborhood and with family but with the members of this board as well. I had the pleasure of getting out of the house for awhile last night (thanks to Mom for babysitting) and I got to spend the evening with two of my great friends Kerri & Linda. We got to see Octane in Philly (my first time seeing them live!) and I had such a great time. It was so good just to get away and spend time with friends and not have to play referee to Damian and Satan for one night.

Anyway, enough rambling, suffice it to say, I love you guys for all your prayers, friendship and support and depend on you more than you could imagine!!

Old 07-25-2004, 01:32 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Right back at ya, Teri! ...We DID have a blast and I'm hoping we can do it again very soon...like Tuesday !
Old 07-25-2004, 03:38 PM   #25
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
For Teri
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-25-2004, 03:39 PM   #26
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Thanks everyone. Jen, I'm really looking forward to your visit, hopefully Sheila can make it too.

Teri, I'm so sorry for not being here before now. This past week was a busy one and I haven't been here since last weekend. I remember you mentioning that Don might get deployed. Knowing this, you, Don and your girls have all be in my thoughts and prayers a lot the last several weeks. I'm so happy you were able to get out and have some fun with Kerri and Linda.

I totally respect and admire the men and women who serve in the military as well as their spouses and families. Please know that you have my support and yes, I will be coming in September!! I wouldn't miss it for the world!! I miss all of you so much!! I hope we can help you and the girls have some fun while we're there.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom too. I know how scary it can be when you don't know what's going on. I think Jen is right, maybe it would be good to get a second opinion. I will say somes prayers for her as well.

Remember we love you and we're here for you. Can't wait to see you in September!!!

Relearn Love

Last edited by Sheila63 : 07-25-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #27
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Hey Teri, sorry I haven't been on the forums myself in the last week - been really busy. I just came across this thread. I have you and your family in my prayers. I hope that everything will work out alright. As always, feel free to message me anytime you need to.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 07-26-2004, 10:02 PM   #28
cjme
USER INFO »
Teri, how are you holding up after the first week? You still alive or have you turned into ??????
Old 07-26-2004, 10:47 PM   #29
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey all. Mom's doing ok and we've heard from Don every night before the girls go to bed. He may be coming home Wednesday for the night. While I'm really happy to have him coming home, I'm a little concerned about how hard it will be for the girls to have to say goodbye to him all over again when he gets shipped overseas. We had a really tough first week away from him, behavior-wise. They fought a LOT. I just hope his coming then going back doesn't start them to fighting all over again.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:54 PM   #30
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Awww Teri! Sure some rough times are coming your way!
Sending some strengthening and powerful hugs & feelings towards you, your precious family and your mom!
I wish we could all take a piece of your hard times and make it any easier for you and your family...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God