++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-26-2004, 07:29 PM   #1
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Speaking of the World Series...a thought or two

Every year when this time rolls around...i can't help but wonder...WHO could afford to watch the games live...have any of you seen the ticket prices?

i'm sure that there are people out there that can justify spending such amounts up to 9 grand for a pair of tickets...but when the cheap seats still go for 800 bucks a pair...justification escapes me...

at those prices think of the number of people that could benifit from donating the same amount in cash to a favorite charitable organization...

as much as i enjoy baseball...spending that kind of money for the game just isn't in my scope, even if i had it to spend...so, as usual, i will continue to enjoy it from my own private box seat, in front of my TV, with the stero speakers on....with the smell of homemade pop corn and boiled hot dogs in the air...'cause that's as real as it's ever been...
Old 10-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #2
scrit
USER INFO »
I hear ya, ive never been to a game, im too broke. I know alot of people who just buy season passes and go like every other game, but i don't know if the season passes count for the world series.

-U2
Old 10-26-2004, 09:16 PM   #3
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If you have season tickets and your team makes the playoffs, you are automatically offered tickets to post-season home games but not to every one. When the Phillies were in the NLCS and the World Series back in 1993, I had season tickets ($120 for 13 Sunday home games, not too bad) and we got tickets for Game one of the NLCS and I believe Games 1 and 7 of the Series (didn't make it to 7). I don't quite remember how much they were but the didn't cost us that much.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:31 AM   #4
RMadd
USER INFO »
I'm going to Game 4 tomorrow nite @ Busch Stadium... Y'all better watch for me, I'll be sitting in the left field bleachers, w/ red Cards jersey, face painted red, w/ a red hat... maybe a sign if I've got time before I leave to go tomorrow.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:52 AM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
the Cards' website (as I'm sure was the same w/ Sox, 'Stros, and Skankees) had an online raffle, in which you submit your email for a random chance to purchase tickets. sign-ups were for tues-thurs prior to the saturday the tix went on sale. friday afternoon, when the final drawing was, i was one of the lucky few (i'm not sure of the exact number) who would be able, on saturday, to purchase one or 2 tix for either game 3, 4, or 5. My roommate & I decided bleachers would be best, as they were the cheapest non-standing-room-only seats available (still, $65 a ticket; SRO was $45). So I got up bright and early Sat morning to log on to the appropriate website and purchase my tix for Game 4. And even if the Cards get swept tomorrow, I think it'd be great seeing some history made, what w/ the Sox breaking their little "curse" <inability to merely win a single World Series in roughly 86 years>

Old 10-27-2004, 09:51 AM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Bear, make a sign for us to see so we know which red-faced, jersey-wearing Card's fan you are!!!!

Old 10-27-2004, 10:27 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
I'll see what I can do, though I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking something along the lines of "Reverse the 21-Year Curse", but that might not seem so appropriate given we're down 3-0 now. But hey, who knows?
Oh, and my roommate will be w/ me, I think he's gonna be wearing a yellow "Slam-a-lama-ding-dong" shirt from Joe Buck's Budweiser commercials.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:58 AM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I saw about 500 of those shirts last night. You're gonna have to narrow it down a bit more. Maybe set his hair on fire when they show you on the big screen. We'll know who you for SURE then!!! (just kidding roomie). Hey are you roomies with Creedh8er? He's been long absent from the forums.

Old 10-28-2004, 03:51 AM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
nope, no longer roomies w/ him (Grant)... he sorta dropped outta school and moved down here full-time (he was originally from Chicago, but came down here b/c he had family here). so, basically, he's a worthless bum, he's had 3 jobs in the past 5 months or so (his first lasted a couple weeks, his second, a few more weeks, and now he's detailing cars for Avis, but absolutely hates it).

Old 10-28-2004, 10:40 AM   #10
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I can offord em, same with super bowl and others... i just wont be going to college for the next year.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:07 PM   #11
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
lol

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hahah, Mulletman! If I had the money and could have gotten the time off, I would have loved to have been at Game 1 or 2 of the Red Sox/Cards game. That would have been awesome.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:14 PM   #13
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I can offord em, same with super bowl and others... i just wont be going to college for the next year.

LOL...