++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 10-28-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Swedish church about gayrights

The swedish church have decided to let gay couples be able to get "married", well not yet, they will have a seremonial service so that a priest may give a blessing on their relationship. Not everyone is as happy as I am on this dessision since some here belive that homosexuallity is wrong, witch i don't agree with. and this dissision is one step closer to homosexual marriges wich I'm very pleased with... What would have happend if the churches in America did the same thing? What do you think would be the best thing to do.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
im happy yes they should have their own places to worship my friend their not excepted any where else as unto many of Gods childrens Are Isa. 43.7 even every one that is called by my name for i have created him for my Glory i have formed him yea i have made Isa 61.9 and their seed shall be known among the Gentiles and thier off spring among the people all that see theme shall acknowlege theme that they are the seed which the Lord hath blessed
Old 10-28-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
metalanus
USER INFO »
I would say its impossible to be a christian and label yourself as a homosexual. Christian as in believes the bible is teh inerrant word of God. However it is possible to be a christian and struggle with homosexual thoughts and feelings. I am doing research on homosexuals who became christians and sought help to control there homosexual compulsions and desires. These people had a conversion type experience and homosexaulity over time became less fullfilling to them.

one thing to keep in mind when discussing homosexuality is that sexual attraction is dimesional and each person has a ratio of homosexual/heterosexual attraction. We have been moving toward an either or mentality. What I have found in research is that most gays have some heterosexual attraction and many are capable of heterosexual marriage however they may still be troubled by same sex desires in that.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:25 PM   #4
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) The swedish church have decided to let gay couples be able to get "married", well not yet, they will have a seremonial service so that a priest may give a blessing on their relationship. Not everyone is as happy as I am on this dessision since some here belive that homosexuallity is wrong, witch i don't agree with. and this dissision is one step closer to homosexual marriges wich I'm very pleased with... What would have happend if the churches in America did the same thing? What do you think would be the best thing to do.
About damn time then! Everyone should be "allowed" to love who ever they want! And the church shouldn't stand in the way of it! I think people who's against gay couples is people who've never met one! One of my family's best friends is gay, and he's one of the sweetest persons I know!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-28-2005, 12:27 PM   #5
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by metalanus) I would say its impossible to be a christian and label yourself as a homosexual. Christian as in believes the bible is teh inerrant word of God.
I'm not a Christian myself, (not at all). But didn't God create human beings? And didn't God create love? Are you saying God didn't create the love between men and men and women and women?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
here's my take on the issue: I have nothing against homosexuals as people. I happen to know and work with (or have known & worked with) more than just a few. In any matter, I agree with Metalanus on this: it's impossible to be a homosexual and Christian at the same time. Homosexuality is singled out as being one of the sins of which the people of Sodom and Gomorrha are guilty. It's mentioned other times in the Bible as being immoral and/or sinful as well. Now, because God views all sins alike (no sin is worse than any other: killing your father is just as bad as stealing a piece of candy from 7-11, in God's eyes anyway, because they both go against his will regardless of the "severity"), I do no claim to be better than any homosexual. I commit sins daily (lusting after the fairer sex, etc, etc, etc) of which I always need repent. God also says that, if we're truly repentant of our sins, then we must not commit those sins any longer. So, one of two things happens with Christian homosexuals: (1) they either make their homosexual sins known, and then subsequently abrogate the Lord's wishes by committing the same sins over, or (2) they are merely unrepentant and go on in their sinful ways free of any guilt (at least in their eyes). This would be akin to me killing my father or stealing a candy bar, then either asking God's forgiveness and subsequently killing my mother or stealing another candy bar, or merely not feeling guilty or a need to repent for killing my father or stealing a candy bar. Now, I admit that I have often repented of the aforementioned lust issue, and yet commit it again and again, but this is certainly something I've been working on much more as of late.

Now to the slightly more pertinent issue of gay marriage: I, naturally, do not accept homosexual marriages or unions as legitimate. The way a leader at my church back home put it, we could solve this issue by spreading God's love to everyone so that everyone might know God and return from their sins (including homosexuality, among a great many others), but since that isn't very likely to occur in a short period of time, the quickest way to curb America from going the way of Sodom & Gomorrha (perhaps I'm the only one that sees this, what with all our immorality) is to enact legislation that prohibits such immoral behavior.

Old 10-28-2005, 04:53 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »
I completely agree with you Ryan... on everything you said. Also, the lust issue is a sin that I have repeatedly committed... and something that I have really tried to work on. Bottom line though: Christianity and homosexuality aren't synonymous with one another. That's like saying a sober person is an alcoholic. Anyway, I have nothing against homosexual people... I also work and know quite a few of them. But I in no way agree with the lifestyle. I'm not judging them, I'm simply saying that I believe it's an unhealthy lifestyle.

God still loves murderers... but that doesn't make murdering acceptable.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:47 PM   #8
The Lithium
USER INFO »
A comment on Ryan's post: Men made God! Not the other way around! Well, I guess I can't change the bible, but I don't agree with anything you just said.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) But I in no way agree with the lifestyle. I'm not judging them, I'm simply saying that I believe it's an unhealthy lifestyle.
Unhealthy lifestyle? Are you actually saying these words? How is it unhealthy to love the one you love, and not being ashamed of it? How is it not healthy to have the courage to follow your heart, even though you know about half the society is looking down at you? How is it unhealthy to be open and happy? How?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) God still loves murderers... but that doesn't make murdering acceptable.
So homosexuality shouldn't be acceptable?

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-28-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:28 PM   #9
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) A comment on Ryan's post: Men made God! Not the other way around! Well, I guess I can't change the bible, but I don't agree with anything you just said.

Unhealthy lifestyle? Are you actually saying these words? How is it unhealthy to love the one you love, and not being ashamed of it? How is it not healthy to have the courage to follow your heart, even though you know about half the society is looking down at you? How is it unhealthy to be open and happy? How?

Homosexuals have a higher rate of sexually transmitted diseases. Some people call unprotected gay sex to be unhealthy. It's unhealthy to be sexually promiscuous with partners of the SAME sex. So to answer your questions, it is unhealthy to be a homosexual with a sex life.

And yes... homosexuality isn't acceptable in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 PM   #10
metalanus
USER INFO »
actually I have read a study in a medical journal that suggest that anal sex is unhealthy with or without condem use.

as far as churches. we tend to try to get them to change there homosexuality imediatly. If we approached them like anyone else and they accepted the biblical message of salvation then there attitudes about seeing themselves as gay would change as a result but might take some time. we are all guilty of sin and teh salvation message is the same for everyone. Its just that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice that is contradictory of the bible and to label oneself as gay and pursue that is an open rejection of christianity. We cant control all of our sexual lustful thoughts because the flesh is strong but we just like homosexuals can choice to act on those or dwell on them.

I don
Old 10-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #11
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Unhealthy lifestyle? Are you actually saying these words? How is it unhealthy to love the one you love, and not being ashamed of it? How is it not healthy to have the courage to follow your heart, even though you know about half the society is looking down at you? How is it unhealthy to be open and happy? How?

I was (am) so tired that I had decided to post a reply in that thread only tomorrow, but when I saw ... THIS POST...

WOW...

I LOVED YOUR WORDS, Lith !!!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 10-28-2005, 10:38 PM   #12
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It would require "an act of God" (pun intended) to get the churches to permit homosexual union. As for the states, not that difficult, just a slight majority of the vote.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:40 AM   #13
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I'm not a Christian myself, (not at all). But didn't God create human beings? And didn't God create love? Are you saying God didn't create the love between men and men and women and women?
A FRICKING MEN Its A Sin Of Coures but no greater than anybody eles GOD IS IN CONTROL OF THESE THINGS but we dont know that if we keep looking at beam after beam and not the eye of grace and love So Lith 1 Cor i thank God always on your behalf For The Grace Of God Be With You which is given to ya by christ our Lord that in everything you are enriched by him in all uttrence and knowlege even as the testimony of christ that was confirmed to you now i beeseech from such such and such by the name of our Lord jesus christ that ye all speak the same thing and there be no divison but that ye be perfectly minded together in the same mind and jugement MUHEHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
Old 10-29-2005, 04:27 AM   #14
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) A comment on Ryan's post: Men made God! Not the other way around! Well, I guess I can't change the bible, but I don't agree with anything you just said.

I suppose if we can't convince you that your first comment here is incorrect, then we cannot persuade you to agree with any of the arguments we've made in this thread. I'm sorry.

What's all this BS about following your heart and such? Seriously. Try following your heart Lith, see what it's really telling you, and see where you wind up. God's waiting for you.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:32 AM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) A FRICKING MEN Its A Sin Of Coures but no greater than anybody eles GOD IS IN CONTROL OF THESE THINGS but we dont know that if we keep looking at beam after beam and not the eye of grace and love So Lith 1 Cor i thank God always on your behalf For The Grace Of God Be With You which is given to ya by christ our Lord that in everything you are enriched by him in all uttrence and knowlege even as the testimony of christ that was confirmed to you now i beeseech from such such and such by the name of our Lord jesus christ that ye all speak the same thing and there be no divison but that ye be perfectly minded together in the same mind and jugement MUHEHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
Zion1010/Creedsis/Rocketqueen... I really don't understand you sometimes. I mean, I actually see what you're getting at here, but how can you claim to be a Christian and yet basically ignore half of God's "plan?" Yes, love is a good thing, but God really prefers (very very very strongly encourages) that it be between man and woman. Like I said above, He burned S & G to the ground, and I don't think it's any coincidence that homosexuality is one of their sins listed. Yes, I guess it's love, but it's not the kind that God wants from us as people.