++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-18-2003, 11:55 PM   #16
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hahah, that's funny. That's true, though, that's what makes their boots so desirable. Different set lists all the time. It's all that wine he drinks, lol .

Creed wouldn't sell as many boots because they only change up one or two songs and often its the same setlist. That means your only likely to buy the boot of a gig you were at and any concert that had a rarer song, cover etc: One can only hope they change it up more in the future and that this new band also does. Its going to be tough for this band though considering they will have precious little songs to play. They may to have to play some covers, I wonder if they will play any Creed songs?

It does help to have a tighter concert but it lessens the appeal overall!
Old 12-19-2003, 12:03 AM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I love the spontaneity of some groups. Even A Perfect Circle varies their set list a bit. I have seen them once and I have downloaded three boots, and each one has a song from Mer de Noms that didn't show up on the other two.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:07 AM   #18
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yeah, I love the spontaneity of some groups. Even A Perfect Circle varies their set list a bit. I have seen them once and I have downloaded three boots, and each one has a song from Mer de Noms that didn't show up on the other two.

that is awesome for Creed it is tough because of all the pyro and such, but I don't think Mark wants to give that up. There has to be a way around it certain parts of the concert should be up for changing. You don't have to have a competely new setlist even 2 or 3 different songs a night would make it collectable.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:10 AM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Exactly! They need to lose some of the pyro and let it be about the music. That's what it's all about. Jerry Cantrell changes set lists all the time, even within the same week. I saw him twice in five days and the two shows were pretty different, even for the encore. He does have a great body of work to choose from, though, which helps. But Creed have so many great songs, that they easily could vary things a bit and people would be psyched.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:48 PM   #20
chafin24
USER INFO »
leave brian marshall alone, its been two years.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:53 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by chafin24) leave brian marshall alone, its been two years.
Hellooooo? WTF? Nobody said anything about Brian Marshall in this thread, so chill.
Old 12-20-2003, 02:44 AM   #22
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah I'll say go take a chill pill.

I heard that Pearl Jam may have a new album on the radio the other day, that's great just not so long ago they released Lost Dogs they must be going hard. PEARL JAM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 12-21-2003, 07:14 PM   #23
hide
USER INFO »
Pearl Jam obviously love been around eachother and playing at the moment taking a few months off and then hitting the studio again which is fantastic. Some pyro is good but if it means not been able to change up your setlists then its not worth it!
Old 12-21-2003, 11:00 PM   #24
chafin24
USER INFO »
99x in atlanta ga is playing a ton of pearl jam this weekend.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:16 AM   #25
hide
USER INFO »
cool good to hear that!

alone has been doing really well in this song contest thing and to think its a b-side!

I know the first question the reporter's will be asking Brian when this new band release their album!
Old 12-26-2003, 08:26 PM   #26
jango
USER INFO »
As the resident Pearl Jam expert... heh... I feel it necessary to educate y'all. Pearl Jam, although contributing "Man of the Hour" (Great song, btw) to Tim Burton's Big Fish soundtrack, are not in the studio at this time. The band is said to be heading into the studio later in 04 and possibly putting together a short (10-15) summer tour before finalizing the album.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 12-26-2003, 08:40 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ahhh, the PJ master returns! Thanks for the info, jango.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:06 AM   #28
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Ahhh, the PJ master returns! Thanks for the info, jango.

hey jango my claim to fame is the PJ expert don't try to steal my thunder! LOL BTW are you from the board and if so who are ya? I knew that info you posted but thanks for the update for everyone else. I think they may be heading into the studio in April, but I know nothing about a tour next year but lets hope so.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:13 AM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hide, jango's been on the board in its various stages since the beginning. We often say he has a master's in Pearl Jam . He is the original PJ expert here .
Old 12-27-2003, 06:31 AM   #30
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hide, jango's been on the board in its various stages since the beginning. We often say he has a master's in Pearl Jam . He is the original PJ expert here .

hehe i shall usurp his throne! LOL