++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I dunno, but I would love to see the person who leaked this lynched. Whether its true or not, just for even opening her damn mouth in the first place. You all know accidents happen, one day you're walking home and all of a sudden you trip and fall on an ice pick 6 or 7 times. It happens! Like a lot of people here I'm in denial... or the nile... which ever the case might be, but yea. Its not that I cannot believe such a thing happening, its just that I choose not to. I was discussing this with Teri last night, the band is not my life. They are just a bunch of over-rated musicians with hug ego's, anyone will admit that. The thing is that in the last 3 - 4 years that band has revolved around my life in a big way. I've meet a lot of people, made new friends, and had a lot of great experiences. It's kind of hard to imagine what things would be like if it weren't for the band. Thats just me tho.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I hear you, Mulletman. Because of Creed, I have a crapload of really cool new friends, some of whom I've met in person. This is the first message board I ever joined and it's by far the best one, in terms of the subject matter and the people. It took me a while to even join, but I'm so glad I did. I've shared my love for Creed with several people from this board and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I'm hoping they remain together, because I was hoping to get to more shows with more of the Feeders here. I know how much fun we would have. It saddens me to think there might be no more Creed tours, but as you said...just a band, not my life...Still, I will miss them big-time if they are no more.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I agree Mullet I really wish whoever started this bs would have just kept it to themselves! Cuz if it all ends up to be false I'm gonna be huntin somebody down :devil: :eyebrow:
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-21-2003, 01:12 PM   #4
Kim V.
USER INFO »
My sentiments exactly, Julie!! If this is all for nothing, I'm gonna seriously be ticked off!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 11-21-2003, 01:14 PM   #5
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Darn right Kim
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-21-2003, 01:14 PM   #6
Blaize
USER INFO »
I am in denial too. It is not just because the band has "supposedly" broken up either. It's the lifestyle that goes along with being a fan of this band too. The meeting of other Creed fans, the sharing of concerts and stories. The road trips, the laughs, the tears. The feeling of anticipation of hearing that first note on stage and the sadness of hearing the last one. The smiles on the faces, the arms thrown up in the air in unison "One, oh One". All of these things come into factor here and to think it could all be over with is just something that I am personally not ready to deal with.
This band has touched me in a way that I didn't think possible. They have enriched my life with friends and experiences that will last a life time. The magic that they put off when they are together on that stage is untouchable. These are just some of the things I don't want to let go of.........
Old 11-21-2003, 02:05 PM   #7
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Once again Blaize, my sentiments exactly....Creed has touched my life like no other band has or likely ever will......to have all that come to an end......I'm not ready to let go of that magic either. I pray we don't have to.....

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 11-21-2003, 02:27 PM   #8
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I'm glad it's come around to us realizing this. I will not give up till something official is said. And even then... What's funny is in September, when I got my third tattoo with my other Creed friend (she got her second, and both she and I have all Creed tattoos), her husband said, what are you going to do if Creed breaks up. We both denied it'd happen. I ran into him last night and he is genuinly upset for her, but he repeated it. I thought about it already and said, you know, I don't care. They are/were a huge part of my life and what I am today, and I'm proud to say what they are
Old 11-21-2003, 02:43 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm still planning on getting my Creed tattoo even if they break up, for the reason you stated. They were/are a big part of my life and brought me a lot of joy.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #10
creedlvr
USER INFO »
What about Scott? He's got big huge letters ... "CREED" on half his arm!
Old 11-21-2003, 04:36 PM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I think most people are misunderstanding...

The big confusion is due the way the person that leaked the information of what Mark said (and what a piece of information!) exposed to the others. It's her interpretation. But it's fair the way people are flaming her.

We weren't there. People who were there also confirmed the words. It seems Michael Tremonti said that the shit hit the fan.

They never said "Creed is over". They said it'll change.

We would have be really close to Mark to understand what he meant.

It could even be a Marketing thing. Creed has lot of this stuff that always end bringing the fans together.

What I FEEL is Creed is NOT done.

And the issue about Brian getting along with Tru and Flip again (everybody think it was Stapp, but all of them had the last straw with Brian) can come back. That would be the reason they never announced Brett, for a start.

Basically, most people that do think Creed is over are TREMONTI FANS, who are metal headed, and would like to see Mark going metal. Every other soul that's not like them, is mourning.

If you check mark-tremonti.net (don't confuse it to www.tremonti.net), they are all celebrating Creed is gone and Mark is flying "solo".
Old 11-21-2003, 05:11 PM   #12
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Blaize+11-21-2003 12:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Blaize @ 11-21-2003 12:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The feeling of anticipation of hearing that first note on stage and the sadness of hearing the last one. The smiles on the faces, the arms thrown up in the air in unison "One, oh One". [/b][/quote]
That has to be one of the bet openers ive heard in a long ass time. Not only was bullets the best choice as an opener, but the thunder before it added fuel to the fire.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:28 PM   #13
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I'm confused. I read the posts at the pit. While one of them did say "Creed as we know it has changed" ... another one specifically said "Creed is over". Was that part not true?

And all I know about Michael Tremonti's comments is that he corrected the heavy metal issue ... never confirmed or denied any of the other things mentioned.

What did you mean by "Michael said the shit hit the fan"? Did he say something else?
Old 11-21-2003, 05:46 PM   #14
Sheila63
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Blaize+11-21-2003 01:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Blaize @ 11-21-2003 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I am in denial too. It is not just because the band has "supposedly" broken up either. It's the lifestyle that goes along with being a fan of this band too. The meeting of other Creed fans, the sharing of concerts and stories. The road trips, the laughs, the tears. The feeling of anticipation of hearing that first note on stage and the sadness of hearing the last one. The smiles on the faces, the arms thrown up in the air in unison "One, oh One". All of these things come into factor here and to think it could all be over with is just something that I am personally not ready to deal with.
This band has touched me in a way that I didn't think possible. They have enriched my life with friends and experiences that will last a life time. The magic that they put off when they are together on that stage is untouchable. These are just some of the things I don't want to let go of......... [/b][/quote]
My sentiments exactly, Blazie. I feel the same way as the rest of you. This band and their music have added so much to my life. I have my crest tattoo and regardless of what happens, I'm so happy that I had it done. This might sound weird but to me, it's kind of a tribute to them and I'll never regret getting it.

Relearn Love
Old 11-21-2003, 06:23 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
creedlvr: Michael said that on the pit chat

I dunno why those idiots (j/k!!!) didn't copied and pasted the chat session...

he said that about the rumours going public