++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-11-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Boycott ABC!

This is an e-mail I recieved from a guy back home.
----------------------
Hi All

If more of us took a stand maybe we could have some decent TV programs.
-- Jim Neugent is a coach in Childress, Texas.

Jim writes:

My name is Jim Neugent. I wrote to ABC (on-line) concerning a program called "THE PRACTICE." In last nights episode, one of the lawyer's mothers decided she is gay and wanted her son to go to court and help her get a marriage license so she could marry her 'partner.' I sent the following letter to ABC yesterday and really did not expect a reply, but I did get one.

My original message was:

ABC is obsessed (or should I say abscessed) with the subject of homosexuality. I will no longer watch any of your attempts to convince the world that homosexuality is OK. THE PRACTICE can be a fairly good show, but last night's program was so typical of your agenda. You picked the 'dufus' of the office to be the one who was against the idea of his mother being gay and made him look like a whiner because he had convictions. This type of mentality calls people like me a "gay basher." Read the first chapter of Romans (that's in the Bible) and see what the apostle Paul had to say about it.... He, God and Jesus were all 'gaybashers'. What if she'd fallen in love with her cocker spaniel? Is that an alternative lifestyle? (By the way, the Bible speaks against that, too.)
--Jim Neugent

Here is ABC's reply from the ABC on-line webmaster:

How about getting your nose out of the Bible (which is ONLY a book of stories compiled by MANY different writers hundreds of years ago) and read the declaration of independence (what our nation is built on), where it says "All Men are Created equal," and try treating them that way for a change! Or better yet, try thinking for yourself and stop using an archaic book of stories as your lame crutch for your existence. You are in minority in this country and your boycott will not affect us or our freedom of statement..

Jim Neugent's second response to ABC:

Thanks for your reply. From your harsh reply, evidently I hit a nerve. I will share it with all with whom I come in contact. Hopefully,the Arkansas Democrat Newspaper will include it in one of their columns and I will be praying for you.
- -Jim Neugent

Note: Wouldn't Satan just love it if people stopped using the Bible for a crutch? Please resend this to everyone in your mailbox.

-- Thanks, Jim Neugent

I wonder if the person from ABC considered how many people would read this e-mail! This is one that should be passed on...
---------------------

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-11-2004, 06:25 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
I'm gonna pass that on right away! That's sick... what's wrong w/ having morals? I guess, according to people who change as society does, everything!

Old 03-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ABC_on-line_Webmaster) How about getting your nose out of the Bible (which is ONLY a book of stories compiled by MANY different writers hundreds of years ago) and read the declaration of independence (what our nation is built on), where it says "All Men are Created equal," and try treating them that way for a change! Or better yet, try thinking for yourself and stop using an archaic book of stories as your lame crutch for your existence. You are in minority in this country and your boycott will not affect us or our freedom of statement..

Actually I do agree with that webmaster... He/She could've put it a little more delicate though!!! This sounds too rude!

...And here we go again on the HOMOSEXUALITY-issue

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-11-2004, 06:40 PM   #4
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
if you dont like what's on, change the channel
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DangerousDan85) if you dont like what's on, change the channel
Old 03-11-2004, 07:14 PM   #6
Lechium
USER INFO »
If you dont like it -- dont watch it.
No need to make big deal out of PRIVATE channel running programming you personaly dislike.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) If you dont like it -- dont watch it.
No need to make big deal out of PRIVATE channel running programming you personaly dislike.

I agree. However I just want to point out that ABC is generally a liberal network. Ever watch their primetime news with Peter Jennings?

After looking through that email, I would be willing to bet this is a hoax. Someone wrote this and spread it around as a joke. I highly doubt the webmaster of ABC would reply to an individual e-mail, especially in that tone.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-11-2004, 07:54 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: After looking through that email, I would be willing to bet this is a hoax. Someone wrote this and spread it around as a joke. I highly doubt the webmaster of ABC would reply to an individual e-mail, especially in that tone

Heh, I was thinking the same thing, Steve.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:13 PM   #9
Luke4488
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I agree. However I just want to point out that ABC is generally a liberal network. Ever watch their primetime news with Peter Jennings?

After looking through that email, I would be willing to bet this is a hoax. Someone wrote this and spread it around as a joke. I highly doubt the webmaster of ABC would reply to an individual e-mail, especially in that tone.

I agree, and I cant stand that Peter Jennings guy! He really gets to me, he is an idiot. But H-D, i agree that if it is true it should be passed on.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Most TV news is useless anyway. It has nothing to do with actually informing people as much as it does money and ratings. I've just never been impressed with what I've seen of the talking heads on TV, which is why I don't watch it much...TV is a wasteland, IMHO .
Old 03-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #11
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Most TV news is useless anyway. It has nothing to do with actually informing people as much as it does money and ratings. I've just never been impressed with what I've seen of the talking heads on TV, which is why I don't watch it much...TV is a wasteland, IMHO .

Exactly. The only thing worthy on TV is HBO. The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, Dead Wood, On The Record with Bob Costas, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-11-2004, 08:25 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I've heard HBO is worthy, but I don't even have cable, so no HBO for me .
Old 03-11-2004, 08:47 PM   #13
RMadd
USER INFO »
Hey, Comedy Central's good shit, too. Everyone bashes everyone on there (Jon Stewart, South Park, Dave Chappelle, Reno 911... granted those are about the only shows they've got on there, they just repeat about 100 times a week).

Old 03-11-2004, 08:48 PM   #14
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Yeah, I've heard HBO is worthy, but I don't even have cable, so no HBO for me .
same here... for some reason, every other suite on our floor has HBO, but not ours... fuck!

Old 03-11-2004, 08:59 PM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I think you Americans take TV too seriously. So Janet Jackson showed her boobie... big deal. those who don't have a pair of them already saw them somewhere. and coz of that, they delay "live" awards 5 min to avoid embarassements... some stand for freedom so much that end up censoring it...

This smells like hipocrasy to me. Channel A is liberal, channel B isn't. so what? I think you're grown up enough to get information from both sides and separate the stuff you like better to make up your own mind.

And as far it's off topic, yes. The world is upside down. It seems like homossexuality is turning mandatory (the fashion is girls kissing girls).

If you don't like the TV schedule, just switch the channel. If tv doesn't get any audience, they change their programs.