++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-09-2004, 09:43 PM   #46
facelessman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Faith without works is dead. In other words, just because someone says they believe doesn't make it so. You must prove your worthiness. Just becuase everyone is loved by the Lord doesn't mean that you're guaranteed salvation. Prove you love, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

H-D
i was about to say that!
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 03-09-2004, 09:57 PM   #47
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Luke4488) What do you mean its dead? Didnt you ever read that in the Bible? It says that you cannot earn your way to heaven, and it says it clear as day multiple times. I dont have time now, so for some time tomorrow I will try to give you the verses.
try looking up James 2:17. know what youre talkin about b4 you speak
Old 03-09-2004, 09:57 PM   #48
facelessman
USER INFO »
in fact, read james 2:14-26. its all about works
Old 03-10-2004, 03:31 AM   #49
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Where to begin, where to begin...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Firstly, one of my professors here at school (not a mormon) taught me very early that in order to understand anything, you cannot only know the "what." You also have to know the "why." Anyone can say something that sounds intelligent, but you need the solid proof to back it up.
The what was the quote taken from Joseph smith that I posted where he claimed that all you guys are gods, and the why? Cos he wanted to be like God, and that is a sin, it got Lucifer thrown out of heaven.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) During that period of history, mythological healing was practiced by many.
Yeh and it was wrong, and it was evil, and God made it very clear that He didnt want His people to be messing with that stuff.

BTW the Urim and thummin had no magic powers. They knew that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I never knew Joseph liked calling himself Enoch.
It's in Doctrine and Covenants.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) We don't teach that Jesus had wives. All we know is what has been written. Nothing has been written by any church official that says he did.
All U know is what has been written? Have U read it all? Have U read the uncut stuff? The writings change, even your statues change. Ask your leaders about the offering of Cain statue, I bet they deny it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) It is believed (through revelation of Moses) that heaven IS the star of Kolob. It is where heaven is. God and Jesus live in Heaven. Where do you believe heaven is? If it is in the clouds, why have I not seen God when I've flown in an airplane? We cannot have "celestial children" as we wish. Children can ONLY be concieved on earth. There is no "making babies" in heaven.
That comment on the clouds was lame. And heaven aint the planet Kolob. Theres nothing in the Bible that says that.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I have heard of no teaching that says we have our own planets. Yes, we can become gods, but we don't rule ourselves. Addressing your next point again, women will have the same capibilities, and will not be bearing children in heaven.
Listen, I know that U are an intelligent person. Your writings show this, but you need to research the history of your faith alot more.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) How can people claim that a church founded on the principles of God and Jesus Christ and their unconditional love for us, and that we can all return to live with them someday be an appostate and worship a devil?
LOVE? What of shedding someone's blood as pardon for sin? Journal Of Discourses Vol 4 says that shedding someone's blood is loving our neighbour as ourselves! This is the history of your faith!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I have never heard of the prophecies being edited. What do you mean "Egyptian stuff"?
The papyrus fragments that U now know as The Pearl of Great Price. It seems that Egyptologists totally disagree with his translations.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) He also says that Mormonism and Judiasm are extremly similar, and though he doesn't believe in the BoM, he has great respect for it. He has a doctrate in History and has studdied over 50 religions. Do you want me to believe now that Judiasm, one of the world's oldest religions, is an appostacy?
The similarities are in the rules taught by the authorities, that were not the Law, just extra rules and regulations added to the truth, kinda like U guys, yeh.

Your young religion's books cannot compare with the Bible, no matter what your professor says.

I dont know what I'm talking about? Thats crazy. You are smart. use your brain! I'm worried about U! Research more, seek and U shall find.

I'll leave the quotes concerning faith without works, cos they will be answered.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) The idea of Monotheism began thousands of years ago with the Hebrews around 1600 BCE, or 3600 years ago. Before that, to the Assyrians, Mesopotamians, Egyptians, and many others, were Polytheistic. Even that has changed. Which is correct?

The belief of many Gods, not just one God?
Which is correct? Lets have a look in your King James bible eh?
Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me.

Isaiah 46:5
5To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

You guys think that U will be god's right? It's not biblical dude!
Want more proof:

Isaiah 43:10
10Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Your doctrine contradicts the true word of God. If your god belives that anyone can be God, your god is a false god and not the God of the Bible. You are not Christian. Your Christ is not Jesus Christ, The Savior.

ROCK HARD!!!

Last edited by Sincirr : 03-10-2004 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:36 AM   #50
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Here's another hour of readin 4 ya.
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) Do you believe in magic? haha .
It would be foolish to say that magic does not have power. The fact that the mormon church still exists today proves that. No I do not like it, or indulge in it, because the bible states that it's practices are attestible to God. Joseph Smith would have read that and shouldnt have been wearing the talisman. If he was such a LEADER, he should have been setting an example! U DONT MESS WITH MAGIC!

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) no we dont, who told you that? agian, anotherone of your false information
It's not false. U have no idea about the truth of your relilgion. Your leaders are hiding the truth from you. Have they bothered to fill U in on the whole blood covenant thing, or shall I?

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) no, thats not what kolob is. again youve been wrongly informed
It's a star.

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) yeah, then what do we have to look forward to in Eternity?
Why are U asking me? That is YOUR CHURCHES BELIEF! Where do U think I got it from???

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) no. wrong again. we believe in eternal married. meaning that when you get married here on earth, it lasts all eternity, and you can spent all eternity with you spouse and children. doent that sound good? spending all eternity with the ppl you love.
Man are they taking U 4 a ride. If U really knew the truth, U wouldnt have anything to do with the LDS.

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) so what is this life for? its a probationary period.
Again, its your beliefs. Actually, print my stuff and go ask your leaders about it and see what they say. What are U even doing listeining to Creed, arent U only allowed to listen to stuff that is church approved?

See, it seems that only past generations actually know what your faith is really about, what goes on behind your walls. I have heard firsthand about the planet thing! Why should I believe a word U say! Youre probably hiding the truth!

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) yeah, what does moses have to do with what we see in these days. moses was given revelation to deal with the issues of that day, and the prophet of today (Gordon b. Hinkley) is given revelation to deal with issues of these days.
After Moses died, his "revelations" didnt die with him. They lasted till the new covenant. Quite a long time before it was changed. Not like U guys!

Truly, your religion is very different to the begining of mormonism. We havent even gone into the whole multiple wives on earth issue yet, which had something to do with why your Joseph died didn't it?

Joseph's prison door was left unlocked and supposedly Jo fired a pistol at some of the angry mob that was coming after him, and in the exchange of gunfire, Jo and his brother were killed, to answer your remark...

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) so youre telling me that it was not possible for wicked men to get their hands on the bible, and translate it as they please. news flash for you: it happened. many plain and precious things were taken out. plus, we dont discredit all translations of the bible. we do use the king james version.
Many precious things were taken out of Joseph Smith's prophecies as well, which would have proven that he WASNT a prophet of God, and we wouldnt have this huge mess that we do today!

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) so heres my conclusion. b4 you think you know about our religion, maybe you should read the book of mormon, maybe you should talk to missionaries, and maybe then youll find out the truth.
Who says I havent taked to your trained missionaries.

Do U call your higher leaders bishops? Well a guy up quite high in the ranks that left your church, his family left him as a result, so much for your whole family policy, has told me stuff about you guys that U dont even know yet. I hope U find the truth and the truth makes U free.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-10-2004, 12:08 PM   #51
creedsister
USER INFO »
Come on come on!!!!

Rocking Post Sincirr but what hurts me the most. is that these guys Are Allright. That Got Strong Will Which I love. And its A Damn Shame That Satan Has Lead The Precious Souls To A False Mixed. Up Doctrine And Crap. But Im praying For theme Both. You have Put A lot of time sincirr your posts buddy thats Cool To God But let shead some. Light Which i may Be A bit Out of line. Even these Guys here Dan And H.D it sounds like there not listening At All. But Even They dont Say Here. Something Inside Of theme Is Coming Around. Its That Peace Inside us All. ...Only That Peace Can Lead U To The Truth my Friends. Its That High Magic Come on Come On!!! Go Here>>> St John Chapter.14>25>31..And Sometimes There Is A Wall Of Relgions That Was Brought on B/c Hey Thats Just The Way We Was Raised!! but another Good Way To Get out Of the Wall Of Crap Is this If You Will>>St Matt>.Ch 15 Read It Guys!! And We Dont Become Gods People!! Theres Only one God like Sincirr Said From Isa. But That Does not Mean That God Does not hold his Elite Higher Than Most!!!If >>my Jesus Told A women In the Bible That He Could Not Judge Or Give Her Sons A place Beside The left or The Right Of His Father Throne He Said That Only His Father Could Give That Place!!! And Again About Faith Without Works. Yes Faith without Works Is Dead!! So Therfore if you Works Be Dead So Shall Your reward The More U Do For Gods Children The More U Have Set In his Is Favor!! But You Got To Want To!!!And Another Thing The Many Are Called!!! But The Chosen are Few!!! And There Royalty In The kingdom Of God!! which U guys Seem To wanna Be Gods but ya see The chosen does not Bost about These Things!! they Just Want Help Jesus Give His Children Life And Peace And A little Wisdom !!! To Get through life!! We try To help Each Other!!! So Guys Maybe Some One Wants To Use U Guys And Trying To Tell My Children I love You Follow Me!!! Im The Truth The way In the Life AND THERE IS ONLY ONE BOOK THATS MADE KNOWN TO MAN OF ME!!! HOLY BIBLE!!! HEs At The Door People To u Hearts In these Desprate Hours Knock And It Shall be Open!!!HE THAT HATH EAR LET HIM HEAR WHAT THE SPIRT SAITH UNTO HIM UN To The Churches!!!! VOICE AND OPEN THE DOOR I WILL COME IN TO HIM AND WILL SUP WITH HIM AND HIM WITH ME TO HIM THAT OVERCOMETH I WILL GRANT TO SIT WITH ME IN MY THRONE COME ON PEOPLE!!! EVEN AS I OVERCAME AND AM SET DOWN WITH MY FATHER IN HIS THRONE And Again!!! HE THAT HATH AN EAR LET HIM HEAR WHAT THE SPIRT SAITH UNTO THE CHURCHES Thats mormons Too!!! And I know some of you out there got Ears Your Not Deaf!!! Hey B/c U Love Creed !!!! LOL They Just Need Whashed Out A little!!!...Be Hold I Come Quickly!!!REV 22 >Verse 7.21............PEACE Be With U all!!! ROCK ON!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-10-2004, 12:47 PM   #52
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Well I was having a discussion today with some of my friends according this Mormon-thing and other religions too. You want to know what one of them said??? That the word Mormon translated in Chinese means "gates of hell"... how scary is that??? Just wanted to share this... No offense please!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-10-2004, 01:05 PM   #53
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Well I was having a discussion today with some of my friends according this Mormon-thing and other religions too. You want to know what one of them said??? That the word Mormon translated in Chinese means "gates of hell"... how scary is that??? Just wanted to share this... No offense please!
I know!! It All Leads to Hell When Ur Away From The Armour Of God!! Were Naked And Rite Open for Hells Demons To Come And Gives us Some really Bad Days!!! thy sheild thy buckling Thy Armour!!! Which Is Sharper Than A 2 Edged Sword That protects His babys From hell gates!!! Which Is The Holybible I Got To Shutup Now. Or Else I Wont!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS U ALL!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #54
facelessman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Well I was having a discussion today with some of my friends according this Mormon-thing and other religions too. You want to know what one of them said??? That the word Mormon translated in Chinese means "gates of hell"... how scary is that??? Just wanted to share this... No offense please!
Mormon was a name of the person that abridged the BOM...its not really out name. we rather be called LDS
Old 03-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #55
facelessman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) It's not false. U have no idea about the truth of your relilgion. Your leaders are hiding the truth from you. Have they bothered to fill U in on the whole blood covenant thing, or shall I?.

our leaders? youre acting like our leaders are some beaucratic(sp?) organizations. i know PERSONALY some of my leaders, and its nothing like that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Man are they taking U 4 a ride. If U really knew the truth, U wouldnt have anything to do with the LDS.?.

if they are, im enjoying it. maybe you should join in the fun
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) What are U even doing listeining to Creed, arent U only allowed to listen to stuff that is church approved?
i can listen to marilyn manson if i want to. its all about free agnecy
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) See, it seems that only past generations actually know what your faith is really about, what goes on behind your walls. I have heard firsthand about the planet thing! Why should I believe a word U say! Youre probably hiding the truth!
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) you can listen to whatever you want to
After Moses died, his "revelations" didnt die with him. They lasted till the new covenant. Quite a long time before it was changed. Not like U guys! ?
yeah, the law of moses, what about it?
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Truly, your religion is very different to the begining of mormonism. We havent even gone into the whole multiple wives on earth issue yet, which had something to do with why your Joseph died didn't it??
did Abraham not have 2 wives?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Who says I havent taked to your trained missionaries. ??

ive been training to be a missionary for 6 months, so i guess you have. its not like it matters anyway, you dont listen to what we have to say.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Do U call your higher leaders bishops? Well a guy up quite high in the ranks that left your church, his family left him as a result, so much for your whole family policy, .
yes we do call them bishops, but thats just on the ward level. anyway, who said families in out church are perfect. yes, we emphasize the importants of families, but satan tries all he can to destroy them, and sometimes he suceeds. i know divorced families, adn they are still strong in the church.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:30 PM   #56
Luke4488
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Faith without works is dead. In other words, just because someone says they believe doesn't make it so. You must prove your worthiness. Just becuase everyone is loved by the Lord doesn't mean that you're guaranteed salvation. Prove you love, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Read Ephesians 2:1-10 and Titus 3:3-8 and Romans 3:21-5:11, and Galatians 2-3.
I also have a question for you. If you could earn your way to heaven, why did Jesus have to die? You cant earn your way to heaven, plain and simple.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:41 PM   #57
Luke4488
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) try looking up James 2:17. know what youre talkin about b4 you speak

Try reading more than just one verse. The whole thing means that just because you say, "I believe in God" doesnt mean you are going to heaven. Even Satan and his demons know and believe there is a God. James 2:22 says that that your faith and actions must work together, meaning once you accept Christ, you have to start cleaning up your act and stop sinning. Although everyone that ever lived on this earth has sinned, except Christ himself. Accept Christ, and then show it, good deeds alone will not get you into heaven. Read James 2:14-26. Try not to pick one verse or part of a verse and manipulate it to what you want it to say. Read more and get the whole picture.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #58
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Where to begin, where to begin...

The what was the quote taken from Joseph smith that I posted where he claimed that all you guys are gods, and the why? Cos he wanted to be like God, and that is a sin, it got Lucifer thrown out of heaven.
Lucifer was not thrown out of heaven for wanting to be like God. He wanted to force people to do the right thing. That was the opposite of what God wanted. It is not a sin to try to be like God. However, it is a sin to want to be God. There's a difference. Acting in his ways (kindness, charity, love, etc.) is not a sin.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Yeh and it was wrong, and it was evil, and God made it very clear that He didnt want His people to be messing with that stuff.

BTW the Urim and thummin had no magic powers. They knew that.
They did not view it as a sin because it was a cultural practice. They didn't know it was wrong. They thought it healed. It was what was taught. I know the Urim and Thummum had no magic powers. As I said, they were the FOCAL point while praying. They would look at it like we bow our head, close our eyes, and either clasp our hands or fold our arms.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) It's in Doctrine and Covenants.
Give me a reference. There's a lot of stuff in there.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) All U know is what has been written? Have U read it all? Have U read the uncut stuff? The writings change, even your statues change. Ask your leaders about the offering of Cain statue, I bet they deny it.
The only stuff that has been cut has been cut by people who are acting out against the church and trying to play with the teachings, such as what you are doing now.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) That comment on the clouds was lame. And heaven aint the planet Kolob. Theres nothing in the Bible that says that.
Where do you believe heaven is?

[quote=Sincirr]Listen, I know that U are an intelligent person. Your writings show this, but you need to research the history of your faith alot more.
No, you need to learn the history of why things that happened did happen.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) LOVE? What of shedding someone's blood as pardon for sin? Journal Of Discourses Vol 4 says that shedding someone's blood is loving our neighbour as ourselves! This is the history of your faith!
"Greater love hath no man than this, than a man lay down his life for his friends." It does not say that the way to happiness is killing people.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The papyrus fragments that U now know as The Pearl of Great Price. It seems that Egyptologists totally disagree with his translations.
So what's the problem?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The similarities are in the rules taught by the authorities, that were not the Law, just extra rules and regulations added to the truth, kinda like U guys, yeh.
Laws have not been changed. Take modesty, for example. As a whole, it could mean many things. I don't think that saying today's clothing of tube tops and tons of piercings is immodest is a bad thing. Just like I said how times change, clothes do too. The world is not the same place it was 100 or even only 50 years ago. Just like how amendments to the constitution are changing America.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Your young religion's books cannot compare with the Bible, no matter what your professor says.
Parallels are everywhere in todays world tieing many religions together. Yes the Bible is the most inspirational book that is most widely accepted by the masses, and accepted by who aren't even religious, but what's wrong with more spiritual guidance?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I dont know what I'm talking about? Thats crazy. You are smart. use your brain! I'm worried about U! Research more, seek and U shall find.
Like I said, you know the "what" but not the "why." You can't look for doctrinal teachings in Anti-Mormon material. You can find falseness anywhere you look. You can even twist George Bush's words around and make him sound like the leader of Al Qieda.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I'll leave the quotes concerning faith without works, cos they will be answered.
OK.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The belief of many Gods, not just one God?
Which is correct? Lets have a look in your King James bible eh?
Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me.

Isaiah 46:5
5To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

You guys think that U will be god's right? It's not biblical dude!
Of course there is none as great as God and no person will ever be God. There is only one head-honcho God. We become LIKE him. We don't BECOME him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Want more proof:

Isaiah 43:10
10Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Your doctrine contradicts the true word of God. If your god belives that anyone can be God, your god is a false god and not the God of the Bible. You are not Christian. Your Christ is not Jesus Christ, The Savior.
Again, when you die, you can become A God. not THE God. You will have the power. We will forever be SERVANTS of God. We will be able to do all things LIKE him and may be commanded to, but can't go galivanting off and doing whatever we want whenever we want. And what I wrote about the Monotheistic/Polythestic views was from BEFORE the Bible was written. There's no use trying to prove it with the Bible.
I AM Christian. My Christ is Jesus Christ, The Savior. Ruler of the world as spoken of in the Old and New Testaments. He was born of Mary and Joseph in a manger in Bethlahem. He taught the will of his father when he was on earth. He died on the cross so man could live again.

Here are my questions for you, Sincirr.
1.) How did the Bible come about?
2.) (for the third time) What religion do YOU believe in?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Luke4488) I also have a question for you. If you could earn your way to heaven, why did Jesus have to die? You cant earn your way to heaven, plain and simple.
Jesus died to open the gates to heaven. Only the most perfect could do it. No person who ever had, is, or will live on the earth was perfect enough to do such a great task.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Luke4488) Try reading more than just one verse. The whole thing means that just because you say, "I believe in God" doesnt mean you are going to heaven. Even Satan and his demons know and believe there is a God. James 2:22 says that that your faith and actions must work together, meaning once you accept Christ, you have to start cleaning up your act and stop sinning. Although everyone that ever lived on this earth has sinned, except Christ himself. Accept Christ, and then show it, good deeds alone will not get you into heaven. Read James 2:14-26. Try not to pick one verse or part of a verse and manipulate it to what you want it to say. Read more and get the whole picture.
I know. That's what I told you. You must prove your love. Just saying "I believe!" is not enough.

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) what hurts me the most. is that these guys Are Allright. That Got Strong Will Which I love. And its A Damn Shame That Satan Has Lead The Precious Souls To A False Mixed. Up Doctrine And Crap. But Im praying For theme Both. You have Put A lot of time sincirr your posts buddy thats Cool To God But let shead some. Light Which i may Be A bit Out of line. Even these Guys here Dan And H.D it sounds like there not listening At All. But Even They dont Say Here. Something Inside Of theme Is Coming Around. Its That Peace Inside us All. ...Only That Peace Can Lead U To The Truth my Friends. Its That High Magic Come on Come On!!! Go Here>>> St John Chapter.14>25>31..And Sometimes There Is A Wall Of Relgions That Was Brought on B/c Hey Thats Just The Way We Was Raised!!
No, I'm not listening, because I don't listen to false information. I am only expounding on what was said to give the WHOLE story. The shame is that people don't listen. Quit saying that we believe in magic! WE DON'T! You don't need to pray for us.

Jesus taught "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." No mortal person is perfect. You are casting stones at us for believing what we do, therefore, you must be perfect. Since you are perfect, you must be God. If you are indeed perfect, than continue throwing stones at me until I am dead. The Lord will judge as he sees fit. If he finds me worshiping him in my chosen manner a sin, then let him cast me down dead it in pit of eternal fire.

H=D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-10-2004, 09:29 PM   #59
Luke4488
USER INFO »
Oh yes. Now its my turn for a long post. Sincirr, any help or pointing out something i missed would be very appreciated. I want to be as accurate and correct as possible. I dont want to misinform anyone.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Lucifer was not thrown out of heaven for wanting to be like God. He wanted to force people to do the right thing. That was the opposite of what God wanted. It is not a sin to try to be like God. However, it is a sin to want to be God. There's a difference. Acting in his ways (kindness, charity, love, etc.) is not a sin.

You cannot possibly believe that. Satan was not thrown out of heaven because he wanted to force people to do the right thing. Satan is evil, he wants you to do wrong, not good. He used to be an angel, but he blew it when he wanted to be like God. So God cast him out of heaven to rule hell. And no, Satan is not in hell right now. He is running around the earth getting unbelievers to do more sin and try to make believers lives miserable. But one day, after the final battle, God will win over Satan once and for all and Satan, his demons, and unbelievers will be locked in hell forever. Read Revelation.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Where do you believe heaven is?

Heaven is where you go when you die if you are saved. If heaven was on some planet, you could go there on some rocket ship, so what would the purpose of life on earth be if you could travel to heaven? There is only one way to heaven, through Christ.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) "Greater love hath no man than this, than a man lay down his life for his friends." It does not say that the way to happiness is killing people?

If your Journal Of Discourses Vol 4 says that shedding someone's blood is loving our neighbour as ourselves I think that is absolutely stupid. It contradicts that verse that u used H-D.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) So what's the problem

Problem is that he translated it his way instead of the right way. Isnt that so convenient?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Parallels are everywhere in todays world tieing many religions together. Yes the Bible is the most inspirational book that is most widely accepted by the masses, and accepted by who aren't even religious, but what's wrong with more spiritual guidance?

Well, the religious guidance has to be correct first of all. And you cant tie religions together. A one world religion is what will happen after the Rapture when we born-again Christians are taken away by Jesus himself up into heaven. If you are a true 'Christian' you wont compromise with the rest of the world, because what the Bible says doesnt change over time, humans change, but God and the Bible, they stay the same.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Like I said, you know the "what" but not the "why." You can't look for doctrinal teachings in Anti-Mormon material. You can find falseness anywhere you look. You can even twist George Bush's words around and make him sound like the leader of Al Qieda.

You cant find falseness in the Bible. But it seems like many things in the books the Mormons use almost always contradicts with the Bible. The Bible isnt false, so anything that contradicts it must be.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Of course there is none as great as God and no person will ever be God. There is only one head-honcho God. We become LIKE him. We don't BECOME him.

You are right about one thing, God is great and no person will ever be God. We dont become Him, nor do we become like Him. In heaven we will reign with Him as Kings. But we will never become gods. NEVER!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Again, when you die, you can become A God. not THE God. You will have the power. We will forever be SERVANTS of God. We will be able to do all things LIKE him and may be commanded to, but can't go galivanting off and doing whatever we want whenever we want. And what I wrote about the Monotheistic/Polythestic views was from BEFORE the Bible was written. There's no use trying to prove it with the Bible.
I AM Christian. My Christ is Jesus Christ, The Savior. Ruler of the world as spoken of in the Old and New Testaments. He was born of Mary and Joseph in a manger in Bethlahem. He taught the will of his father when he was on earth. He died on the cross so man could live again.

Again we will reign with God in heaven forever when we get there. But we will NOT become gods.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:04 AM   #60
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Phew! Thanks for that. I really didnt wanna have to answer all that again. Good Job. I also like baseball and playing guitar! Cool! What team U go 4? U can pm me if its the Yankees and U R scared, LOL!

I will also add that H-D's words, "You cant look for doctrinal teaching in anti-mormon material" is unfair, since I have been quoting heaps of mormon teachings.

Also H-D, I have a reference for the info on Doctrine and Covenants, but I would rather U read the stuff and know more about your faith. Please look into teaching material from Brigham Young's books, as they do contain stuff about getting your own planet, as do other books still used.

MORMONS: Listen, please. I know I've made U mad, and you hold your teaching's dear, but there are some things that you wont know untill you are imbedded in your religion far enough. You wont be told, and U will go about your faith believing that U know all there is to it, but IM SERIOUS! This stuff is true. The planet stuff is true! I know you will never believe me, or take the word of someone that has left your faith because heck, U aren't even sposed to speak to them, but I'm telling U, this guy that I know was up in the ranks! He knows what was going on!

Also, dont be afraid of non-mormon's researching your stuff and their opinions; Don't heed the warnings from other members, Cos I know that no matter what these non-Christian researchers etc. say about the bible, it's based on fact, and I'm not afraid of what they find. Some I have found confronting, but dont be afraid to research. U should be free to do so.

Also, if U decide to leave your church, the declaration that ends with, "...and I cut of all ties from Jesus Christ" is a lie. Cos the true Jesus would be waiting with His arms open.

You may hate my guts, but I wont allow U guys to work your way up and it be too late. Demand the truth from your leaders, dont be intimidated by them! Ask them about what I have said. Hate me but please do it.

ROCK HARD!!!