++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-09-2004, 12:18 PM   #31
facelessman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) No, I would never read the BOM all together cos there are way too many links to Joseph Smith (the founder)'s tie with the MASONIC! J.S.Jr. had a masonic jupiter talisman around his neck when he died. This talisman is documented in a magic book printed in 1801, as said to give the ability to call upon the celestial intelligences assigned to that particular talisman, to assist one in all endeavours. There were 3 names written on Joseph's talisman, and they were some of these spirits. It would give the wearer riches, favour and power. .
Do you believe in magic? haha

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I also wont read it cos I dont believe that Jesus, as mormons believe, had WIVES! I dont believe that he was married to Mary, Martha, and Mary Magdelene and had kids. How come Matthew Mark Luke and John never mentioned them???.
no we dont, who told you that? agian, anotherone of your false information

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I also belive that My Father who art in Heaven, is not on a planet near a mysterious star called Kolob, making celestial children as your beliefs insist! If that's the truth, I have drawn my own conclusion!.

no, thats not what kolob is. again youve been wrongly informed

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Your doctrine of the law of eternal progression also states:
As man is, God was
And as God is, man may become..

yeah, then what do we have to look forward to in Eternity?
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Mormon women cannot become god's only godesses, who's role it is to eternally bear children as one of many wives to a god-husband. This was the teaching in your church, unless they have changed it as well. .
no. wrong again. we believe in eternal married. meaning that when you get married here on earth, it lasts all eternity, and you can spent all eternity with you spouse and children. doent that sound good? spending all eternity with the ppl you love.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Also concerning the vote that was taken to see whether Lucifer or his "brother" Jesus would become the saviour of this new world Earth, I dont understand how any mormon can say U follow the bible and then claim that Jesus said that everyone would be tested to be sure that they were worthy of living in Heaven again. Have U not read Romans? Go study it, or are U too scared?.
so what is this life for? its a probationary period.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) But its all okay now, whether true or not, cos an alive prophet is more important than a dead one, so U can change it all. They are allowed into the priesthood. And that breaks my heart!.
yeah, what does moses have to do with what we see in these days. moses was given revelation to deal with the issues of that day, and the prophet of today (Gordon b. Hinkley) is given revelation to deal with issues of these days.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly."
Well that is just so convenient. Oh come on!!!! As far as your religion believes, every translation is apostate! Your Orson Pratt said himself, " Who in their right mind, could for one moment, suppose the Bible in it's present form to be a perfect guide? Who knows that even one verse of the whole Bible has escaped pollution..." So yeh, you guys can believe the Bible to be the word of God as long as its translated correctly! Or do U guys have your own translation of the Bible as well? I'd love to get my hands on it.
so youre telling me that it was not possible for wicked men to get their hands on the bible, and translate it as they please. news flash for you: it happened. many plain and precious things were taken out. plus, we dont discredit all translations of the bible. we do use the king james version.

so heres my conclusion. b4 you think you know about our religion, maybe you should read the book of mormon, maybe you should talk to missionaries, and maybe then youll find out the truth.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new

Last edited by facelessman : 03-09-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:37 PM   #32
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
do you even know how joseph smith died?
Old 03-09-2004, 01:36 PM   #33
creedsister
USER INFO »
Nice post Sincirr!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-09-2004, 01:44 PM   #34
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) Do you believe in magic? haha

no we dont, who told you that? agian, anotherone of your false information

no, thats not what kolob is. again youve been wrongly informed

yeah, then what do we have to look forward to in Eternity?

no. wrong again. we believe in eternal married. meaning that when you get married here on earth, it lasts all eternity, and you can spent all eternity with you spouse and children. doent that sound good? spending all eternity with the ppl you love.

so what is this life for? its a probationary period.

yeah, what does moses have to do with what we see in these days. moses was given revelation to deal with the issues of that day, and the prophet of today (Gordon b. Hinkley) is given revelation to deal with issues of these days.

so youre telling me that it was not possible for wicked men to get their hands on the bible, and translate it as they please. news flash for you: it happened. many plain and precious things were taken out. plus, we dont discredit all translations of the bible. we do use the king james version.

so heres my conclusion. b4 you think you know about our religion, maybe you should read the book of mormon, maybe you should talk to missionaries, and maybe then youll find out the truth.
What I see Here Theres Only One Truth And One way And One Book What These other Books Are Is Confusion!!! And A lot Of prophets Gone Fricking Mad With No Balance From The Flesh And The Spirt It Happens!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #35
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Rest my Case
Old 03-09-2004, 01:47 PM   #36
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Love you sis!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #37
Luke4488
USER INFO »
good post sincirr.

One other thing that is wrong with the mormon religion is that they believe that they can become gods by working hard all their life. Not true. First off, humans can never become gods, and you cant work your way into heaven. Salvation is a gift from the one true God. To get into heaven all u have to do is accept it. Read the New Testament. Jesus said "No one gets to the Father except through me." He didnt say that you can earn your way to heaven.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:52 PM   #38
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Love you sis! U2 Not the band Just u2 !!!! ROCK ON!!! Stef :jam

Old 03-09-2004, 06:31 PM   #39
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Wow. That took the better part of an hour to read. Where to begin, where to begin...

Firstly, one of my professors here at school (not a mormon) taught me very early that in order to understand anything, you cannot only know the "what." You also have to know the "why." Anyone can say something that sounds intelligent, but you need the solid proof to back it up.

Although there is truth to Joseph having a talisman, it is not all as you explained it. Whether he had it around his neck when he died, I don't know, but what I do know is this. During that period of history, mythological healing was practiced by many. Joseph's mother was Presbiterian. His father was Methodist. Good luck charms were widely used. One such example is that it was believed you could cure warts by having someone rub a cut up onion on it, say some sort of Greek or Roman prayer, throw the onion out the door, and you would be fine. We look at that as "whoa, those people were weird." When in reality, at the time, it was not. Just as taking medicine today is practiced, people in a hundred years may look at us like we were weird for what we put in it. These types of healings are also spoken of in the Bible. The plant known as Balm of Gillead was a healing plant. Also in Biblical times, you can read of Urims and Thummims. They were essentially Prayer Rocks. When people would pray, these these rocks (that they would go outside and find) were the focal point. Now what do we do? Clasp our hands or fold our arms, close our eyes, and bow are head. Times change. If he was indeed burried with the Talisman, in the end, is not up to him, but up to whoever prepared his body for burrial. Probably Emma Smith.

I never knew Joseph liked calling himself Enoch. If a story has a parallel... whoopdy doo. Many stories do. Many stories of the early Assyrians and Phenocians (as written in Homer's Illiad and Oddyssey) were believed to be myths, yet historians are proving as true. Maybe this is just one more.

We don't teach that Jesus had wives. All we know is what has been written. Nothing has been written by any church official that says he did.

It is believed (through revelation of Moses) that heaven IS the star of Kolob. It is where heaven is. God and Jesus live in Heaven. Where do you believe heaven is? If it is in the clouds, why have I not seen God when I've flown in an airplane? We cannot have "celestial children" as we wish. Children can ONLY be concieved on earth. There is no "making babies" in heaven.

I have heard of no teaching that says we have our own planets. Yes, we can become gods, but we don't rule ourselves. Take this for example. If you work on a construction site and want to do work on the roof, you have to check with your foreman to see if it's ok or if he wants you to work on siding. Just because we believe that ALL PEOPLE will become as gods, not only mormons. Just becuase you have the power, doesn't mean thats all you spend your time doing. Addressing your next point again, women will have the same capibilities, and will not be bearing children in heaven.

There was not "vote" between Lucifer and Jesus. Jesus said that God's will would be done. Lucifer wanted his way. God chose Jesus. Yes, I have read Romans. One of my favorite Bible verses is Romans 1:16.

The Mark of Cain is not necessarilly literal. What it means is that he was in some way marked that other's would know what he had done. Yes, at one time many believed that this "blackness" was literal. Although blacks were allowed into the church, they could not hold the priesthood until it was better understood that ALL worthy men could hold the priesthood. The church is of God and not founded on biggotry. How can people claim that a church founded on the principles of God and Jesus Christ and their unconditional love for us, and that we can all return to live with them someday be an appostate and worship a devil?

Things don't change with a prophet dies and another is called. They recieve revelation from Jesus and God and uphold the church. There was a lot of controversy in the Church when Spencer W. Kimball recieved the revelation that blacks could hold the priesthood and many people left the church because of it. Equal rights are different today than they were a hundred years ago. Just like what I addressed before about medicine. In the Old Testament, the people would offer burnt sacrifices to God. We don't do that anymore. Do you think we should? Since God wanted it and now it's all different?

I have never heard of the prophecies being edited. What do you mean "Egyptian stuff"?

We believe that the most correct translation of the Bible (other than the original Hebrew and Greek versions) is the King James Bible. You can go buy it at any bookseller. Over time, language changes. The King James Bible is not the first english translation. There were many before that. King James had it translated in 1666 by 24 scholars. We believe it to be the most correct. The New International Verson, the New King James, the New Revised Standard, and all the rest, although good, are different from the original. Things that would be said then now have different meanings. Not in all, but many aspects. The King James Version is not even 100%, so to copy in in modern-day language changes even more. A professor of mine who is Jewish has commented that although the King James is very good, it's not as accurate as the original Hebrew. He also says that Mormonism and Judiasm are extremly similar, and though he doesn't believe in the BoM, he has great respect for it. He has a doctrate in History and has studdied over 50 religions. Do you want me to believe now that Judiasm, one of the world's oldest religions, is an appostacy?

BYI? I think you mean BYU. It stands for Brigham Young University. Anyone can attend it if they so choose. Just like any other school. Institute is a program that is taught where there is no LDS run school. Here on my campus, for example. Trust me. BYU is fine. I'm telling you all this because you DON'T know what you are talking about. Like I said in the beginning, to know what you are talking about, you can't only know the what, but also the why.

The idea of Monotheism began thousands of years ago with the Hebrews around 1600 BCE, or 3600 years ago. Before that, to the Assyrians, Mesopotamians, Egyptians, and many others, were Polytheistic. Even that has changed. Which is correct? The bible doesn't date back that far. The bible is based in Judiasm.

In old days, people use to use a stick to find water in the ground. Sounds ludacris, right? We have little to no need to do that today, therefore it was stupid they thought they could do that. In the book of Isiah, we are taught that Jesus is the stick of the redeemer and will lead us to everlasting waters.

1 Samuel 16:7 states that men judge based on the outward appearance, but the Lord judges based on the intentions of the heart. Our intentions are good. All the people of the world will be judged according to his or her own actions. If we (all people of the world) do what we should, as governed by God, we will live with him again someday.

One last teaching of Jesus Christ: "Judge not lest ye be judged." Come back anytime with more brain-busters.

Just out of curiosity, what religion do you believe in?

H-D

Facelessman -- Thanks for your input as well.

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-09-2004, 06:35 PM   #40
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Luke4488) good post sincirr.

One other thing that is wrong with the mormon religion is that they believe that they can become gods by working hard all their life. Not true. First off, humans can never become gods, and you cant work your way into heaven. Salvation is a gift from the one true God. To get into heaven all u have to do is accept it. Read the New Testament. Jesus said "No one gets to the Father except through me." He didnt say that you can earn your way to heaven.
Faith without works is dead. In other words, just because someone says they believe doesn't make it so. You must prove your worthiness. Just becuase everyone is loved by the Lord doesn't mean that you're guaranteed salvation. Prove you love, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

H-D

Old 03-09-2004, 07:57 PM   #41
Luke4488
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Faith without works is dead. In other words, just because someone says they believe doesn't make it so. You must prove your worthiness. Just becuase everyone is loved by the Lord doesn't mean that you're guaranteed salvation. Prove you love, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

What do you mean its dead? Didnt you ever read that in the Bible? It says that you cannot earn your way to heaven, and it says it clear as day multiple times. I dont have time now, so for some time tomorrow I will try to give you the verses.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:27 PM   #42
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Hmmm... I was just daydreaming... A dude-planet would be AWESOME!!! Where I would be a GODDESS and where males are only there to comfort me

LMAO!!! Sorry guys... I don't believe in fairytales anymore!

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 03-09-2004, 09:01 PM   #43
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Hmmm... I was just daydreaming... A dude-planet would be AWESOME!!! Where I would be a GODDESS and where males are only there to comfort me

LMAO!!! Sorry guys... I don't believe in fairytales anymore!
If you've read the previous posts by either myself of Faceless, you know that the whole concept IS a fairy tale. Those planets do not exist and the Church does not teach that they exist.

H-D

Old 03-09-2004, 09:19 PM   #44
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) If you've read the previous posts by either myself of Faceless, you know that the whole concept IS a fairy tale. Those planets do not exist and the Church does not teach that they exist.

That's too bad I would have loved the idea though

But where do these so called nonsense came from??? Out of the blue?

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 03-09-2004, 09:37 PM   #45
facelessman
USER INFO »
ppl like to skew information.