++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #76
pricey.21
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: *The Official "Full Circle" Reviews Thread*

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Oh, and I am so tired of people saying 'myles would have done it better!' myles this, myles that. jesus, just marry the guy already.

They may as well all meet up and have a wank over pictures of Myles. I prefer Stapp, still think Myles is good, but Stapp is a much better singer for a rock band.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #77
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by pricey.21) They may as well all meet up and have a wank over pictures of Myles. I prefer Stapp, still think Myles is good, but Stapp is a much better singer for a rock band.
I like Myles to. But when I read professional reviewers bash creed for basically not being alter bridge(beause of the lack of myles) that's when I really get Irked.

Quote: (Originally Posted by pricey.21) U2 are just a band I really don't like, mainly because of Bono and I find their songs boring. They must be doing something right though. I used to like Muse until their latest album.
Muse is a very artsy band...especially on their latest album. It incorporates styles from past rock and even classical music. Perhaps it is an acquired taste to like this album. I have heard other people complain about The Resistance to. The only thing I don't like about Muse is that the are sometimes to political. Matt Bellamy is an amazing vocalist though.

U2 has gotten soft lately. That may be why you find them boring. Bono has a big head, no doubt. But imagine how many people hate stapp and they still listen to him. It's the music, not the man you gotta judge. I don't think I have to justify U2 as much, they've already made their staple as one of the best rock bands ever.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #78
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

Finally listened to it, 10's all across. I don't care what every one is saying about suddenly and these "filler" songs.. Full Circle is a great album imo.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #79
pricey.21
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) Finally listened to it, 10's all across. I don't care what every one is saying about suddenly and these "filler" songs.. Full Circle is a great album imo.

Well said!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #80
Creedture
USER INFO »

Has anyone else had EQ issues with Full Circle? I have a pretty decent head-unit (JVC Arsenal) in my truck and Full Circle just doesn't sound all that good in it. Had to do some serious EQ'ing on it. It sounds slightly better through WinAMP with some more EQ'ing, on my comp.

Great album, just dont know about the mixing
Old 10-28-2009, 02:37 AM   #81
josha31042
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I hate Walmart even more now. I went and they swore up and down it wasn't released until tomorrow even though i saw it at other stores. I know full well they have a shipment of them in the back but they weren't willing to sell me one. I want to get it there instead of somewhere else because I want the free DVD. Freaking walmart.

It's not in every Walmart yet. It isn't even in mine yet.
Trust me, I know. We went through all the boxes in the back, and I had management search the office that they keep a lot of the unreleased goodies in. Should be there soon, though.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:38 AM   #82
josha31042
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creedture) Has anyone else had EQ issues with Full Circle? I have a pretty decent head-unit (JVC Arsenal) in my truck and Full Circle just doesn't sound all that good in it. Had to do some serious EQ'ing on it. It sounds slightly better through WinAMP with some more EQ'ing, on my comp.

It sounds that way because Chris Lord-Alge was the engineer who mixed it. He kills EVERYTHING with compression. Benson did great on the album, but I'm more of a fan of the sound they had when Kurzweg was in charge.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #83
00iceman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) Finally listened to it, 10's all across. I don't care what every one is saying about suddenly and these "filler" songs.. Full Circle is a great album imo.

Heck yes!

After listening to this album non-stop for about 5 days now, I would say that my favorite tracks are Full Circle and The Song You Sing. The Song You Sing has an awesome, epic feel to it. And the lyrics are a perfect summation of the entire album.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #84
nagpo
USER INFO »

why did i write that review? no one even read it.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #85
shunammite
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) why did i write that review? no one even read it.

I read it - before and just now, after listening to the cd twice. I pretty much agree with you at this point, although I expect after I listen a few more times I will become more enthusiastic. (I remember when Signs, You Stand Here With Me and Freedom Fighter sounded pretty much like "noise" to me but because I was committed - and need to be committed according to some lol - I kept listening - now those are among my all time faves.) I too wonder if Kurzweg would have made a difference. Maybe he didn't want to play this time. He loved them so early on.

They are what they are, giving what they have at this time. And I will make the most of it I can because I have always gotten a lot from all their music.

As for why you write a review - well I write to get stuff out of my head most of the time - and to get the rumblings inside there sort of organized so I can make more sense to myself. But yes it would be great if someone else could hear me and talk back. I hope that's what happens in heaven. If I hear the sounds of silence there too I'm really really gonna be P*SSED.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #86
nagpo
USER INFO »

^thanks for reading it.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #87
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

btw has anyone figured out what mark is saying in A Thousand Faces, I know he says I'm not afraid but I can't figure out what he says before it.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #88
Trinity
USER INFO »

Got the cd in the mail yesterday. It's awesome. I'll write more when I listen to it some more... but so far so good.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #89
Trinity
USER INFO »

Does anyone else LOVE "On My Sleeve" the vocals where Scott goes "I can't fix whats meant to be" WOW!!!!!! so much emotion! This whole song blows me away.

Last edited by Trinity : 10-28-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #90
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creedture) Has anyone else had EQ issues with Full Circle? I have a pretty decent head-unit (JVC Arsenal) in my truck and Full Circle just doesn't sound all that good in it. Had to do some serious EQ'ing on it. It sounds slightly better through WinAMP with some more EQ'ing, on my comp.

Sounds like you're comparing FC's mixing to Death Magnetic's which had horrible mixing. I'm scared now.