++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #61
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Goneblind did a great job with the music and the guitar riffs are good and luckily not tremontish as The great divide single...I hope they both do well but I must say I think record vs record Stapp's will be more successful...
I quote Marcos, though!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) They need two guitarist to sound like ONE Tremonti
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) tremontixriffs, could you possibly be starting to prefer it to ODR cause you've been listening to ODR for a year and a half or so and stapp for only a few hours?
Yeah, exactly. You've heard ODR a bunch of time, and maybe starting to get a bit tired of it? What do I know...? And right now you are posting about TGD out of excitment. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying you're excited!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-03-2005, 07:53 AM   #62
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Hmmmm had first listen just then. Im not sure if I love it, but I def like it. Hopefully it will grow on me. It wasnt what I expected it to be like at all. I was suprised! Fav songs so far are Justify, Fight Away, Hard Way. Really dont like Broken at all. Nor Reach Out. As I said hopefully grow on me.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 11-03-2005, 08:00 AM   #63
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) Fav songs so far are Justify, Fight Away, Hard Way. Really dont like Broken at all. Nor Reach Out. As I said hopefully grow on me.
Yeah, I agree with you, besides I think Broken is one of the best songs off the album. I think Reach Out is a great song, but Stapp just doesn't hit the notes... Too bad!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-03-2005, 08:02 AM   #64
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Yeah I think you can kind of hear him straining his voice when he sings Reach Out. Its not a very good opener IMO
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 11-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #65
The Lithium
USER INFO »
No it's not. And he hits false notes.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-03-2005, 08:56 AM   #66
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) oh no i never install those they always make my pc run slower thanks for the tip anyways
i did the site looks great i loved the colors Great pics too i liked this one the best ya,alls
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (17.1 KB, 326 views)
Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #67
titan9
USER INFO »
I listened to it again last night...and I think I like it even more. I think it's one of those CDs that the more you listen to it, the more you enjoy it. After two listens, I'd have to say my two least favorite tracks are Let Me Go and Sublime. So far, I just can't get into those tracks. The rest of it, though, I really enjoy. It seems to have 7-8 strong tracks, while only having a couple average tracks. I don't think I can really name my favorites right now. It'll take a few more listens before I can do that.

Vocally, I agree, he does sound like he is straining himself on the first track. But I still like that track. And he sounds good on the rest of the album. However, there is no telling how much studio editing they had to do to get him to sound good on the album. Let's hope it was little to none, and that he can put on a killer live show.

Lyrically, it's not as good as say, My Own Prison, but it is better than Weathered. I'm not quite sure if I like it lyrically better than Human Clay. I guess it'll take a few more listens before I can decide that.

Musically, I think Goneblind keeps up pretty well. I mean, they aren't an amazing band, but they do a decent job on the album, far better than I expected them to do. Hats off to them for that.

As far as comparing it to ODR, man, I'm not ready to do that yet. ODR's been out over a year, and I've loved it for about 12 months. It took me a couple of months to really get into that album. I anticipate that I'll need a couple of months to really compare the two albums, in terms of how much I like it. But, you have to remember that the two CDs are very different. The lyrics(on TGD) are nothing like ODR's, the music isn't like ODR's and the vocals sure as heck aren't.

Anyway, so far I really like this CD, and could potentially love it with some more listens.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #68
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
well the only song i don't really like on the whole album would be "Let Me Go"... and since a few remarks were made in a thread that people thought this would be better than 3DD's "Let Me Go", i'm gonna have to so no it's not haha... but it might grow on me with time..

the average songs on the album i would have to say are "You Will Soar", "Sublime" and "Broken"..."The Great Divide" is close to being here, but i think that's just cus i listened to it too much haha, i did the same with OYE.

"Reach Out" and "TGD" i would have to say are above average.

"Fight Song", "Surround Me", "Justify" and "Hard Way" are my favorites. And i have to say i think these songs are head and shoulders above the rest... especially "Justify"... probably my favorite thing Scott has written .
Old 11-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #69
titan9
USER INFO »
I don't know, but I really like You Will Soar. It's a nice, uplifting song. I don't care for Sublime or Let Me Go, but I do like Broken(it is a different kind of song) and Reach Out.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #70
thornscreed
USER INFO »
stapp album

could someone please email me the album or just the broken track. yes i will buy the album too. i have over 2500 cds. you scratch my back i scratch yours. thanks guys
Old 11-03-2005, 12:12 PM   #71
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I don't know, but I really like You Will Soar. It's a nice, uplifting song. I don't care for Sublime or Let Me Go, but I do like Broken(it is a different kind of song) and Reach Out.
dude... why am I'm the only one who really liked You'll Soar and Sublime??? lol

Let Me Go is also very good.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:13 PM   #72
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Overall I thought the album was ok. Nothing really blew me away. The positive thing is that I think it is a bit different from Creed.

Some of the riffs sounded familiar but you can say that about a lot of songs out there.

Justify was one I liked mostly because it is different. It was nice to hear Scott do something a little less formulaic and different. I will have to say that it reminded me a bit of the Pearl Jam song "Push Me, Pull Me" only because of the talking and their voices are similar - big whoop.

Anyway, it's a decent album and I'll still be buying it Nov. 22.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:14 PM   #73
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, I think Sublime is a song that will just take some time to grow on me. As for You Will Soar, like I said, I really like that song. I guess we're in the minority.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #74
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Well here's my review of the album/songs:

01. Reach Out
This is a very good song. One of my favs on the album.

02. Fight Song
Another one of my favs. Great tune. Very catchy too. Perhaps a rock/alt radio single?

03. Hard Way
Another good song.

04. Justify
It's different. I like the music and the chorus, but I'm not a big fan of the talking parts. I think the song builds though and gets better as it goes on.

05. Let Me Go
Don't like this song at all. It's very simple and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the songs.

06. Surround Me
Great song! Nice acoustic/electric mix. Lyrics are great; this is like classic Stapp. Best song on the album.

07. The Great Divide
Good song. This song flows great right after Surround Me. Another classic Stapp tune. Excellent choice to be the first single.

08. Sublime
I like the verses but the parts where he sings "Sublime" just don't do it for me. This is probably the third worst song on the album if I had to rank them.

09. You Will Soar
Maybe it's just me but it sounds similar to Sublime (at least the chorus part). It's a decent song.

10. Broken
This seems like it should have been a b-side to Creed's "Don't Stop Dancing" CD single, eh? It is a beautiful song, but it just doesn't do it for me. It seems out of place on this album. Second worst song next to Let Me Go.

Overall
Overall I'd probably give this album a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. The music is much simplier on this album compared to Creed and Alter Bridge. I'm more of a fan of the music than the lyrics. If the "feel" and "sound" of the song catch my ear, I tend to like it a lot. Several of the songs sound very simple and just don't catch my ear like other stuff does. The lyrics on several of the songs are also very simple compared to stuff from Creed. The good songs, however, are really good. It's just that the "bad" songs are, IMO, "bad."

This is an album I'd listen to once in awhile, but not one that I would put on constant rotation like I do with Creed's "My Own Prison," Alter Bridge's "One Day Remains," Audioslave's self-titled debut, Nickelback's new one, etc.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #75
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Sublime is like a cross between Collective Soul and Creed.

The opening strums are just like The World I Know by Collective Soul and the next few sound like parts of Is This The End and My Sacrifice. Just listen and you might hear the familiarity.