++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
The Great divide -Listen to it NOW!!!!!!!

Check Stapp first song (preview-just 1:08) -Great Divide NOW!!!!!!!! http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16697

what do you think????
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 09-07-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Is anyone else having trouble playing this? I hate the fact that it is in .rm format and that you have to use RealMedia player to play it. It keeps giving me a server error. I was going to stream it and use SoundCapture to record it into a .mp3 format file. But I can't even do that because the darn thing won't play.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
it sucks titan, sorry you cant listen to it- maybe it is avaiable in another program, you know?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 09-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Is anyone else having trouble playing this? I hate the fact that it is in .rm format and that you have to use RealMedia player to play it. It keeps giving me a server error. I was going to stream it and use SoundCapture to record it into a .mp3 format file. But I can't even do that because the darn thing won't play.

Hmm, I didn't have any trouble listening to it titan. It's not a long clip, but I really liked it. It's not popish to me at all, it's very different. Can't wait to hear the rest of the cd!! .
Old 09-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
i cant either so help me Lord i cant get realone to open i dont know if its the pc something i need to install it just happend yesterday whe a friend sent me a video this really Sucks thanks anyways sweet pea !!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-07-2005, 03:07 PM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Hmm, I didn't have any trouble listening to it titan. It's not a long clip, but I really liked it. It's not popish to me at all, it's very different. Can't wait to hear the rest of the cd!! .

*sigh* I'm beginning to believe that my PC and RealPlayer just don't get along very well. I think I'm going to uninstall RP, download the newest version, re-install it and see if that works. My copy of RP might just be corrupt.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
its a sight phewwwwwwww i got it to open ok but now i cant hear it on real one or any of my other downloads its not my speakers either i dont know
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-07-2005, 03:28 PM   #8
Frankie
USER INFO »
Just helping out guys...

Longer clip posted at scottstapp.com totally new update It Rocks!

We have a download link for the clip...and ALL the lyrics at passionbreedsfollower.com home page.

AMAZING....simply AMAZING !!!
Old 09-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #9
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) *sigh* I'm beginning to believe that my PC and RealPlayer just don't get along very well. I think I'm going to uninstall RP, download the newest version, re-install it and see if that works. My copy of RP might just be corrupt.

Wait!! Wait!! Before you do that...go here.

www.scottstapp.com

They have a 2:15 clip up and you can also download it to Media too. Try that first and see if it works any better. I hope I caught you in time.

It's a great song!
Old 09-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #10
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Wait!! Wait!! Before you do that...go here.

www.scottstapp.com

They have a 2:15 clip up and you can also download it to Media too. Try that first and see if it works any better. I hope I caught you in time.

It's a great song!

Thanks for posting that link! I honestly would have never thought of going to Stapp's official site, considering the severe lack of updates over the past year.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:33 PM   #11
titan9
USER INFO »
Wow, I'm really liking this new update on Stapp's site. It is about time that they gave him a decent looking site.

As far as the song is concerned, I'm liking it. Very catchy lyrics, and I hear some Creed in the music. But it is not as Creedish as everyone has said that it is. Overall, I like it a lot and I'd give it a B+ on an A-D grading scale. Hearing this single makes me want to hear the new CD all the more.

Last edited by titan9 : 09-07-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #12
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Thanks for posting that link! I honestly would have never thought of going to Stapp's official site, considering the severe lack of updates over the past year.

Your welcome . LOL, I know. With WindUp it's like they wait until overnight, then bam!

The song is great! For me, it's the intro that makes it so different, but yea I agree it's Creedish but not overly so. Goneblind sounds wonderful, and the lyrics, as always....tell a story. Excited about hearing the rest of the cd!
Old 09-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Very very Creedish, it's not too bad. I can hear this being played on mainstream radio and I hear definite Tremonti-esque playing.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #14
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Very very Creedish, it's not too bad. I can hear this being played on mainstream radio and I hear definite Tremonti-esque playing.

Lol, at least that dude finally got the Tremonti-esque guitar playing down.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) The song is great! For me, it's the intro that makes it so different, but yea I agree it's Creedish but not overly so. Goneblind sounds wonderful, and the lyrics, as always....tell a story. Excited about hearing the rest of the cd!

The intro actually reminded me of Creed, but not so much the rest of the song. GB sounds alright and hopefully they sound just as good on the rest of the songs. If they do, it definitely bodes well for Stapp.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Oh My God! I cant believe Im going to say that: but I didnt like his song Great Divide(the lyrics are also poor...) ...eh...I was expecting more...
maybe the others songs are better ...but of course its great hearing his voice again
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )