++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #16
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) ...many of the wealthy do support several charities of their choice aimed at helping those in need...but do not know on a personal level how it does or doesn't impact the lives of those receiving...

In fact...for anybody that gives to charities, how do you know FOR A FACT that you donations are being applied the way you are told they are?...this is a thought i've had in this reguard.

just another thing to ponder...
Yeh that is a very good point.

The charities etc that I donate to, I KNOW them. For instance, T.E.A.R, We have reps here in my church, and they actually support smaller organisations, so I have a good understanding of where the money is going. I like the smaller organisations, because they are accessible and you can check out what they are doing and they really need the help. I dont know if everyone has time to do what I do though...unfortunately then, they donate to the big names etc.

Reps are so important for the smaller organisations, because they educate people on what they are doing, and what is going on out there, so they can be touched. Very important to educate the public.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xt...) this dosnt explain why 90% of the worlds wealth ignores the millions of starving children and families, when they could easily help out one or 2 of them with literally no sacrifice to themselves
Yeh, I know what U mean, I mean...God in all of us?...I understand that, but....

Someone once said that God speaks in a still, small voice...

Please! We drown Him out all the time!!! And ignorance is bliss...

ROCK HARD!!!