++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-14-2004, 12:36 AM   #1
Frankie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A note regarding subject of the locked thread

Just a FYI

JHMP is also suing ALL of the members of SevenDust for breach of contract as well.
Perhaps they were all in rehab together

Or maybe JHMP is just a little upset that people have enough sense to leave them.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:59 AM   #2
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Thanks for the information. It explains volumes.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:34 AM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
ummm thanks for the info and i didn't realise sevendust had left JHMP. however being sued because you have failed to pay a debt (when you can easily pay that debt) is not a good sign. there seems to be explantations for all of his actions but how can one explain away all of these things and not think that at least some of them are true?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-14-2004, 08:01 AM   #4
Frankie
USER INFO »
Handmedown...nowhere is there a documented reason for the lawsuit against Scott given. (And if there is I ask again to see the link or the actual document) The document says breach of contract...period. Just as it says for the members of Sevendust.
Maybe both Scott and the members of Sevendust had had enough...and left JHMP before their contracts were up. Could be something as simple as that...and on Scott's part...certainly understandable.

Last edited by Frankie : 09-14-2004 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:04 AM   #5
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Your argument falls short here though because JHMP isn't suing Stapp. Jeff Cameron is. There's a difference (unless I'm mistaken)

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 09-14-2004 at 10:34 AM. Reason: typed Creed instead of Stapp
Old 09-14-2004, 09:13 AM   #6
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
My understanding is that while the case # etc is on file and searchable online through the Orange County Clerk of Courts, you would have to physically go to the courthouse, or have access to the local legal papers that carried the item, in order to read the entire complaint.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #7
Kimvan
USER INFO »
If that's your understanding, did you do so, before posting what YOU started in that closed thread? Because if you didn't, and you don't have proof, it's all RUMOR and HERESAY and frankly, NOBODY'S BUSINESS!

The way you just HAD to "tip-toe in, drops this off, then tip-toes out" in your words, and the place you obtained such "information" speaks VOLUMES

Some people need to really get a life if all they can do with their time is slander people just for the heck of it.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless

Last edited by Kimvan : 09-14-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:21 AM   #8
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I had a response posted in an attempt to carry on a civil discussion, but why bother?

The suit is public record. You are more than welcome to search it at http://orangeclerk.onetgov.net/. . I believe the original poster read it in a legal paper. She did not have to search it. The paper comes to her office.

Last edited by RockGoddess : 09-14-2004 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
this may well be smaller than it is made out to but where does one draw the line? we have fans who say they have had bad experiences, journalists continually launching into him, other bands and his ex-bandmates particulary brian for obvious reaons. when one hears all of this stuff how can one honestly pretend it is all swell?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-14-2004, 11:16 AM   #10
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Good grief.....

No I did not search it online (before posting originally). No, I did not go to the courthouse. I don't live anywhere near Orlando. My response was to Frankie, not to you. All I did was drop off a post I had read at another board. I used the "tip toe" phrase because I've seen what can happen over here. And that's precisely what did happen; it became so virulent and volatile that Steve had to close the thread. It was, apparently, beyond the capablity of some to discuss this in a civil manner.

And I'm more than willing to discuss it; with civility. I posted a Stapp related item. This is a Stapp forum. I am baffled at the misdirected anger.

The suit is public record. You are more than welcome to search it at http://orangeclerk.onetgov.net/. If anyone needs help navigating, I'll do my best to help. I believe the original poster read it in a legal paper. She did not have to search it. The paper comes to her office.

Oh, and would you kindly point out where I slandered anyone?

Thank you for your time.

The reason I have a problem with you posting this is, although this is a Stapp forum and it's Stapp-related, why do you feel the need to post only the negative "news" about Scott, among all the positive things that are happening for him? If you knew you'd get that kind of reaction here, hence the "tip-toes in, drops this off" comment, why feel the need to post it anyway? It just seems that there are some people who get great joy out of dragging Scott's name through the mud, whether things are true or not. There's enough negativity in this world, can't people focus on the positive for once?

Peace, and God Bless
Old 09-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #11
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
That's fine KimVan, I can understand where you are coming from.

But I also am not afraid to post the not so flattering stuff along with the good.

I still don't see where I slandered anyone. And I don't understand the backlash.....

(Also I edited my above post because I have lost interest in continuing the conversation. But seeing as you responded to my original post, I felt I should as least respond to yours)
Old 09-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #12
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) this may well be smaller than it is made out to but where does one draw the line? we have fans who say they have had bad experiences, journalists continually launching into him, other bands and his ex-bandmates particulary brian for obvious reaons. when one hears all of this stuff how can one honestly pretend it is all swell?

I don't expect anyone to pretend it is all swell. I just can't stand when people have a need to post ONLY negative stuff. Where are these posters when things are going well and Scott's got positive things going on, which lately, finally, things have been looking up for him, after an extremely difficult period in his life. So of course, certain ones feel the need to break him down again any way they can. Where's the compassion? Or did all the positive things Creed brought into our lives with their great lyrics and music about unity, love and peace die with their demise? That is my point.

Peace, and God Bless
Old 09-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #13
Kimvan
USER INFO »
quote -But I also am not afraid to post the not so flattering stuff along with the good.

I still don't see where I slandered anyone. And I don't understand the backlash.....-end quote

Because even IF stories are true, some things are just better off left "unsaid", it goes along with the whole negativity thing I posted about earlier.

Peace, and God Bless
Old 09-14-2004, 11:35 AM   #14
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: Or did all the positive things Creed brought into our lives with their great lyrics and music about unity, love and peace die with their demise?

O.k. - I guess I'll continue. LOL

Kim, I agree with you completely! Creed made an amazing impact on my life. I will always love the music. And I've made amazing friends because of Creed. I however, no longer think Stapp is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I used to! But not anymore.

And I don't respond only to the negative things about him. I have posted in threads where I thought he looked good, looked healthy etc. When I first heard his single I commented on how good it was to hear that voice again. I would be more than happy to be the heralder of good news where Scott is concerned. But it's hard pressed to find anything out there. There have been some conflicting interveiws (in my opinion they were conflicting) and a single. No concerts, no musical guest appearances, no meetings with fans, no charity work, no cd release...... nothing! Some parties in South Beach maybe but that's about it. I will have no problem posting when I think Scott has done something really wonderful.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:37 AM   #15
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I still don't see where I slandered anyone. And I don't understand the backlash.....

Sorry but I disagree. I have seen you post slanderous comments on other occasions. Accusations which you cannot prove. And you never once used the term "alleged". That is generally how you prevent getting yourself dragged into court.