++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #16
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by shunammite) I have no "inside information", just a long aquaintance with Scott's music...and I am SURE he never wrote anything primarily with a business angle in view...

Sure he wants to make a good living and perhaps not have his art under pressure of finances, to have some financial independence...touring was killing him...he wants to live...that's ok...

But his art is pure and he said he'd walk away if it ever became just a job...

Now it may be that some of the tv performances and so on were for business...that's ok...also a way to "spread your seed" as widely as possible...

Some like a small fan base...some like a large one...Scott seemed to like that "army"...until it all became too much anyway...

I'm just so glad he's ALIVE...
I agree very well said I think he had a lot of pressure on him with touring I mean the weather tour he looked terrible he was always sick and I am glad for him that he made a decision not based on money but what was right for him and his son. Also just want to add he worked his ass off if he wants to be a business man try acting etc. that is great but I believe his music and lyrics can't be matched.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #17
Kimvan
USER INFO »
So true, he was sick alot during the Weathered tour, also the car accident, the whole mess with Hillaree and custody of Jagger, etc. It all just took its toll on him... and yes, he does need to do what's best for Jagger and himself. Maybe he needs to have a not-so-rigorous touring schedule, and he wouldn't get so sick/run down, and his throat could have proper rest between gigs. I also agree that his lyrics and voice cannot be matched; they are a unique gift from God, and I'm so glad he's chosen to use his gifts to share with all of us.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 07-26-2004, 07:05 PM   #18
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Very well said, shunammite and Kim.

Relearn Love
Old 07-26-2004, 07:36 PM   #19
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I am glad for him that he made a decision not based on money but what was right for him and his son.

exactly, musiclover...he has done what HE felt was best in my opinion as well...

Quote: I am SURE he never wrote anything primarily with a business angle in view...

i don't think he did either, shua...i believe his words came from his heart...and they always will.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:07 PM   #20
Shadow
USER INFO »
Since we're on the topic of Scott and how he puts his heart into his lyrics---

I'm not bashing Mark here, but did anyone else see this comment from him (he's referring to Myles):

"We called him and asked him to lay down vocals on a couple of tracks we were working on," Tremonti said. "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion--as soon as we heard what he did we knew he was the guy."

Is Mark saying that Scott didn't have passion? I don't get that. Passion is a huge part of his singing. I'm not going to say anything else here, because I'm pretty upset about this comment.

Here's the link for the full article: AB Article

Last edited by Shadow : 07-26-2004 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:28 PM   #21
Shadow
USER INFO »
Marcos, I'm posting part of an article for you, about the Van Halen reunion. It makes a lot of sense and maybe we could see Creed this way. (Van Halen were apart 8 years). I put the link for the whole article at the bottom.

"The whole point of being older is time going by, water going under the bridge, whatever it is, you kind of forget what happened, or why you were mad to begin with, or what you said," said Hagar. "All that stuff goes out the window. ... We decided that, rather than go to therapy like some of these other bands and dig through the dirt, we said, 'No, no, here's what we're gonna do: we're gonna pretend like it never happened. We're gonna, like, rise above it.' It's really what we did. I think we elevated, and it hasn't even come up."

"We jammed probably for five or six hours, 'til my voice was completely worn out," he said. "The chemistry between the four of us is very, very special. Even as long as we did it, you start taking it for granted--you forget about it--and then you come back and you walk in and you go, 'Oh, wow! This is exactly like it always was.' And that's a great, great thing to still have it sitting there waiting for you, and not have to look for it and not have to reinvent it."

Scott and Mark have talked about their chemistry. I remember the Alternative Press article where they stated how they had "ESP" between each other.

Here's the link for the full article - Van Halen article
Old 07-26-2004, 09:08 PM   #22
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Since we're on the topic of Scott and how he puts his heart into his lyrics---

I'm not bashing Mark here, but did anyone else see this comment from him (he's referring to Myles):

"We called him and asked him to lay down vocals on a couple of tracks we were working on," Tremonti said. "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion--as soon as we heard what he did we knew he was the guy."

Is Mark saying that Scott didn't have passion? I don't get that. Passion is a huge part of his singing. I'm not going to say anything else here, because I'm pretty upset about this comment.

Here's the link for the full article: AB Article
Wow thanks for posting that I agree that was a low blow. I am really trying to give Mark the benefit of the doubt but I agree with you alot of his comments in the media have been shocking to me. Stapp is all about passion with his lyrics and music. Also I have to say I didn't really like the Rolling Stone article. Maybe its me but Mark sounded very bitter he said no Creed music Creed is over. Ok I can see not playing Creed music for alot reasons and wanting to establish Alterbridge but to me he didn't have to say it so harshly because Creed fans have some much love for them for years its hard for us just to turn off Creed and turn on Alterbridge. I think he has to be careful in his tone the way he speaks or it will backfire. Even if behind the scenes if Stapp is at fault (which I believe it's probably fault on all sides) for the sake of the fans Mark should be more careful. I would love to hear how Stapp will handle the media regarding the break up and Mark's comments.
Just my opinion
Old 07-26-2004, 09:29 PM   #23
Agent D
USER INFO »
I think you guys are reading too much into Mark's comments. I don't think it was a blow at Scott, he's just pushing his new band that's all.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:05 PM   #24
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I'm not bashing Mark here, but did anyone else see this comment from him (he's referring to Myles):

Actually this is a part of the Bio of the band at AlterBridge.com...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 07-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #25
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) I would love to hear how Stapp will handle the media regarding the break up and Mark's comments.
Just my opinion
With Relearn Love coming out next month, Scott should be out in the media promoting it. I'm sure he will be getting hounded with questions about the break-up since he hasn't said a word. I'm hoping he does the talk show route to promote it so we can hear him sing it live.

Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Actually this is a part of the Bio of the band at AlterBridge.com...
The first time I saw it was in that article. It doesn't really matter where it came from, the point is, Mark said it.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #26
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) The first time I saw it was in that article. It doesn't really matter where it came from, the point is, Mark said it.

Well you asked "but did anyone else see this comment from him"... so I was actually referring to that when I mentioned the Bio. So I already read it quite a while ago... that's all!

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 07-26-2004, 11:57 PM   #27
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Actually this is a part of the Bio of the band at AlterBridge.com...

the bio at the official site for AB is a composite of several interviews and a few article snippets that have been around for a while...added to that the other statistics the writer decided needed to be filled in...

sometimes it's easier for a writer creating "hastey history" on a band or entertainer to "pad" it with words already in print...voila...instant bio...most people don't even notice it's been done..and of those that do...well...only a few will question it.

of course this is just an observation...
Old 07-27-2004, 10:39 AM   #28
shunammite
USER INFO »
I wouldn't hold a grudge against Mark for that comment...I don't think he thinks Stapp didn't have passion, lol...but I do sometimes think Stapp sort of planned his passion, choreographed his actions on stage...and that annoyed some people...but to me it was very effective, and the planning was based on what was in his heart...and it wasn't ALL "planned"...

Maybe Myles is more "unplanned"...as people are when they have nothing to lose and everything to gain...I haven't even been able to bring myself to listen to the single...again nothing against the rest of Creed, why should they lay down and die as artists because Stapp is moving in a different direction...

But I have my own personal feelings/grief too....and I just can't face the split version, not yet...

I may buy the cd, I like the song titles...

I hear plenty of artists on the radio singing full tilt boogie..."passion" is easy to simulate really...but one thing about Chicago and Scott...in the final analysis he is no pretender...it is all life or death with him...and so, I'm glad he's alive...I hope he stays alive, as long as he can...and I'd love to hear how he is processing his life experiences, every expression from the gut of another person helps me...as long as they aren't too malicious about it.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:13 AM   #29
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) the bio at the official site for AB is a composite of several interviews and a few article snippets that have been around for a while...added to that the other statistics the writer decided needed to be filled in...

sometimes it's easier for a writer creating "hastey history" on a band or entertainer to "pad" it with words already in print...voila...instant bio...most people don't even notice it's been done..and of those that do...well...only a few will question it.

of course this is just an observation...

In this case it's the other way around... this article was placed on the 26th of July and the Bio is already known for about 2 months now... didn't know that the guys of Alter Bridge did some interviews before the official Creed break-up... ...doesn't make sense to me!!!

This writer of this article used some parts of the Bio...

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 07-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shunammite) I wouldn't hold a grudge against Mark for that comment...I don't think he thinks Stapp didn't have passion, lol...but I do sometimes think Stapp sort of planned his passion, choreographed his actions on stage...and that annoyed some people...but to me it was very effective, and the planning was based on what was in his heart...and it wasn't ALL "planned"...

Maybe Myles is more "unplanned"...as people are when they have nothing to lose and everything to gain...I haven't even been able to bring myself to listen to the single...again nothing against the rest of Creed, why should they lay down and die as artists because Stapp is moving in a different direction...