++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-23-2004, 11:53 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Friendships

What is the point? Ya know, it took me 3 family dogs, 2 pet birds, and 19 years to realize that pets die. At the point when Sparkie died, I said no more. No more pets. Never.

Tonight I realized that lesser-seen things also die. I've known dreams fade, and pass on to another world, but today I learned that friendships die. Maybe I've never known this before because I've never had any friends. Times have changed and friends and I have drifted apart, but tonight, I think one ended. Sad part is, I was trying to help the guy. Now, I'm not one to "air my dirty laundry in public" or so to speak, but what the fuck is the point to this world? He didn't have the courage to do something, I tried to help, and when he found out what I did, he said "don't ever help me again." and walked away. Maybe if he had the balls to do things for himself and step outside his box, things would be different. Weird thing is that I've felt as though we've been drifting apart. I told him my end of what had happend, what had been done on other ends, and that he didn't know fully what or how I did anything. I'm not going to get into the fine details of what went on, but people would usually appreciate things like what I did for him.

Yet another ship has sailed that I thought was anchored. Moral of the story: everything has a time, everything dies. Friendship is un-necessary. You can live without it. What you do, do because you need to for yourself. Don't help other people. Fuck friendship. Fuck favors. Fuck others. Not even this world is forever. So piss on this world, and better yourself through yourself. Don't let others pull you down because everyone will try.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-24-2004, 12:11 AM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
well im sorry to here that ive lost a few friends myself but i will put it to you this way this is the way of life but true friends never leave and they stick beside you come what may and the best way you know the true ones is when your down or if you have done something wrong they will forgive you but true friend is like a blessing money cant buy one and again im sorry buddy
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-24-2004, 01:36 AM   #3
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
There was a time I would have believed that.

H-D

Old 01-24-2004, 01:40 AM   #4
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
I agree with you creedsister. I had a longtime friendship end last year. The reason why it ended was because she kept telling all these lies behind my back about me and about my other friends. I forgave her twice, then after the third time, I had had enough. At he same time I learned who my true friends are, they won't just blow you off when you need to talk to them and they will appreciate anything you do to try to help them.
Colin, don't think that all friendships are like that because they aren't. You just wanted to help this guy and you had nothing but good intentions. If this guy can't see that, then that's his problem, not yours. Personally I think everyone needs friends at one time or another. My friends have helped me with problems my parents could care less about. Hey, there are people on this board that care about you, hope you didn't forget that.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 01-24-2004, 10:46 AM   #5
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) There was a time I would have believed that.

H-D

You will start to believe again.. For sure! I've been there too.. I've lost every single "friend" I had about 10 years ago! Rough times... but they've been "replaced" by some truely devoted friends!! Life WAS a bitch to me... not anymore!

At times life is wicked and I just can’t
see the light...
A silver lining sometimes isn’t enough
To make some wrongs seem right

Whatever life brings
I’ve been through everything
And now I’m on my knees again

But I know I must go on
Although I hurt I must be strong
Because inside I know that many
feel this way...

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 01-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
I would not be getting through my current nightmare of a seperation without my friends. My one friend in particular Kelly. I have known her for only 5 years, we met at work she is a nurse also. We have been the greatest friends since she moved here to Virginina. I have been through all her births etc...and in really bad times for her. Well..... this year I need her more than anything. She has been here for me through it all, made me soup when I was sick, took me out to get me away from the house, invites me to her house all the time for meals etc.. she has been a real gem for me. I could not of dealt with any of this without her. NOW....... my what I thought was "best friend" of 18 years that moved here from my hometown, has been the one to really let me down. I have always had to initiate any time with her or conversation. She knew of my seperation, misscarraige and every thing but still no calls to see how I was. It really hurts me bad. She should of been there for me more than anyone. In times of need and despair you ALWAYS find out who your REAL friends are, not in the fun happy times. All of this horrible crap I am going through has really shown me this. It hurts sometimes to see it

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-24-2004, 02:49 PM   #7
Aimee
USER INFO »
Just try to remember Colin that some people are sent into our lives for a little while, and very few for a lifetime. If you can count the number of true friends on one hand, you can consider yourself lucky. I lost my best friend of 26 years to a petty argument that she could not get through. That was really hard for me because I do not let many people into my life to begin with. I felt a lot then like you do now, but I eventually had to shrug and tell myself that it was her loss. Also as PaulMcoy Girl has said...
Hey, there are people on this board that care about you, hope you didn't forget that.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:51 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Colin, I agree with Amy & Jen 100%. Your true friends will be there through the good and the bad. Those who are just there for you when times are going well are good acquaintences, but the real friends are those that help you through the bad times. It sounds like you were trying to be a good friend to that person and he apparently felt otherwise. Cut your losses and move on (easy for me to say) and try try again.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-24-2004, 05:54 PM   #9
creedlover16
USER INFO »
Emotionalism!

I HAVE TO SAY THE ONLY FIENDSHIP THAT WAS TRUE TO ME, WAS WITH MY DOG TIMBER SHE WAS A BLACK LABRADORE. I HAD TO PUT HER DOWN THE DAY AFTER THANKS GIVING. A COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE THANKS GIVING SHE WASN'T BEING HER SELF, SOON SHE WAS VOMITTING AND I THOUGHT SHE WOULD GET BETTER BUT SHE DIDN'T. SO I CALLED MY COUSIN BECAUSE SHE IS A VET. ASISSTANT AND SHE SAID TO BRING HER IN AND THAT SHE WOULD DRAW SOME BLOOD. SO THE DAY AFTER THANKS GIVING ME AND MY MA WENT. WHEN WE GOT THE TESTS BACK, HER BLOOD TEST WAS BAD AND ALLL WE KNEW WAS THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH HER LIVER, SO WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO PUT HER ASLEEP BECUASE SHE WAS TO OLD TO OPERATE ON. SHE WAS 8 OR 9 YRS OLD. SO MY COUSIN GOT US A BLANKET AND WE LAID IT DOWN TO GIVE OUR LOVE TO HER AND TO SAY OUR GOOD-BYES. AS THE DOCTOR WAS PUTTING THE NEEDLE IN ME AND MA WERE CRYING OUR EYES OUT AND OUR TEARS WERE DROPPING ON HER. SOON SHE WAS ASLEEP. AS SHE LAID THERE I MUST HAVE BEEN CRYING AND HOLDING HER FOR A HALF AN HOUR. AFTER THAT I CUT A CHUNK OF HER HAIR. I HUGGED MY COUSIN AND AS I WAS LEAVING. I HAD HER HAIR AND COLLAR AND LEASH AND STORMED OUT THE BUILDING CRYING MY EYES OUT.

SORRY SO LONG! PERSONAL FEELINGS...
Old 01-24-2004, 06:29 PM   #10
HoundDog
USER INFO »
I think dogs make the best friends in the whole wide world too. fuck people... they will shit on you big time if you let them, dogs will love you with all they have, and then some...just my 2 cents worth. Sorry about your tuff luck there Colin. That really sucks, get another dog maybe?
Old 01-24-2004, 07:06 PM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Just wondering: do you have a lot of friends but you can't rate anyone of them as your best friend??? I feel this way...

So... hmm, can't help you...
Old 01-24-2004, 07:27 PM   #12
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HoundDog) I think dogs make the best friends in the whole wide world too. fuck people... they will shit on you big time if you let them, dogs will love you with all they have, and then some...just my 2 cents worth. Sorry about your tuff luck there Colin. That really sucks, get another dog maybe?
No! No more dogs. No more pets. I have too many stories like creedlover15. Besides, I live in a dorm room. The only animals were allowed to have are fish and one certain kind of turtle.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Just wondering: do you have a lot of friends but you can't rate anyone of them as your best friend??? I feel this way...

So... hmm, can't help you...
No, Marcos, I don't have many friends. Never have. That's why I hate this so much right now. There's even people I've burried the hatched with, or so to speak, only to have them dig it up and throw it into my back. So no more of that, either.

H-D

Old 01-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
H-D, I'm sorry you're having such a crappy time of it. Aimee's right, though. People drift in and out of our lives for a lot of reasons and very few stay for life. I don't know what I would do without my friends. They are the best! And Jen's right. You really find out who your friends are when times are tough...Don't give up.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:53 PM   #14
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Colin, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I've had a few close friendships end as well. It sounds like you were trying to help your friend and for whatever reason, he couldn't accept or see that you were doing your best to be there for him. Everyone is right, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my friends. I believe that people are brought into our lives to teach us something about ourselves or life in general. Remember that we're here for you and care about you.

Relearn Love
Old 01-24-2004, 11:42 PM   #15
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
My friends have helped me through so much crap that I have been through, they have been down the tough roads that I have been down, and haven't given up on me once, my friendships, mean everything to me. Yeah they don't last forever, and I know that when we all leave college and go our seperate ways we probaly won't even keep in contact, but I am treasuring my friendships and making the most of what I have while I have it.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006