++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-21-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
WichitaCreed1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Nothing compares...

Yes, I love the new song by Alter Bridge, and was highly anticipating hearing it, but nothing will compare to the anticipation I had for "My Sacrifice". When I heard it for the first time, I couldn't believe it, it was so awesome..."Open Your Eyes" is awesome, but "My Sacrifice" made a bigger impression on me the first time I heard it...

Last edited by WichitaCreed1 : 06-23-2004 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
yes, I think so too. It sort of had this majestic quality to it with the intro and all that.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by WichitaCreed1) Yes, I love the new song by Alter Bridge, and was highly anticipating hearing it, but nothing will compare to the anticipation I had for "My Sacrifice". When I heard it for the first time, I couldn't believe it, it was so awesome..."Open Your Eyes" is awesome, by "My Sacrifice" made a bigger impression on me the first time I heard it...
AMEN AND AMEN
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) yes, I think so too. It sort of had this majestic quality to it with the intro and all that.
Majestic Yes Thats The Way I Heared It The First Time, And All That!!!! What A Sound, SHAKING!!!!!!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-21-2004, 01:30 PM   #5
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I agree "My Sacrifice" really touched my soul the first time I heard it the words the delivery and the music it was just that powerful to me. OYE does nothing for me it just seems like a top 40 song.

Just my opinion.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:08 PM   #6
multifast1
USER INFO »
I agree about My Sacrifice being a more powerful song... but you're comparing Creed's biggest hit of their career spanning 3 full CD's worth of music to the first single by a new band??? I read this and thought, "Yeah, so what's your point?" Did someone try to make the point that this was better than any Creed song ever and you are responding?
Old 06-21-2004, 02:54 PM   #7
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I don't know about My Sacrifice, but for me, nothing compares to when I heard My Own Prison on the radio the first time back in late 1997 / early 1998.

Personally I think "Open Your Eyes" is a better tune than My Sacrifice. I really think I'm liking Myles' voice better than Stapp's. As of now, nothing will beat the My Own Prison CD, but I am thinking this new AB CD just may beat out Human Clay and Weathered in my book

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #8
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
As of now I have only heard the lyrics to OYE but comparing the lyrical side of this to My Sacrifice, My Sacrifice, to me, is better. OYE is amazing, it really is, but My Sacrifce was a song that hit me deeply once I heard it, because it relates to something I have been through, and it hit me hard
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #9
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) I agree about My Sacrifice being a more powerful song... but you're comparing Creed's biggest hit of their career spanning 3 full CD's worth of music to the first single by a new band??? I read this and thought, "Yeah, so what's your point?" Did someone try to make the point that this was better than any Creed song ever and you are responding?

actually I think Higher and WAWO were bigger hits than MS

My Sacrifice will always be one of my favorites because it's the song that got me into Creed. WWE used the song during their "Desire" vignettes and that's where i first heard it.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 06-21-2004, 05:57 PM   #10
WichitaCreed1
USER INFO »
I'm not saying one song is better than the other, I was just saying that the expectation of "My Sacrifice" blew me away more than "Open Your Eyes" did, that's all...
Old 06-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #11
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
WAWO was the first song i heard from creed and the reason i took interest in the band

WAWO owns all songs

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 06-21-2004, 09:16 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I don't know about My Sacrifice, but for me, nothing compares to when I heard My Own Prison on the radio the first time back in late 1997 / early 1998.

Personally I think "Open Your Eyes" is a better tune than My Sacrifice. I really think I'm liking Myles' voice better than Stapp's. As of now, nothing will beat the My Own Prison CD, but I am thinking this new AB CD just may beat out Human Clay and Weathered in my book
Old 06-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) WAWO was the first song i heard from creed and the reason i took interest in the band

WAWO owns all songs
How Come
Old 06-21-2004, 11:26 PM   #14
Echelon122
USER INFO »
I still don't get people comparing things...but whatever at this point.

I was more excited for this song than I was eagerly awaiting hearing MS on the radio. I knew it (Open Your Eyes) was going to be different...this isn't just the first single of a new album...it's the first single from a new band!!

Yes, I was excited for MS in 2001....but I was excited for this one in a different way..

I think WAWO was the biggest hit, especially in terms of air play, then Higher. I think One Last Breath was their biggest hit off Weathered, then My Sacrifice.

Quote: My Sacrifice will always be one of my favorites because it's the song that got me into Creed. WWE used the song during their "Desire" vignettes and that's where i first heard it.

I LOVED the way WWE promoted the song and album. So well done.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:12 AM   #15
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
ditto
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell