++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 05:04 PM   #46
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) Hi all. First post to this site.. but not new at all to Creed fan sites or this site really. Lemme first say I've been a HUGE fan of Creed's music for a long time and still am. Even got to meet the band in person during a sound check near the end of their last tour (well, all except Stapp).

That said, I have to say I agree with much of what was said about Stapp in the first post. That is to say I have the same "impression" of him as a person. As a singer I think he's awesome, but from what I've seen (and yes heard) of him over the past few years.. I've got a very bad vibe about him.

Now, obviously Ferez1 shouldn't have resorted to name calling and all of the other things I think he was bated into.. (one of the first replies he got was "I think you should DYE" omg!!!).. I agree with much of what he is saying. As a fan I find this very troubling. In my opinion, much of Creed's negative perception out their is directly because of Stapp and his attitude. I have no doubt it also played a major role in the break-up too. Can't be certain but it's my impression.

I mean a bb is meant for sharing ideas and thoughts. When you ask someone to "prove" his ideas by writing an essay on everything that lead to this idea... c'mon. Ferez1 wrote somethings he's seems to regret but I think others have posted some just as offensive replies in my opinion without adding any value whatsoever.

Anyway, this has always been a great site for Creed info. I hope to post here when I can.
Wow! I didn't realize so many people here knew Scott so well that they feel they are an authority on his personality.

You don't think other people here have posted anything that has added value? Well, I beg to differ. Others of us are simply trying to point out that the opinions of Scott and/or Mark are just that .... OPINIONS!!!! None of us know these guys personally. The things that have been said here are being put out there as if they are facts ... and they're not. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for some examples of why someone feels the way they do ... especially when they obviously feel so strongly. That person said they wanted to discuss it ... okay ... then discuss it! Don't just come here and give a completely one-sided opinion, call everyone names (like us "idiots" who like Stapp) and then not be ready to back up what you've said.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:12 PM   #47
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
I think we're getting new people because they just wanna trash Scott. Personally Ferez1, keep your opinions to yourself. If you really liked Creed, you wouldn't have comeon to trash him like that.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 02-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #48
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: In my opinion, much of Creed's negative perception out their is directly because of Stapp and his attitude. I have no doubt it also played a major role in the break-up too. Can't be certain but it's my impression.

You have no doubt, huh? Were you in the room when all these decisions were made? Please...Where were all you *fans* when there wasn't all this controversy or difference of opinion? I think Alisha's right. You're here to stir up trouble. And I'm sorry, but people shouldn't talk out of their asses without being able to back up their opinions. If you can't, then keep it to yourself.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #49
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by benkenobi) I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is supposed to be. Mark is doing his band's album and Scott is doing his solo project. There's not really a problem.
That's what I'm thinking. On Craig Kilborn, he said the he, Tremo, Flip, and Marshall committed to the band for 10 years... and it's been 10 years. He said they haven't broken up, but are taking time to explore other things.

Old 02-09-2004, 06:33 PM   #50
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by multifast1) In my opinion, much of Creed's negative perception out their is directly because of Stapp and his attitude. I have no doubt it also played a major role in the break-up too. Can't be certain but it's my impression.

Can you explain what you mean by attitude....what is it about his attitude that you have such a problem with?

Knowing what I know now.....it seems that some members wanted to do things that maybe pushed the envelope...and some maybe didn't want Creed to go in that direction.....so they are doing their own thing on their own for a while.....why does it have to be some dirty feud between members?
Old 02-09-2004, 07:05 PM   #51
JenRN
USER INFO »
It amazes me how immature and ridiculous people can be. You come on here FEREZ1 and "think" your opinion really matters. Well let me tell you it is old news. People like you have been on here before to trash and stir up crap, get a new hobby Just what did you think you would do coming to a CREED website and trashing the lead singer? You knew EXACTELY what you were going to get and I think that is so lame. I can tell by your bad grammer you are not from the states, go find another website to complain to you are boring us.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-09-2004, 07:27 PM   #52
creedlvr
USER INFO »
and take Multifast1 with you!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:38 PM   #53
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
First, if you want to start good discussions you may do so but present them in a positive mannor. If you want to flame the band or the members of the band, do so somewhere else.

This discussion has been brought up several times. Yes you are new to the board, but the problem is the regulars here have dealt with this so many times in the past it gets annoying to see. Bringing up the same topics floods up the message board. It gets annoying. Please try the search function of the board and find if a conversation similar to yours has already been started before. (Note: this is just a word of advice for you and everyone else too)

Now to adress your posts:

Quote: 1) Saying he wishs they could do as much as Pearl Jam have, then saying he could "kick Eddie Veddar's ass!"
Find the full transcript of the interview where he said this please and paste it here. I think the comment Stapp made was more or less a joke. Stapp, Creed, Eddie Vedder, and Pearl Jam are sick and tired of hearing these comments about both bands that both laugh and play it off now. They joke about it because it's been said so many times.

Quote: 2) Blantantly sacking Marshall because he wasn't afraid to say what he felt.(which obviously ain allowed on this message board)
We don't know the reason why Marshall was removed from the band - only speculation.

Quote: 3) Saying that Creed will end when HE feels they can't go any further.
Please show me the exact quote here... from my memory he said "WE" not "HE"

Quote: 4)He was kicked out of college for marijuana, not to mention aforementioned barroom brawls, being sued for being completely wasted in concert, etc.)
How does his college years and one fight in a bar make him arrogant? Please explain the logic there?

Quote: 5) He's being sued for his disgraceful Chicago performance, then has the GALL to defend himself! He can't even own up to his mistakes
So you wouldn't defend yourself in the same situation? It's human nature to defend yourself against acqusations.

Quote: 6) I feel it to be a giant slap in the face of any Christian to openly impersonate Jesus Christ.
Dogstar summed this point up already previously. No need for me to comment on this again.

Quote: 7) THE PUNCHING INCIDENT "Some local went up to Scott while he was dancing," says the witness, "and said, 'You should've stuck with Pearl Jam.' So Scott yelled back, 'You wanna disrespect me?' and starts screaming. And the other guy was like, 'You're not a superstar.'" Stapp then punched the other man in the face, giving him a bloody lip and black eye, before the crowd could break them up.
Again, how does this make him arrogant? Most people would probably do the same thing in the same position. Was this action he took the right one? Probably not, but he's only human.

Like others said, worship the music, not the musicians.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #54
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Old 02-09-2004, 07:42 PM   #55
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
Ha.

Wat u on about, not from the states?! wat has that to do wiv anything? Just because i disagree wiv u don't mean that i'm borin u! I'm from England, u know, that little country that always has to clean up your stupid yankie mess!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:55 PM   #56
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by FEREZ1) Wat u on about, not from the states?! wat has that to do wiv anything? Just because i disagree wiv u don't mean that i'm borin u! I'm from England, u know, that little country that always has to clean up your stupid yankie mess!

Um...Please What the hell does that have to do with Creed or this board? Get a damn clue
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-09-2004, 08:00 PM   #57
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
the end

You know, you guys should learn to not be so protective and accept other people's point of view. Do you see me tellin people to shut up, or to go and die! Very mature! My post was strong worded, only because i feel that strongly about the issue. Tellin me to die and so forth just cuz you disagree is a real sign of maturity you know!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:02 PM   #58
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Ya well, I think I hear some crumpets and tea calling , so get lost
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
One overzealous person said to die, so get a grip. I'm not condoning that, but you invited this when you came in flaming the band with very little to back up what you perceive as fact. You brought this on yourself. No one's being *protective* of anything. We're simply asking that you back up what you say, and so far, you haven't. Your post was rude in addition to strong-worded. Strong-worded would be fine if you could back up what you said. But you didn't.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #60
FEREZ1
USER INFO »
wat?

I don't need facts to back it up! Its a bloody opinion! Thats what this is, a place to air your opinions!!!?? You dont agree? I don't say i have all the answers but i'm trying to make up for it and be polite, and all you morons keep insultin me.
I used to like creed, but then i discovered Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana etc... you know, REAL rock bands, not this watered down, manufactured rubbish you all listen to.
In fifty years time, when these bands are remembered for being the geniuses they are, i guarentee all you idiots will look back and say, "god, that guy was right! i used to listen to some right crap!"
You are probably all pre-pubescent kids who think creed are the shit!! A real rock fan knows that Creed are an embarrassment to the rock scene, and their insults are deserved. You want facts to back that up? Look at all the best albums lists. No creed mate! In fifty years time no one will remember them. They are just a fad, romanticized by naive youngsters who think Stapp is the next Robert Plant. Creed have no respect amongst their peers, because real musicians know who the phonies are! They laugh at them because they see them for the joke they are, and selling millions of records dont make you the bleedin Beatles, just ask Britney Spears.
Closed Thread