++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-07-2005, 04:08 PM   #31
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
True, Marcos. He needs to get the album done.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-07-2005, 05:14 PM   #32
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Anyone remember last spring when Scott was doing the TV Talk show tour about his upcoming project with 7 Aurealis? Remember, he said it would be a mix between rock and stuff that would make your 15's go thump in the back?? I do. I remember it was a year ago. I remember it was back when he swore Creed was just taking a break. Now, here it is a year later. My 15's still aren't thumping. However, I have seen Alterbridge twice. And they were awesome. Fresh.

I KNOW that Stapp has the potential to rock my world with his live performance. I KNOW that he has incredible stage presence, and I KNOW that I'd like to hear some new stuff from him. But I have to agree with uncertaindrummer in that his Creed fanbase (again, some, not all) will start to dwindle with time. And the longer he takes in producing some product, the farther back in our minds he'll go. And I do agree, it's probably going to end up like "Scott who? Oh, that guy from Creed."

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Anyone remember last spring when Scott was doing the TV Talk show tour about his upcoming project with 7 Aurealis? Remember, he said it would be a mix between rock and stuff that would make your 15's go thump in the back?? I do. I remember it was a year ago. I remember it was back when he swore Creed was just taking a break. Now, here it is a year later. My 15's still aren't thumping. However, I have seen Alterbridge twice. And they were awesome. Fresh.

I KNOW that Stapp has the potential to rock my world with his live performance. I KNOW that he has incredible stage presence, and I KNOW that I'd like to hear some new stuff from him. But I have to agree with uncertaindrummer in that his Creed fanbase (again, some, not all) will start to dwindle with time. And the longer he takes in producing some product, the farther back in our minds he'll go. And I do agree, it's probably going to end up like "Scott who? Oh, that guy from Creed."

I hope it doesn't end up like that, but, sadly, I've realized that it's a possibility. If Scott could just put that album out within the next few months, it would shut everyone(including myself) up about the lack of new material. As you said, when Scott releases the new stuff and goes on tour, he has the potential to be awesome. But he has to release the CD first. When Creed broke up, I viewed it in a positive light that now we're gonna get twice the amount of great music. Alter Bridge has already delivered and now it's Stapp's turn. And I know that when he does put the CD out, it's gonna rock.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #34
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Am I wrong here? I mean, when even titan9 admits he is getting annoyed, Stapp has to be doing something VERY dumb. As others has said, you CAN get a record out a lot faster than this. It isn't like they are moving as fast as they can.

No Stephen, you're right!! It's quite obvious: Stapp needs to give us something ! He needs to came out with some stuff !!Relearn Love is the only thing in amost a year!.. And he's still pre-recording the songs!It seems he' not focusing in his solo career, and I can't think what he means...
He seems totally lost...
Yeah, you know I'm a Stapp's die-hard fan, but I am getting annoyed too...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-07-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #35
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well good, because if diehard Stapp fans WEREN'T getting annoyed I would have to proclaim you insane, lol. I know that if I were to switch positions (put AB in Scott's place and vise versa) I would be PULLING MY HAIR out with how mad I would be at Tremonti.

Fortunately for me I don't have to worry about that, but the point remains the same.

Scott has to come out with an album before he has no fans left.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:13 PM   #36
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
This is getting to be bad. A year later and still nothing. And I don't buy the "taking the time to produce quality music" argument. Creed shelled out their music fairly quickly. And I think everyone here would say that Creed's music wasn't crap, even if it were written fairly quickly.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-08-2005, 12:21 AM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Exactly, Steve. Like I said...Chinese Democracy.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:03 AM   #38
Trimontana
USER INFO »
The Stapp neverending album...i agree with Kerri.

Last edited by Trimontana : 03-08-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #39
Agent D
USER INFO »
Yeah, personally, I've just given up hope.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #40
Scotts Angel
USER INFO »
I think good things come to those who wait! I also will NEVER give up on Scott. I always got the impression that Scott is a perfecionist, and he wants to give his fans better than his best. I for one really enjoyed his song: "Relearn Love". I think the wait will only sweeten the deal when his new CD comes out. I think it will be like an old beloved lost friend, those old feelings will come rushing back pounding in your heart, and in your head. It will be like we were never apart!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #41
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yeah, personally, I've just given up hope.

...well, that's your choice and so it seems to be that of quite a few others, too...gotta say that in that case...it just leaves more for everybody else that didn't give up...

Oh, and btw, Tremontana...since you have said i should address you on the board instead of PM...

in reply to the PM i sent you...YOU were the one that made the "comment" of a personal nature...not me.

as you suggested...discuss the music...not the musician, a lot of people could do well to remember that the next time they decide to "just speak their mind"...take care, sweetie...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-08-2005, 08:56 PM   #42
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well this thread was rather useless.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:12 PM   #43
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) ...well, that's your choice and so it seems to be that of quite a few others, too...gotta say that in that case...it just leaves more for everybody else that didn't give up...

Uh, yeah, because we're all missing out on so much by deciding not to defend Stapp's lateness at every turn. As for leaving more for those of you who haven't given up, well, that's not true because I'll still buy the damn cd when it comes out. I'm just not camping outside Circuit City just yet.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well this thread was rather useless.

I'd have to agree.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:57 PM   #44
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Excuse me, can anyone lend me a crowbar? I think it's going to take more than just brute force to pry Ann's head out of Stapp's ass. Sorry Ann, but I think you're really putting way too much faith in one person who doesn't seem as passionate about his own solo stuff as you do.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:27 AM   #45
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Excuse me, can anyone lend me a crowbar? I think it's going to take more than just brute force to pry Ann's head out of Stapp's ass. Sorry Ann, but I think you're really putting way too much faith in one person who doesn't seem as passionate about his own solo stuff as you do.

LMAO!!! Not only do you have his entire off time composed into a time-line, (I remember this, I remember that...15's thumping, blah, blah, blah) you know about his fanbase...and now his passion!!!!! Not to mention where Ann's head may be. (Ann, sorry if I stepped over the line, my apologies)

AND your questioning someone else's faith...OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

But damn, just yesterday...this info wasn't worthy. You've changed your mind?? LMAO again!!!!!!!!!!

Mods poking fun at their own members. Ain't that just the way.

Oh, and to uncertaindrummer. I'm not annoyed, just think of it this way. I don't have the same mindset you do.....

Gotta go....nosebleed. It's that "being on a cross" thing again. High altitude an all. I'm hoping with those rose colored glasses I wear, no one will notice....LMAO..... .