++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #46
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Alter Bridge Attacks

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) no one is taking ab's word as gospel...i fucking hate the fact that every stapp lover/fan has to come out and say "oh it's a double standard this and a double standard that.." no, it really isn't. i listen to both sides and form my own opinions based on that, for both bands. sounds to me that some are taking the living things side of the story as the truth and not ab's. ab doesn't deny a fight, they deny that a band member was in the fight.

Stapp lover/fan? I consider myself strictly a fan of his music, but more of an AB fan. I just think it's ridiculous how some people will quickly take AB's side, yet quickly dismiss everything that Stapp says.

I'm not taking either side's story as the truth. I'm forming my own opinions. At the moment, I believe AB's side of the story.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) ab was backstage preparing for their set. how could they be in a fight? michael and more than one fan said no band members were in the fight. one of the fans was up on the balcony for the show so he had a better view than those in the pit and he said no band member was in the fight. mark plays guitar for 4-6 hours everyday, playing up until 5 minutes before going on stage for ab's set. so, mark wasn't the "unidentified" band member. myles warms his voice up before the set. wasn't him either. flip stretches his arms/forearms/plays on a practice pad to get his wrists loose. wasn't him. brian stretches his forearms as well. wasn't him. the band as a whole sits down to go over the setlist and they do their little pow wow type thing to get each other all pumped up before their set.

Never did I say that they were in the fight. All I did was defend Ana when someone here, I felt, insulted her opinion. That's it, nothing more than that. For the record, I do believe that no AB band members were involved in the fight. I'm not denying that.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:44 AM   #47
Creed7352
USER INFO »

then that wasn't directed at you man...it was for those that keep saying ab was involved etc..they weren't.

and i didn't say you were a stapp lover, just put that cause it seems that stapp lovers and fans do that. i was just expressing my feelings on this subject as i've read what people have been posting on a few different sites and i just happened to post here.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #48
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

Quote: people will quickly take AB's side, yet quickly dismiss everything that Stapp says.

Well, a reason for that is AB doesn't have a past of fights and confusion while Stapp does.

The next time, God forbid, AB is envolved in a polemic like that, people won't be so kind.

Many defended Stapp, including myself, back in the day until he insisted on getting the wrong headlines...

Edit: Not directed towards anybody, it's just an overall impression of facts.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #49
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) and i didn't say you were a stapp lover, just put that cause it seems that stapp lovers and fans do that. i was just expressing my feelings on this subject as i've read what people have been posting on a few different sites and i just happened to post here.

Well, I'm not a Stapp lover(a fan, yes, but I will not defend stuff outside of his music), and yet I'm saying this stuff. Guess it doesn't always apply, eh?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Well, a reason for that is AB doesn't have a past of fights and confusion while Stapp does.

The next time, God forbid, AB is envolved in a polemic like that, people won't be so kind.

Many defended Stapp, including myself, back in the day until he insisted on getting the wrong headlines...

See, I'm not so sure about that. I'm not so sure people won't be so kind, that they won't give AB the benefit of the doubt. Because I think a lot of people will, which I think....well....I just think people should really look at things subjectively and make up their mind after hearing everything, from both sides. I know there are some(and not you guys) who are going to take AB's side no matter what, even if it does appear that they are guilty. I'm not necessarily talking about this whole thing, but I'm talking about things that could happen in the future.

I just wish people would look at Stapp's mistakes(and God knows there will be more in the future) with an unbiased, subjective viewpoint. Which is something that I definitely have not seen over the past year or two.

I'm not saying that you should automatically convict AB or Stapp when something negative happens to either, or that you should treat what Stapp says as the truth. All I'm saying is that everyone(myself included) should try to be a bit more open, a bit more subjective, when it comes to discussing anything negative that happens to AB or Stapp.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #50
Creed7352
USER INFO »

i agree, in a perfect world they would look at things that way, but it's far from a perfect world...lol. people are people and that just won't happen, unless it's someone that is not involved in either ab or stapp's music careers (by involved i mean a fan, casual listener, someone who's read all the stories or heard them on stapp, etc...). it just won't happen.

ETA: because of all the shit that's happened with this group of 4 people over the last 10 years, people are just so used to defending them and quick to do it that it's just a natural reaction to automatically jump on here or other bb's and defend them.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #51
titan9
USER INFO »

^ Quite true. I've gotten past the point where I defend anything outside the music(for both Stapp and AB). I think you probably know why.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #52
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Well, a reason for that is AB doesn't have a past of fights and confusion while Stapp does.

Edit: Not directed towards anybody, it's just an overall impression of facts.

I honestly believe that Brian Marshall has a few skeletons in the closet. Nothing against him, I love the guy... however, he's the one that I could see getting into a scuffle.