++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 01-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #46
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Spielberg's Munich causes controversy

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) What basically is the reason for not-allowing gay marriage, besides the obvious 'the bible said so'? And keep in mind, I already answered to the biological and STD-arguements.
Reading below, I see Chase mentioned the fact that a homosexual population could not survive. Beyond that, I understand that, in the Scandinavian countries, gay marriage was legalized in sometime between 10 and 20 years ago. In the years since then, heterosexual marriage, as an institution, has become significantly less common. I'm not asserting that, with an option for homosexual marriage or union, a bunch of heteros went gay or anything. However, it seems to me that this move represents an overall social shift, one in which traditional and conservative social institutions and norms are overturned (such that the younger generation is getting married at an alarmingly lesser rate). And, for something like that to happen, I would imagine there would need to be an overwhelmingly liberal population. In the U.S., that is not so. There are liberal populations predominantly in the Northeast and Pacific West, but just about everywhere in between is conservative. The vast vast vast majority of the population likely falls between "moderately liberal" and "moderately conservative" on the political spectrum. Thus, we're not ready for a complete overhaul of traditional customs and practices.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #47
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) And even these absolute rules aren't that absolute, because I can remember a passage that states, 'thou shalt not kill', yet if the state does the killing, there seems nothing wrong with it.
As for myself, I'm not too fond of capital punishment or war, for this very reason.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:25 AM   #48
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) But I guess I should realize that you're from a country that parades prostitutes in windows, prides itself on legalizing marijuana, and has the Hague. Liberalism defines the Netherlands... just as conservatism still defines much of America's policies .

Ya know...its amazing the way you always get pissed off when someone here criticizes Bush ( what means US foreign policy and NOT your country) but in other hand you are constantly being disrespectful to the other countries ( paiting an image of imorality -corruption) with your erroneous and biased point of views...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 01-28-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #49
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) If there was a population of homosexuals... they would go extinct after one generation. Explain that to me. Why would they not be able to reproduce? Biologically... there is no benefit to gay sex whatsoever.

So basically you're saying, if we allow gay marriage, everybody will be going gay and the population will go extinct.

I haven't seen any hetero's going over to 'the other side' over here, since it became legal to marry someone of your own gender.

Biologically, there is a lot to be said for f..king around, if you take the 'go hence and multiply'-advice/rule literally. I don't see you praising that.

As I've stated before, it isn't the sole reason of relations or even our existence to make sure there is offspring.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 01-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #50
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Ya know...its amazing the way you always get pissed off when someone here criticizes Bush ( what means US foreign policy and NOT your country) but in other hand you are constantly being disrespectful to the other countries ( paiting an image of imorality -corruption) with your erroneous and biased point of views...

You think I'm lying? The Dutch have legalized marijuana and prostitution. That right there makes up a large part of Amsterdam's tourism.

And you're calling my views biased? You're the one who is even against the allies getting rid of the Taliban in Afghanistan... the government that directly funded 9/11.

I only respond to people that attack my country on these boards.

Last edited by Chase : 01-28-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #51
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) So basically you're saying, if we allow gay marriage, everybody will be going gay and the population will go extinct.

I haven't seen any hetero's going over to 'the other side' over here, since it became legal to marry someone of your own gender.

Biologically, there is a lot to be said for f..king around, if you take the 'go hence and multiply'-advice/rule literally. I don't see you praising that.

As I've stated before, it isn't the sole reason of relations or even our existence to make sure there is offspring.

Biologically... reproduction is a fundamental part of our existence. Human beings haven't always viewed sex as a pleasureful experience, they did it out of instinct. I never said if gay marriage is allowed, everyone will go gay. I simply said that if there was an isolated population of homosexuals... they were go extinct after a generation. Explain to me why that is. If homosexual is this healthy lifestyle, explain to me the benefits of homosexuality. I don't find an increase of getting STDs to be appealing, nor do I find the impossibility of having children to be either.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #52
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You think I'm lying? The Dutch have legalized marijuana and prostitution. That right there makes up a large part of Amsterdam's tourism.

And you're calling my views biased? You're the one who is even against the allies getting rid of the Taliban in Afghanistan... the government that directly funded 9/11.

I only respond to people that attack my country on these boards.

No one is attacking YOUR COUNTRY here!!!!! I cant understand why you cant see it!!!!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #53
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I simply said that if there was an isolated population of homosexuals... they were go extinct after a generation. Explain to me why that is. If homosexual is this healthy lifestyle, explain to me the benefits of homosexuality. I don't find an increase of getting STDs to be appealing, nor do I find the impossibility of having children to be either.

I have nothing against homosexuality-- I think people have the right to live their lives the same way I live mine-- and I alao think its getting boring and unfruitful to keep this discussion --homosexuality is an very OLD issue , present in many cultures thoughout the History.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #54
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I have nothing against homosexuality-- I think people have the right to live their lives the same way I live mine-- and I alao think its getting boring and unfruitful to keep this discussion --homosexuality is an very OLD issue , present in many cultures thoughout the History.

So, basically you can't explain the benefits to the lifestyle. I have yet to hear anyone expain why it's a good lifestyle. You agree with it, fine... but I haven't either of you explain the positives of it.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:39 PM   #55
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) So, basically you can't explain the benefits to the lifestyle. I have yet to hear anyone expain why it's a good lifestyle. You agree with it, fine... but I haven't either of you explain the positives of it.

Why you are always trying to change my words, Chase? I didnt say I was agreeing WITH it- (homosexuality) -- I said I have nothing AGAINST it! Its different. But to me character is much more important that sexuality.
Imagine THIS: you have a friend who you really really like but one day he reveals to you that hes gay...will you stop this friendship based in prejudices? just because you cant agree with his lifestyle??
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 01-28-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #56
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Why you are always trying to change my words, Chase? I didnt say I was agreeing WITH it- (homosexuality) -- I said I have nothing AGAINST it! Its different. But to me character is much more important that sexuality.
Imagine THIS: you have a friend who you really really like but one day he reveals to you that hes gay...will you stop this friendship based in prejudices? just because you cant agree with his lifestyle??

No, not at all... but I would definately not agree with it. I have had friends who got into drugs and because I'm so against drugs... I had a major problem with it. I have friends and coworkers who are gay. Yet, with all due respect, can you find any biological benefits to homosexuality?
Old 01-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #57
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) No, not at all... but I would definately not agree with it. I have had friends who got into drugs and because I'm so against drugs... I had a major problem with it. I have friends and coworkers who are gay. Yet, with all due respect, can you find any biological benefits to homosexuality?

Well I was asking about homosexuality -- drugs are other situation...you cant compare gays to people who are addicted in drugs...

Can you find any biological benefits in hetero couples who are steriles?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #58
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Well I was asking about homosexuality -- drugs are other situation...you cant compare gays to people who are addicted in drugs...

Can you find any biological benefits in hetero couples who are steriles?

In terms of reproduction, no. I like how you won't answer my question. Can you find any biological benefits to homosexuality?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #59
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) In terms of reproduction, no. I like how you won't answer my question. Can you find any biological benefits to homosexuality?

LOL!!!! The same here cause I love when you ignore my questions...

Biological benefits concerning to sex except reproduction?

...but I really doubt if you consider about biological benefits when you are going to have sex with someone ...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 01-28-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #60
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Well, after a lot of mischances a nd delays finallyI saw Munich this night and my opinion is that I saw best Spielberg's movie in many years. There's a word to summarize it is impressive. A strong and impressive film. We cant leave the theater without a a lump in the throat.Okay, it is none too pleasant...and never could be this way...since its subject is terrorism that result from hate and intolerance. Theres no hero or happy end in this.

Its also an extremely violent movie despite the possible 'romantization' that shows no " good or bad guys" or even right and "wrong sides"...and at this point I remember a review complaining about the impartial Spielberg who avoided in choose sides...or even painting a 'sympathetic portrait of the Palestinians'.

Eric Bana is a Mossad agent (Avner Kauffman) who leads a group of men that needs to eliminate the names they take on faith as the architects of the Munich massacre. Hes a man who fights all the time with his own conscience until the end...

Disturbing movie! Amazing movie!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )