++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-13-2005, 06:53 PM   #46
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) First off, all good rock and roll came from the seventies.
um, not to nitpick, but you're forgetting the '60s. beatles, stones, cream, yardbirds, zep, hendrix... the good shit

Old 09-13-2005, 08:34 PM   #47
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) i agree with you Anna. I love country music but for someone that still thinks is a rock star sing something like that doesnt suit him at all. the song is aweful, i didnt like it and i suppose that it will have some air time cause sounds very cheese pop country stuff.

Oh my god you have got to be kidding, now i'm really gonna be sick myles kennedy a great singer, blahhh. Stapps song sounds nothing like country which goes to show how much some of the people here know about music, obviously youve never heard rascal flats, or any country music for that matter. Honestly kennedy's voice in one day remains was horrible and for people to even put him in the same boat as Stapp would have to be crazy. If kennedy went on a solo career noone would even care, the guy has no talent and should be starring in the upcoming sequel to Rockstar, its called POSER !, starring myles kennedy directed by ...wait who cares..

Secondly His new song is way more enjoyable to listen to than kennedy singing one day remains, I liked the cd, but aside from the kick ass licks and drums, the cd did nothing for me. Broken wings was a good song from a musical standpoint but once kennedy sank his chops into it it was all over.

Third...Tremonti not concerned with selling records and being all that , gimme a break that guy has done more advertising for this mediocre cd than anything i have ever seen..espn...radio..tv...Websites...Dont talk about him not caring about being in the limelight as im sure if him and stapp were able to coexist alter bridge would be an afterthought to putting out another creed cd, regardless of what he says in the press.

Suck on that stapp haters..peace
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 09-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #48
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Oh my god you have got to be kidding, now i'm really gonna be sick myles kennedy a great singer, blahhh. Stapps song sounds nothing like country which goes to show how much some of the people here know about music, obviously youve never heard rascal flats, or any country music for that matter. Honestly kennedy's voice in one day remains was horrible and for people to even put him in the same boat as Stapp would have to be crazy. If kennedy went on a solo career noone would even care, the guy has no talent and should be starring in the upcoming sequel to Rockstar, its called POSER !, starring myles kennedy directed by ...wait who cares..

Secondly His new song is way more enjoyable to listen to than kennedy singing one day remains, I liked the cd, but aside from the kick ass licks and drums, the cd did nothing for me. Broken wings was a good song from a musical standpoint but once kennedy sank his chops into it it was all over.

Third...Tremonti not concerned with selling records and being all that , gimme a break that guy has done more advertising for this mediocre cd than anything i have ever seen..espn...radio..tv...Websites...Dont talk about him not caring about being in the limelight as im sure if him and stapp were able to coexist alter bridge would be an afterthought to putting out another creed cd, regardless of what he says in the press.

Suck on that stapp haters..peace

I was so aggervated by the barrage of haters I also forgot to address earlier comments from uncertain on the originality of scotts new song...First the lyrics, yeah they may not be the greatest but they were better than anything on one day remains...I can actually count how many times the song titles for down to my last , broken wings ect have been used in other 80's songs. There was nothing great lyrically from one day remains a=with the exception of i loving memory, they were all pot shots at stapp laced with kennedy's annying nasally imitation of led ZEPPLIN.

The instrumentals, I liked this but i cannot help feeling that half the shredding and guitar riffs were lifted off and 80's album somewhere. I liked tremo's solos which were great but they need to get back to their bread and butter with songs like bullets or metalingus, not his 80's ripoff songs like down to my last.

Its also funny how easily stapps new guitarist was able to vibe with him, yeah it may sound creedesqe, but if this album does do really well, it will make us think a little more that yeah scott was the man in creed.
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 09-14-2005, 08:41 AM   #49
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Right now: Stapp - Kennedy // 18-54

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-14-2005, 08:46 AM   #50
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) um, not to nitpick, but you're forgetting the '60s. beatles, stones, cream, yardbirds, zep, hendrix... the good shit

Well, I meant from the seventies or BEFORE. Of course there was rock n roll from the sixties.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:51 AM   #51
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: Honestly kennedy's voice in one day remains was horrible and for people to even put him in the same boat as Stapp would have to be crazy.

No, you are crazy. Any good musician can tell you that Myles' voice blows Scott's out of the water by a LONG shot.

[quote=Tremontixriffs]I was so aggervated by the barrage of haters I also forgot to address earlier comments from uncertain on the originality of scotts new song...First the lyrics, yeah they may not be the greatest but they were better than anything on one day remains...I can actually count how many times the song titles for down to my last , broken wings ect have been used in other 80's songs. There was nothing great lyrically from one day remains a=with the exception of i loving memory, they were all pot shots at stapp laced with kennedy's annying nasally imitation of led ZEPPLIN.[quote]

Why can you never get over the whole Stapp/AB comparison? This is a Stapp/Kennedy comparison. AB's lyrics suck. There is no doubting that. But they certainly are not worse than Scott's new "song" and they could be argued as better. Either way it doesn't matter much because Myles didn't write the lyrics to ODR, Mark did.

And the fact that you say the lyrics were potshots at Stapp show your total and complete ignorance on the subject. I defy you to show me one verse that is a potshot at Stapp.

And if Myles is impersonating Robert Plant, MORE POWER TO HIM. LZ is 4,000 times better than anything out today, and 60,000 times better than Creed ever was, and 400,000 times better than Stapp will ever be.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:46 AM   #52
Annie
USER INFO »
I will give 3 points to Scott!!!
He's got it all
Old 09-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #53
in reality
USER INFO »
Annie, I agree with you. 3 points for Stapp. Stapp for me too.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #54
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yaoozzach, Myles is gaining points all the time! Stapp - Kennedy // 26-74
Old 09-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #55
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Hmm... as a singer, plus 2 points for Myles from me. As for the rest, I'm not voting...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #56
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) As for the rest, I'm not voting...
GAY, GAY, GAY, GAY GAAAAYYY!!!!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #57
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah, tell your girlfriend I said hi...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #58
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Eh... What? I didn't get that, were you just being nice, or are you trying to take my girlfriend away from me?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #59
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Myles owns Stapp big!! Stapp - Kennedy // 26-89

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-17-2005, 09:26 AM   #60
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Myles owns Stapp big!! Stapp - Kennedy // 26-89