++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-05-2003, 10:48 PM   #16
Weathered
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
lol whitebird......thats funny about you dog...anyway......stick around here...good to have you around
Old 02-07-2003, 06:28 PM   #17
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Whitebird, I have chills up and down my spine. It is amazing how certain things will play a roll in the healing of such a loss. I am sorry to hear about everything and I am glad to hear you endured such a special gift to help you through the hard times.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:19 PM   #18
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Weathered
im sorry a/b your loss......i myself have gone through a few losses of friends......only one of them hit me hard.....my friend who died in july 2000 at age 12 ....he had a heart attack due to heart problems he had all his life...that was the worst week of my life...music helped me get over it though....back then i wasnt a creed fan really...i knew of them and like the songs i heard on the radio but never heard their cds.....anyway....the other friends who died in the past few years was a teacher at my school....it didnt hit me really b/c she wasnt my teacher....but everyone who had her loved her...another one was the dad of my friend who died in july 2000....he also had heart problems most/all of his life not sure....and then in the last person i knwo who died....was in october of 2002...he had a brain tumor for the past few years.....he moved from here (pennsylvania) to atlanta georgia for better medical treatment but he eventually passed away...it didnt really hit me hard b/c i knew it was coming and i didnt know him that well...just talked to him every once in a while....

but yeah i couldnt live without music .....helps us get through a lot of situations
Dang That musta been really hard to find out about your friend like that I am very sorry for your loss
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-10-2003, 12:20 PM   #19
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Wow, Whitebird...What a story..I am sooo sorry for your loss. I have been blessed so far and have not lost anyone close to me yet...I am terrified I would lose my mind if I did, so I can't say I know what your going through cuz that would be a lie..But I believe music is more than just noise and lyrics are powerful enough with some bands, That they help you through alot..You are in my prayers, dear..you will be OK..
Old 01-02-2004, 11:14 PM   #20
whitebird
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) I lost a dear friend this past summer, and I would like to be able to share something that happened to me during this very diffucult time in my life. It relates to Creed.

One morning as I was sitting talking with my son, after I had awakened him, I heard a musical note lingering in the air. It was from an acoustic guitar. Just one note holding for several beats.
I turned to my son, and asked him if he had heard it, as it was very clear, and quite beautiful. He had not. There wasn't an easy explaination for it. There was a guitar sitting in the corner, but we were not near it at the time, and the sound did not seem to come from that direction. He asked me what it could be, and I told him "It would not be what, but whom". I could not think what meaning this could have, I so I put it into the back of my mind. Later that morning, I called my good friend to thank her for a card that she had sent to me, and I found out that she had been taken to the hospital. I was able to get to the hospital to see her, but she was in a drug induced coma. I stayed as long as I could in the ICU, but not being a family member, it was a very short time. She was scheduled for surgery the next day, and the family promised to let me know how she came thru. The next day passed, and I had not heard from them. The morning of the third day, I was again sitting in my son's room, again I heard the lingering guitar note. Again my son heard nothing. Later that morning I called my friend's family and I was told my friend had passed away the day before, and they had been unable to reach me. I was devastated.

In my grief I decided to play the music that I have grown to love. I played my Weathered CD. I had the music turned up, so I could concentrate on the words in the songs, and not my pain. The CD played, and it got to the last note of the last song, #11 Lullaby.
The lingering note that I had been hearing was the last note of the lullaby. I laughed and cried at the same time, and it was as though I had been given a gift. I was able to handle my grief for the loss of my friend much better after that. I even purchased a copy of the CD and gave it to my friend's son the day of her memorial service, and told him what had happened.

The day of her service, I came home and was sitting in the kitchen quietly thinking about her. I got up to get a glass of water, and thru the window I saw a whole flock of white egrets. I went outside, and you could see them flying in from every direction, joining the flock. They would lift off as a group, circling, and land in the same spot, time after time. One landed in the tree above me and I knew that this was meant as a special moment for me, to help me with my pain.

Where I live in Minnesota, you see one egret here, one egret there. I have never before seen such a beautiful sight. People might say it is egoistical for me to think this, but back in 1998 I had written a poem about myself as a young girl, referring to a song that I had danced to. The song was White Bird. The birds held great meaning for me, because in the poem, I am the white bird

There was no other name I could call myself when I entered this chat group.

Thank you.

This is one of the first posts that I made. Tonight I am remembering this special friend. Thank you for the support that you gave me, my dear friends at CreedFeed.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:00 AM   #21
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) I lost a dear friend this past summer, and I would like to be able to share something that happened to me during this very diffucult time in my life. It relates to Creed.

One morning as I was sitting talking with my son, after I had awakened him, I heard a musical note lingering in the air. It was from an acoustic guitar. Just one note holding for several beats.
I turned to my son, and asked him if he had heard it, as it was very clear, and quite beautiful. He had not. There wasn't an easy explaination for it. There was a guitar sitting in the corner, but we were not near it at the time, and the sound did not seem to come from that direction. He asked me what it could be, and I told him "It would not be what, but whom". I could not think what meaning this could have, I so I put it into the back of my mind. Later that morning, I called my good friend to thank her for a card that she had sent to me, and I found out that she had been taken to the hospital. I was able to get to the hospital to see her, but she was in a drug induced coma. I stayed as long as I could in the ICU, but not being a family member, it was a very short time. She was scheduled for surgery the next day, and the family promised to let me know how she came thru. The next day passed, and I had not heard from them. The morning of the third day, I was again sitting in my son's room, again I heard the lingering guitar note. Again my son heard nothing. Later that morning I called my friend's family and I was told my friend had passed away the day before, and they had been unable to reach me. I was devastated.

In my grief I decided to play the music that I have grown to love. I played my Weathered CD. I had the music turned up, so I could concentrate on the words in the songs, and not my pain. The CD played, and it got to the last note of the last song, #11 Lullaby.
The lingering note that I had been hearing was the last note of the lullaby. I laughed and cried at the same time, and it was as though I had been given a gift. I was able to handle my grief for the loss of my friend much better after that. I even purchased a copy of the CD and gave it to my friend's son the day of her memorial service, and told him what had happened.

The day of her service, I came home and was sitting in the kitchen quietly thinking about her. I got up to get a glass of water, and thru the window I saw a whole flock of white egrets. I went outside, and you could see them flying in from every direction, joining the flock. They would lift off as a group, circling, and land in the same spot, time after time. One landed in the tree above me and I knew that this was meant as a special moment for me, to help me with my pain.

Where I live in Minnesota, you see one egret here, one egret there. I have never before seen such a beautiful sight. People might say it is egoistical for me to think this, but back in 1998 I had written a poem about myself as a young girl, referring to a song that I had danced to. The song was White Bird. The birds held great meaning for me, because in the poem, I am the white bird

There was no other name I could call myself when I entered this chat group.

Thank you.
Thats A very touching story whitebird ive got the puffs handy~~sorry to here about your friend and your story i very much can relate too THATS CREED}} and all i can say is Blessed are the peace makers,,And peace be whicha now
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-03-2004, 09:04 AM   #22
whitebird
USER INFO »
Thank you Creedsister, she and I were very close.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:13 PM   #23
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Thank you Creedsister, she and I were very close.
whitebird i feel for you and some what understand how you feel i to have a friend iam real close with And i love here dearly she is too Another creed fan and shes got a great story here self i miss her a lot she lives in ohio so we both live on the phone she so yep i know and i feel for ya,,i like you you got a light of love that shines whitebird stick around gal
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-03-2004, 03:19 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} whitebird...your friend was so lucky to have you in her life.
Old 01-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #25
whitebird
USER INFO »
Thanks Dogstar, but I was also very lucky to have had her as a friend. There was a large age difference between us, but it never seemed to matter. It's funny, she came into my life when I needed her, just as though it was meant to be.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:31 PM   #26
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Wow, whitebird, I'm just reading this for the first time today and it's such a touching story. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend but it reminds me again of how powerful music is. It's a true gift that I couldn't live without.

Relearn Love
Old 01-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #27
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
whitebird what a beautiful story! Your friend was truly blessed to have such a supportive and wonderful friend as you! Music is a wonderful healer! It has been a big reason I have gotten through most of my life! Just as it did for you that day it can always bring about it's power to heal and feel alive! I had never read this story either but thanks for bringing it back out to light! Enjoy your memories if your friend today!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 01-05-2004, 09:36 AM   #28
Aimee
USER INFO »
Whitebird,
That really is a touching story and I am glad you shared it with us. It's amazing how the spirit is able to reach out and comfort us beyond just what we can see materially. I too have heard "phantom" notes and drumbeats in the past, so I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one. I believe that music is truly the voice of God given to us as a gift. We who cherish it find comfort in these notes like a warm blanket next to a fire on a chilly winter's day. While it is never easy to lose those we love, it is inspiring to know that they can reach us and be near us even still.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:01 PM   #29
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) Whitebird,
That really is a touching story and I am glad you shared it with us. It's amazing how the spirit is able to reach out and comfort us beyond just what we can see materially. I too have heard "phantom" notes and drumbeats in the past, so I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one. I believe that music is truly the voice of God given to us as a gift. We who cherish it find comfort in these notes like a warm blanket next to a fire on a chilly winter's day. While it is never easy to lose those we love, it is inspiring to know that they can reach us and be near us even still.
Thats So true Aim really :
Old 01-05-2004, 08:33 PM   #30
whitebird
USER INFO »
Aimee, you painted a wonderful picture in my mind with your words. I love the lines "I believe that music is truly the voice of God given to us as a gift. We who cherish it find comfort in these notes like a warm blanket next to a fire on a chilly winter's day."

I have always known that I am not the only person that has had these experiences, yet it is difficult to discuss the subject with others. Thank you for your beautiful words.

Thank you to everyone else that has been supportive of my story. I hope that Steve isn't upset that I brought back an old thread. It's just a special part of me that may help to understand me better.

I really love it though, having others to share stories with, you are truly a great group of people, and have had some lovely spiritual happenings which I have enjoyed.