++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-25-2003, 07:29 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm not, Torn Signs, but I know two people who are and it does have a lot to do with the seasons and nature according to them. I only have a very superficial knowledge of it, but it does sound interesting.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:07 AM   #17
Aimee
USER INFO »
Wicca is an old religion that is sometimes considered satanic, occult and pagan. It is based on worshiping both God and Goddess.
If you study it, you'll find that the early Nordic tribes were wiccan. They used many natural remedies to heal people and held ritualistic ceremonies much like Catholicism today.
Then, when Christianity was approved in Rome, the missionaries went over to transform the Wiccans into Christians. Even going so far as to incorporate their holidays into Christian holidays.
Did you know that the winter solstice was turned into Christmas. Many scientists say that Jesus was probably born in the fall or spring, not December. Also the spring equinox turned into Easter.
I'm not Wiccan, but as a Christian, I don't see it as evil.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:43 PM   #18
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
<!--QuoteBegin-Aimee+09-25-2003 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aimee @ 09-25-2003 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wicca is an old religion that is sometimes considered satanic, occult and pagan. It is based on worshiping both God and Goddess.
If you study it, you'll find that the early Nordic tribes were wiccan. They used many natural remedies to heal people and held ritualistic ceremonies much like Catholicism today.
Then, when Christianity was approved in Rome, the missionaries went over to transform the Wiccans into Christians. Even going so far as to incorporate their holidays into Christian holidays.
Did you know that the winter solstice was turned into Christmas. Many scientists say that Jesus was probably born in the fall or spring, not December. Also the spring equinox turned into Easter.
I'm not Wiccan, but as a Christian, I don't see it as evil. [/b][/quote]
You are so wrong. First of all How can Wicca be satanic when Wiccans don't even believe in a "satan" or "devil"? They do not worship such dieties. Anyone who thinks so is just regugitating what someone else has told them instead of doing the research for themselves. Pagans yes... satanists they are not... in fact they all cringe at the idea of it. Wicca became "public knowledge" in 1954, when a book titled Witchcraft Today written by Gerald Gardner was first published. Some say Gardner is the "inventor" of Wicca. However, Gardner stated that he himself was initiated into it. Therefore one is to assume that it is much older than that. Throughout history the only way for Witches and Pagans were able to pass on their knowledge was through their covens. And if you were wanting to learn of the ways one would have to find a coven and be invited to join in and then be taught. That's how it's been all over the world for fear of being burned as in "the burning times". Therefore one could assume that this Wicca is indeed acient but only recently public in order for it to have survived as it has.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 11-14-2003, 06:17 PM   #19
knifer
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Lady Valkyrie+11-12-2003 10:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lady Valkyrie @ 11-12-2003 10:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You are so wrong. First of all How can Wicca be satanic when Wiccans don't even believe in a "satan" or "devil"? They do not worship such dieties. Anyone who thinks so is just regugitating what someone else has told them instead of doing the research for themselves. [/b][/quote]
Perhaps you are wrong. Awfully intolerant of you to respond so harshly.

Ya know, something can be satanic with believing Satan exists.

Do some research, you'll see its true.
Old 11-15-2003, 06:43 AM   #20
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
How do you know Satan exists? Because the Bible tells you so? Well, if that is what you believe then fine so be it. However, it doesn't make it so. I am assuming that you have faith that there is a God and a Satan then? Well, do you think that just because you believe in them that everyone else has to? Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

My reply though was aimed towards the fact that the person stated that Wicca was Satanism when in fact the two are not interchangable terms at all.... UNLESS you are a fundamental Christian... THEN anything outside of Christianity is believed to be Satanic in nature. But hey that is their choice to believe that, INTOLERANT as it may be, it is their choice and it is not my place to judge. For my choice in faith states that ALL religious paths lead to The One Divine.

So, I was NOT being harsh I was giving facts on a religion that the person was obviously misinformed of.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 11-15-2003, 06:37 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hi, Lady V!!! Nice to see you back 'round these parts!
Old 11-15-2003, 07:05 PM   #22
souldancer
USER INFO »
Just reading the title of this thread..my vote would be "NO"...isn';t this suppose to be about Faith and Religion? That;s a whole lot broader. If the Christians want to start their own thread...or have Steve make an additional Christian forum, fine. But, then it's kind of sad..as I really like the song ONE.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:36 AM   #23
knifer
USER INFO »
I find it amusing, LV, that you demand that your views be respected, but you are unable to do the same for others.

Here are the hard facts - you are WRONG.

Hard to accept after so many years of self-indulgent pseudo-religion, but try really really hard.......
Old 11-17-2003, 12:45 PM   #24
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-knifer+11-17-2003 03:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (knifer @ 11-17-2003 03:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I find it amusing, LV, that you demand that your views be respected, but you are unable to do the same for others.

Here are the hard facts - you are WRONG.

Hard to accept after so many years of self-indulgent pseudo-religion, but try really really hard....... [/b][/quote]

Now I believe you are the one being harsh
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-17-2003, 02:08 PM   #25
knifer
USER INFO »
Its call sarcasm, Julie.

Say it with me, S-A-R-C-A-S-M.

There now, that wasn't so hard, was it?

The truth is hard, harsh thing, especially for the deluded, self-important open minded types. You know the ones - people whose minds are so open their brains fall out.

YOU! Out of the gene pool!
Old 11-17-2003, 10:24 PM   #26
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
Knifer- i too use sarcasm a lot. The problem is that it doesn't come across well when typed.

Well to the original topic at hand, I think any religion should be open for talks. While most of us tend to be christian it does not mean that some of us wouldn't be open for discussion. Personally i find other religions and other sects of the christian church interesting to study and discuss. Currently I am interested in gnosticism. But i have gone vaguely over some of the other world religions and like to discuss them with people.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:46 PM   #27
creedsister
USER INFO »
What the heck is gnosticisim,,iced
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-17-2003, 11:43 PM   #28
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-knifer+11-17-2003 07:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (knifer @ 11-17-2003 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Its call sarcasm, Julie.

Say it with me, S-A-R-C-A-S-M.

There now, that wasn't so hard, was it?

The truth is hard, harsh thing, especially for the deluded, self-important open minded types.&nbsp; You know the ones - people whose minds are so open their brains fall out.

YOU!&nbsp; Out of the gene pool! [/b][/quote]
Hey, it wasn't me that pissed in your cherrios :eyebrow:

Sorry :redface: You caught me on a bad day
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-19-2003, 05:43 PM   #29
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
WHOAH, WHOAH, slow it down a bit. Yes, reading and understanding is important...with that should be this board now...this topic. Shwew!

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 11-21-2003, 03:44 AM   #30
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-bgivens33+09-24-2003 04:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bgivens33 @ 09-24-2003 04:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I see absolutely no problem with that We have found the right thing for us, so why research and keep searching for others

Because researching other beliefs is the gateway to tolerance and increased wisdom. How do you plan on "saving" someone if you don't even know what they believe? Saying, "I don't even know what you believe, but I do know it's wrong" is being ignorant. [/b][/quote]
Well said.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/