++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #31
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Well, tell Scott Stapp to stop being an ass then we still could have had Creed.
Why do you just assume that it's all Scott. It takes two to tango - in any situation. Don't call him an ass (I knew sooner or later your negative comments about Scott would come out.)

Quote: (Originally Posted by Kim V.) the friendship/brotherhood they shared
That's a big reason why I don't understand this break-up. Aren't friends supposed to stick by each other - no matter what?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #32
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Well, tell Scott Stapp to stop being an ass then we still could have had Creed.

If you don't like Stapp, why is your user name taken from the very lyrics Scott wrote for What If?

Again, with all due respect, have you met Scott and know for a fact that he's an ass, or are you going by what others say about him? I'm sorry, I just can't stand all the heresay and rumors that float around about Stapp and Creed in general.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 05-21-2004, 10:44 PM   #33
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) I'm not saying the other guys have not done it. I mean, Marks convo at the meet and greet ended up on a bulliten board so you all know what was said. I'm just saying that the knife cuts both ways.

Michael
Not to bring up something that happened so long ago, but Mark knew what he was doing and who he was talking to. Maybe he wanted it to end up on a BB, especially the one where all the rumours started.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:46 PM   #34
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kim V.) If you don't like Stapp, why is your user name taken from the very lyrics Scott wrote for What If?

Again, with all due respect, have you met Scott and know for a fact that he's an ass, or are you going by what others say about him? I'm sorry, I just can't stand all the heresay and rumors that float around about Stapp and Creed in general.

And your point is? That doesn't change the fact that Stapp's an ass. He is a good lyricist, but he is an asshole.

Michael already said that Stapp said crap about the band members. What else do you want?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:48 PM   #35
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Why do you just assume that it's all Scott. It takes two to tango - in any situation. Don't call him an ass (I knew sooner or later your negative comments about Scott would come out.)

That's a big reason why I don't understand this break-up. Aren't friends supposed to stick by each other - no matter what?

"It takes two to tango". It's like saying it was also the jews' faults that the Holocaust ever happened; it wasn't entirely Hitler's fault. Terrible logic there.

I can call Scott Stapp an ass all I want, just like I can call Mark a great person because they're both true.

Don't you remember what Michael said? They haven't spoken to each other in months. As far as I know, Mark, Flip, and Brian are not friends with Scott anymore.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:50 PM   #36
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Michael already said that Stapp said crap about the band members. What else do you want?

I was going to respond to this - but forget it, it's not worth it.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:51 PM   #37
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Not to bring up something that happened so long ago, but Mark knew what he was doing and who he was talking to. Maybe he wanted it to end up on a BB, especially the one where all the rumours started.

It's not Mark's fault for being such an honest person.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:52 PM   #38
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I was going to respond to this - but forget it, it's not worth it.

You just responded.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:53 PM   #39
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) "It takes two to tango". It's like saying it was also the jews' faults that the Holocaust ever happened; it wasn't entirely Hitler's fault. Terrible logic there.

I can call Scott Stapp an ass all I want, just like I can call Mark a great person because they're both true.

Don't you remember what Michael said? They haven't spoken to each other in months. As far as I know, Mark, Flip, and Brian are not friends with Scott anymore.

I think you are reading way to much into the situation. I'm not saying what is or isn't true, but just because they haven't spoken doesn't mean they are not friends. I haven't spoken with friends I had in highschool in a long time. I still consider them friends, especially if I ever get in touch with them again.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-21-2004, 10:56 PM   #40
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I think you are reading way to much into the situation. I'm not saying what is or isn't true, but just because they haven't spoken doesn't mean they are not friends. I haven't spoken with friends I had in highschool in a long time. I still consider them friends, especially if I ever get in touch with them again.

I recall that Michael said Mark and Scott's friendship is hurt. They're not friends anymore. Something along that lines...
Old 05-21-2004, 10:57 PM   #41
Shadow
USER INFO »
I deleted this post.

Last edited by Shadow : 05-21-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:59 PM   #42
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) And you know this because.......

And you know this because.......

Do you also think the sun rises and sets because of Mark?

I was kidding around on that part.

Mark isn't a PR freak. He is honest. That's one reason why he hasn't had an official interview yet.

What kind of question is that? I'm as big of a fan of Mark as you are of Stapp, so don't say anything.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:02 PM   #43
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) IWhat kind of question is that? I'm as big of a fan of Mark as you are of Stapp, so don't say anything.
Sorry, I deleted the post. I thought I got to it before you read it. I don't want to argue with you.

But, I have never called Mark any names. So I would appreciate it if you would stop referring to Stapp as an ass.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:06 PM   #44
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Check your PM, Shadow.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:07 PM   #45
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kim V.) With all due respect, I'd like to add my two cents, for whatever it's worth. To me, the above is still more he said this, he said that, only it's probably people who don't like Stapp saying that he made disparaging remarks about his bandmates. There are plenty of people out there who didn't appreciate the magic Tremonti and Stapp made musically, and the friendship/brotherhood they shared, and some were probably jealous/envious enough to the point where they would have liked nothing more than to see that all come to an end. Of course they wouldn't say those things in the media, because it can all be very secretive. It's called backbiting, and that way no one can get caught spreading the rumors. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Good point Kim, but let me clarify that the things said by Scott were not told to Mark and I by "Stapp haters" but by close friends and business accociates of Scotts. These are people that we all trust and respect.

Michael