++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2003, 09:05 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Rumours about Creed is over are increasing... what's happening?
Nobody says nothing... no official news, no press releases, not a word of confort from the guys to the fans... we deserve some words.

First: DVD... nobody said shit about it anymore

Second: Rehearsing.. people said they set a studio to practice earlier this year, then others say the didn't... and others say they will...

Third: Adam, who many of you know him due his tabs, said he met mark... this is his post on MT.net:
Quote: I was at Guitar Center in Orlando and just happened to run into Mark. I was like a little kid metting my guitar icon. He was there to check out Joe Satriani and Steve Vai and we talked a little bit.

Here's what he told me:

1. His new band will be called Downshifter and will be him on guitars and Scott Phillips on drums. He said he'll have a lot more shredding on this record . . .  Finally he'll be able to show his real skill!

2. According to Mark, Creed is taking a while to get back in the swing of things so that's why he is starting Downshifter.

Other than that we talked about Steve Vai and the Satch. Anyway . . . hopefully I will meet him again soon at the Guitar Center meet and greet thing. Well that's it from me .. . it's been awhile but I've been busy. Take care all.

Adam

Michael Tremonti and Denise confirmed he really met Mark.

3. Scott Stapp Entertainment... pfft... what really is that?!

Uhh... I think if they have a least of considerations about their fans, they could say something to confort us: I don't care who. It can be Mark, Flip, Scott, Michael and Denise, JHMP or Wind-up...whatever... but we need something to chill us out. The situation is not being good for the band as well.

C'mon... and don't come with poor comments on this thread, such as "oh no... / I hope not / blah blah blah" .... right faceless ? do some brain effort this time! Content! Content! Content!
Old 11-14-2003, 10:52 PM   #2
Jez
USER INFO »
Ahhhh yes, it was just a matter of time...
First off, I am not bashing you in any way shape or form here, but....the band doesn't "owe" us anything (that is unless of course you are one of the people who has subscribed to CreedInk, in which case you most certainly deserve to get your magazine.and it would be nice to get an apology for incredibly late ((and complete lack of)) deliveries)

I don't think we're going to get any answers until they are ready.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 11-14-2003, 11:04 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It's only been a year since their tour ended, so give 'em a break. Some artists go years without a release. And Jez is right. They don't owe us squat explanation-wise. If they are done, I would be extremely bummed, but I sure would be thankful for what they did give us.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:07 AM   #4
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
<!--QuoteBegin-Tremonti_Fed+11-14-2003 09:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tremonti_Fed @ 11-14-2003 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> C'mon... and don't come with poor comments on this thread, such as "oh no... / I hope not / blah blah blah" .... right faceless ? do some brain effort this time! Content! Content! Content! [/b][/quote]
what the crap!
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-15-2003, 11:38 AM   #5
shunammite
USER INFO »
Well I agree the silence is distressing...and I agree I will always be grateful for what we already have...and I think that artists are very sensitive people, and they do what they can, and we shouldn't ask more...like killing the goose that lays the golden egg...so many die young...

I love all of them, I hope they remain together, I can't really imagine how they could have the same impact with other people...but my "imagination" is not really the limit of Reality, lol.

but I do love them so, as Creed....
Old 11-15-2003, 03:42 PM   #6
mushroomy2k
USER INFO »
i agree shumanite im greatful for all of the music,love,and inspiration
that creeds music has brought to my life
i hope they stay together for a long time id be very sad if they broke up
but im not making any judgement because they are all wonderful people and are very talented and know matter what they choose to do with there lives they will be excellent at it.my heart will allways be with creed.
have a wonderful saturday
Old 11-16-2003, 12:22 AM   #7
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
<!--QuoteBegin-Jez+11-14-2003 10:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jez @ 11-14-2003 10:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the band doesn't "owe" us anything
[/b][/quote]
well yeah, but you can say without the fans, they wouldnt have sold all those many albums, and sold out all those shows, ya know
Old 11-16-2003, 01:07 AM   #8
Marty
USER INFO »
I'm tired hearing "are they ending" or not. Whether they are or not is not something of matter. Because talk all you want, it won't change anything.
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:44 AM   #9
Jez
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+11-15-2003 09:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 11-15-2003 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Jez+11-14-2003 10:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jez @ 11-14-2003 10:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the band doesn't "owe" us anything
[/b][/quote]
well yeah, but you can say without the fans, they wouldnt have sold all those many albums, and sold out all those shows, ya know [/b][/quote]
Yeah, the band owes the majority of it's success to the fans, but I don' t think that any of us are in the postition to demand anything from them....statement or otherwise.
The give and take here is reciprocal for both the fans and the band. I think that we have already been given due payback tenfold by this band in the form of the music that moves so many of us....at least that's the way I feel.
Sorry if that didn't make any sense.....I am sooooo tired, lol.
Night

Creed~~Bullets
Old 11-16-2003, 01:50 PM   #10
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
They don't owe us anything, huh?...Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think us Creed fans are the ones who buy their cds, buy their concert tickets, and show them support. Without us fans, they would be sitting on their asses in Tallahasse trying to get gigs in clubs. I think a news update is reasonable compenstation for a successful career.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:30 PM   #11
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I think a news update is reasonable compenstation for a successful career.

And ya know something...i bet if there were NEWS that was band related and meant for PUBLIC consumption, the FANS would be told. Not all Bands that go on break keep their fans abrest of their latest daily activities...which seems to be what a lot of people expect from Creed.

You were informed that they were on Break...it has been said by those that talked with Mark, and posted about it that they were beginning ther writing process and a studio was reserved...the new album is tentively scheduled in the area of Sept. 2004, and i think it was also posted that they were shooting for spring to record...So what else do any of you feel the fans are "owed"?...

No, there hasn't been any news about Volume #4 of CreedInk outside of there being revisions made...but joining a Fan Club is the Fan's responsibility...no one twists their arm and they CHOOSE to do it...Why it's taking so long...who knows, and personally i really don't care...it will come when it does...

So basically it is a thing where the Band needs some time to themselves...rome wasn't built in a day..and good music and lyrics don't happen without experienceing life, something EVERYBODY should attempt to do every now and then...and to me that is what Creeds members are doing right now...what they need to do to still create the awesome music that they do...

Rumours fly when groups go on break...and as far as i am concerned it is nothing more, unless there is somekind of official notice...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 11-16-2003, 06:05 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
I really,could,nt agree,witcha,,more,,,,,,rock on,,,peace
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-16-2003, 06:30 PM   #13
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
They really needed a break after this tour it doesn't mean that they broke up! We don't need to know every second what they are doing but if you really want the next time Scott farts I'm sure they'll update ya on that! :lol:

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 11-16-2003, 09:24 PM   #14
facelessman
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Ann Allusion+11-16-2003 05:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ann Allusion @ 11-16-2003 05:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Not all Bands that go on break keep their fans abrest of their latest daily activities...which seems to be what a lot of people expect from Creed.

[/b][/quote]
i dont need day-by-day news, i jst want to know whats goin on, ya know
Old 11-16-2003, 09:33 PM   #15
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-SCOTTSMYMAN+11-16-2003 06:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SCOTTSMYMAN @ 11-16-2003 06:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> if you really want the next time Scott farts I'm sure they'll update ya on that! :lol: [/b][/quote]
Gosh I hope so, I've been so concerned with his gastrointenstinal system as of late!! :lol:

But seriously, while I agree that the band does owe its success to the fans' purchasing the CD's, concert tickets, etc., it does not necessarily mean they owe us anything in the future. What I mean is, if (God forbid) Creed IS over, they have given us all a tremendous gift. For some of us, it is the gift of life, because how many here have read and even shared stories of being suicidal and hearing Creed's music gave them hope? For others of us, it means they have given us the gift of friendship, because I, for one, can say that I have a ton of friends now that I never would've even met were it not for this band. And for that I am both lucky and ever grateful. But if Creed were to break up tomorrow, I wouldn't be pissed at them and bitch that they 'owe' it to us to stay together. I can't imagine them not loving what they do, and just doing it to 'get it over with' because they feel they 'owe it to the fans'. I hope I'm not coming across as way too deep here, but they've given me so much. I enjoy the music and the lyrics, and the live shows and the friendships, but they need to do what makes them happy. And in the long run, if they aren't happy, I don't think the quality of their future recordings would be as great. Just my .

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.