++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #1156
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Victorious Power Of God

Amen Hev!!!! There Is No Wrong Way To PRAISE THE LORD!!! And Still To This Very Day WE SAY PRAISE YOU JESUS!!!!! AMEN!!! How Do We Praise We PRAISE JESUS Amen And Amen!!! IN JUDAH Is God Known His name is great in all of israel in salem also is his tabernackle and his dwelling place zion THERE BRAKE HE THE ARROWS OF THE BOW THE SHIELD AND THE SWORD AND THE BATTLE, thou art more glorious and most excellent than the mountains of prey the stout hearted are spoiled they have slept their sleep and none of the men of might have found their hands at thy rebuke O God of jacob both chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep thou even thou art to be feared anhd who may stand in the sight when once tho art angry thou didst cause judgement to be heared from heaven the earh feared and was still When God Arose To Judgment To Save All The Meek Of The Earth , Pslam 76.1.12
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-19-2006, 06:39 AM   #1157
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Re: Daily Bread

April 19th

"Being eternal is nothing new."

Being like Jesus, completely, immortally will be new. But when the moment of glory hung in the balance as Jesus was revived from his death sleep, we too were given the assurance that death no longer claims us. The only death that really matters is our death to sin with Jesus in baptism. If we have shared in that death, we will most certainly share in his resurrection.

Christ has indeed been raised, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Romans 6:1-14 ~ Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection.

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.

Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.

For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Heaven

Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 AM   #1158
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 20th

"Is God in Every Circumstance?"

The Christian life is to be characterized by a growth process — from spiritual milk to solid food. We are to absorb the elementary truths of our faith and then begin to chew on the “meaty” ones. The question, “Is God in every circumstance?” falls into this latter category because the answer to it conflicts with human thinking. You see, God is in both the triumphs and tragedies of life. He either sends them or permits them to happen.

Consider Joseph. Betrayed by his brothers, falsely accused by his employer’s wife, and imprisoned unjustly, he was powerless and, in many ways, forgotten. But he refused to be swayed by circumstances, he grasped the deeper truth that God had orchestrated it all for good.

But now that their father was dead, Joseph's brothers became afraid. "Now Joseph will pay us back for all the evil we did to him," they said.

So they sent this message to Joseph: "Before your father died, he instructed us

to say to you: 'Forgive your brothers for the great evil they did to you.' So we, the servants of the God of your father, beg you to forgive us." When Joseph received the message, he broke down and wept.

Then his brothers came and bowed low before him. "We are your slaves," they said.

But Joseph told them, "Don't be afraid of me. Am I God, to judge and punish you?

As far as I am concerned, God turned into good what you meant for evil. He brought me to the high position I have today so I could save the lives of many people.

No, don't be afraid. Indeed, I myself will take care of you and your families." And he spoke very kindly to them, reassuring them.

Genesis 50:15-21

Whether the Lord sends a trial or permits one, He has said He will use it as part of His plan for our good.

Charles Stanley

Heaven

Old 04-21-2006, 06:15 AM   #1159
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 21st

"Through God's eyes."

In the woods of Maine, not too far from the eastern coast, there is a river that flows clear and cool. It winds through some of the most gorgeous scenery imaginable, and carries with it a beauty that is unsurpassed. To see such sights convinces a person of the reality of God. God gives us glimpses of heaven here on earth, so that we might long for such a place from the deepest reaches of our hearts. That part of us that carries the seed of God responds to His beauty in creation. If we will look at the world with our spiritual eyes rather than our physical eyes, we will begin to see God's glories in many new ways. The gifts of God are indeed abundant. Open your eyes and enjoy them all.

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

Psalm 46:4

A stunning sunset, the gentle cascade of a waterfall, the invisible wings of a hovering hummingbird -- the beauty, grace, and order of the natural world that surrounds us convinces me that God carefully crafted and guided this creation.

Rick Robertson

Heaven

Old 04-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #1160
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 22nd

"Why live a good life?"

Without Christ, human life is merely prolonged death. Everything is decaying. But Jesus gives us eternal life, which radically changes our life on earth. Not only do we have eternity to look forward to, but we have the power to live in right relationship with God and others right now in our daily lives. Jesus is our hope for the future and our trust for each day.

Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. How we thank God, who gives us victory over sin and death through Jesus Christ our Lord!

1 Corinthians 15:55-56

Jesus lives, and so shall I: Death, thy sting is gone forever! He for me hath deigned to die, lives the bands of death to sever. He shall raise me from the dust: Jesus is my hope and trust.

Jesus Lives, and So Shall I; Christian Furchtegott Gellert ( 1715-1769 )

Heaven

Old 04-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #1161
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 23rd

"Living water."

One of the women who lingered at the foot of the cross had once known thirst that ordinary water couldn't quench. She had been an outcast among her peers.… She had a great need, and nothing could fill the emptiness, the void within her. Then came the day when she met Jesus. Although her accusers had already given up on her and would readily have stoned her, Jesus saw her need, and rather than give up on her, he faced her accusers and saved not only her life but her soul as well. From that moment forward, Mary Magdalene was a devoted disciple of Christ, following him even to the foot of a brutal cross.

When Jesus cried out in thirst, the soldiers mistook it for weakness of the flesh and thrust sour wine to his lips. What they didn't comprehend is that Jesus' words were a declaration of his completion of his Father's work. He was thirsty because he was being poured out as an offering, not only for the grateful woman who knelt at this feet but also for generations of people to come.

Jesus knew that everything was now finished, and to fulfill the Scriptures he said, "I am thirsty."

John 19:28

I have a great need for Christ, I have a great Christ for my need.

Charles Haddon Spurgeon ( 1834-1892 )

Prayer; Jesus, you poured out your life like an offering and gave me living water that saved and restores my soul. Help me to take that same living water and extend it to those around me who are thirsty. Please use me to reach out to the abandoned, the scorned, the unlovable, with your sacrificial love. Amen...

Heaven

Old 04-24-2006, 06:09 AM   #1162
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 24th

"Moral relativism."

The Bible wants nothing to do with moral relativism, and that is why some critics have singled out faithful Christians and Jews for particular scorn. These critics know that the objective moral standards defended by millions of faithful believers stand in the way of uprooting God from our nation. Just as the people of Nehemiah's time confessed their sins and were restored, so we must ask the Lord to forgive us and heal our land.

They took turns confessing their sins and worshipping the Lord their God.

Nehemiah 9:3

The recognition of sin is the beginning of salvation.

Martin Luther

Heaven

Old 04-25-2006, 02:05 AM   #1163
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Can We Praise The Lord Enough Amen And Amen

WHO CAN UTTER ALL THE PRAISES SING ALL HIS PRAISES OR GLORFIY THE ACTS OF THE LORD OUR GOD AFTER GOD HAS PULLED US THROUGH SO MANY CIRCUMSTANCES it was very beautiful And Just Had The Love For God The Living God All Over It AMEN Oh Lord How I Love Thee Oh Lord And Your Ways And Judgements The God Of The Thunderstorm I Love You With Blessing Or Trial My God My God And Our Trials Is A Blessing A TRIAL is A Blessing Because A Trial Is You And Gods Job To Overcome And Fight Together Like To Brave Friends Standing Side By Side Going Out In To War And That Relationship and knowing the two of you You And Your God Have Never Lost A One GOD NEEDS His People To Be Strong Him And Not To Question Him But Take Hold Of His Streneth And Power And Find That Love THAT NO OTHER BLESSING FROM ANY OTHER GODS Could Be More Sweeter Than The Trials You And God Have Been Through and when you look back on your journeys voyages and path and stop and realize the way he held you in those trials IS The Sweetest Blessing No Other God Could Give, Delight in the will Of The Lord, Psalm 40
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 04-25-2006, 06:12 AM   #1164
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 25th

"Christ lives in me."

Until I can become completely like him through the power of the Spirit ( 2 Cor 3:18 ), he lives in me. Until I can go home to be with him he lives in me ( John14:1-21 ). Everywhere I go and everything I do, he is with me.

God has chosen you to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.

Colossians 1:27-28

Holy Holy is my saviour
Gave his life for me
On the cross
His love reached out and gave me a reason to dream
We‘ve come to worship we’ve come to praise
We come to magnify your holy name
We join the heavens sing unashamed
About your goodness the price you paid
And by your stripes I’ve been redeemed
Now the healer He lives in me.
He lives in me He lives in me
He lives in me He lives me
Now the healer lives in me.

Lyrics of “He lives in me” Christian City Church Oxford Falls

Heaven

Old 04-26-2006, 06:02 AM   #1165
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 26th

"Appointed to eternal life."

When I read this verse, I am reminded that there are people around us whom God is pursuing. It may be the teenager down the street, a lonely coworker, a weary single parent, or even someone standing next to you in line at the bank. The world is full of men and women who have been crying out to God in the quiet desperation of their hearts or in the darkness of a long night. God has been working in their lives and stirring a desire for him. He wants to use us to be a light to them and bring them the good news of hope in Jesus Christ. Ask that his Spirit would show you those in your neighborhood or workplace who need to be the recipients of your prayers. He will help you to build relationships with them and be a vessel through whom God can share his love.

[The Lord said,] "I have made you a light to the Gentiles, to bring salvation to the furthest corners of the earth." When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were appointed to eternal life became believers.

Acts 13:47-48

Jesus wants us to see that neighbor next door or the people sitting next to us on a plane or in a classroom are not interruptions to our schedule. They are there by divine appointment. Jesus wants you to see their needs, their loneliness, their longings, and he wants to give us the courage to reach out to the them.

Rebecca Manley Pippert

Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration, if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning.

Igor Stravinsky

Heaven

Old 04-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #1166
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

2 Cor 12.9 My Grace Is Sufficient For Thee For My Strength Is Made Perfect In Weakness Most Gladly Therfore Will I rather glory in my infirmties that the power of christ may rest up on me THEREFORE I TAKE PLEASURES Infirmities in reproaches in necessities in percsecutions in distressess FOR CHRISTS SAKE When I,am Weak Then Am I Strong
Old 04-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #1167
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 27th

"Sin will take you farther than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay."

Sin is not merely doing what is wrong, but doing what is wrong in the sight of the Lord. God has offered us suggestions for living full and happy lives. Our being disobedient to those suggestions doesn't hurt God, it hurts us. God is saddened by our refusal to be obedient, but He is always willing to hear our petition for forgiveness, and He will show us His mercy. When we sin, it is a private matter between God and ourselves. Take your sins before God, repent of each one, and glory in the grace of God, by which we receive full pardon of all we do wrong.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Psalm 51:4

Sin always finds it’s root in our own selfish desires and self-gratification.

Joe Campbell

Heaven

Old 04-28-2006, 04:11 AM   #1168
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Amen Hev,

PRAISE THE LORD Hev With So Much going on these days and hours sometimes Amen We May Forget THAT THE GOOD LORD GIVE US HE GIVE US A RIGHT AND GAVE US WRONG sometimes we will get lost on the right path amen and end up on the wrong ...but how could we get lost on the right path amen and its a very strait path ...If You Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart Body Mind And Soul, you will in fact still sin and these things will be ever before you SIN Cant overcome ones soul only if you let it when sin becomes ruler of our lifes or seems like it is and you feel your streneth is no longer there HE IS THERE WITH YOU wating for you to ask for forgivness God Teaches His Sinners on how to get through their sins we should put God first in our lifes that way we know when we come against sin and temptation in our lifes WE KNOW WHO IS IN CONTROL...
Old 04-28-2006, 06:13 AM   #1169
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

April 28th

"Lord, humble us gently."

That is one of my friend's favorite prayers. I like it, too. But thank God that Jesus was not gently humbled. While I hate he had to go through agony, his self-emptying humility the fact that was stark, bold, drastic, and outrageous. But I am to have this same attitude when it comes to reaching the lost and loving God's children.

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death, even death on a cross!

Philippians 2:5-8

May I be more selfless in my attitude and treatment of others, like Jesus was with me.

Phil Ware

Heaven

Old 04-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #1170
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

AMEN i hate it to it was the slaughter of the lamb and went with him all that was precious in his sight BUT PRAISE THE LORD His Death And Sufferment was no in vain my friends and how can we compare and question our struggles with his AMEN after knowing He Died To set us free AMEN!!! Seek Ye The Lord while he may be found call ye upon him while he is near Let The Wicked Forsake His Way And The Unrightteous Man His Thoughts And Let Him Return Unto The Lord And He Will Have Mercy Upon Hime And To Our God For He Will Abundantly Pardon For My Thoughts Are Not Your Thoughts Neither Are Your Ways My Ways, Isai.55 6.8 to try to know The Lord Your God Is To Love Him with all your heart body soul and mind Praise The Lord, But i,am poor and sorrowful let thy salvation O God Set Me Up On High I Will Praise The Name Of GOD With A Song That Will Magnify Him With Nothing But Thanksgiving For A The Sacarafice Of A Broken Soul is a pleasure unto God the humble shall see thee and be glad and the hearts live that seek God For The Lord HEARETH THE POOR AND Hates Not The Prayers Of His Prisoners Amen And Amen Pslam 69 .29.33. BUT THE LORD WILL NOT HEAR THE FOOLISH PRAYERS, Of The Proud They Are DECLINED WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET THE HEAVEN AND EARTH PRAISE HIM FOR HIS WAYS And Everything That Moves In Those Seas WILL AND SHALL PRAISE HIM AND DECLARE HIS WORK