++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 01-09-2004, 01:46 PM   #91
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Geek_2004, please find someone you can confide in. I know it seem hopeless now, but it's not. I wish to God my brother had because maybe he'd still be with us.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #92
whitebird
USER INFO »
G2004. please talk to your Mom, but if you can't, you could always show her this thread, and she could read your feelings, and the love and compassion that is being given to you here. You would never have to say a word to start out the conversation.

Let her read how you feel. She will then be able to understand and help you.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:14 PM   #93
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
well..it looks like I wont be talkin to anyone on AIM while i`m in class anymore....

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 01-09-2004, 03:44 PM   #94
Aimee
USER INFO »
I went to a mostly black/hispanic school growing up. I was the only white girl on the dance team, and a lot of people thought that I shouldn't be there. Once a group of girls from another school actually threw soda cans at me and told me to go home. Then another time, I came home with gum in my hair. There was also a girl on my team who hated me for no real good reason and every time I saw her in the hallway, she would say stuff like "I hate that redhead b****h" and that she was going to kick my a**. Of course, she never did anything about her threats, but it didn't help me to be bullied like that when I had enough problems at home. The only thing that helped me was whenever any of this stuff happened to me, I would say to myself "In twenty years who's gonna care?" over and over again. Well, guess what? She became a crack-addicted momma and I am a well-adjusted and passionate woman. Try to keep this in mind. Kids can be cruel for no reason.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:50 PM   #95
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Gosh Aimee
Its sad how mean kids can be! I had a few people that I went to school with hate me for no reason to Had a girl threaten to kick my ass to but of course like your situation, never did Ah! All talk no action kinda thing I guess
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 01-09-2004, 04:58 PM   #96
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) she would say stuff like "I hate that redhead b****h" and that she was going to kick my a**. Of course, she never did anything about her threats, but it didn't help me to be bullied like that when I had enough problems at home.

That really sucks, Aimee. But there's a good point in what you just said, usually bullies who say they are going to "beat you up" or "kick your ass" Are just threatning you, and don't even do anything, they are just trying to scare you. I'm not saying that every bully is like that, that is defenitly not the case, but more times than not they don't actually physically hurt you. I have always said, and I will till the day I die, emotional hurt is FAR worse and can make you feel worse than physical hurt. There is no question about that. Physical wounds can heal, but a broken heart can't heal as easy.

I know bullies can make your life crap, I do, but you need to keep in mind that you are stronger than they are, don't let them see that you are hurting, don't let them see that they have got their way. If you let them know they have done what was intended, then they are going to keep at it, they won't stop. But, if you ignore them and be strong, they will eventually forget about it and let it go. It works, my mum told me that once when I was being bulied at school, and it worked. Took a little while, but it worked.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-09-2004, 11:18 PM   #97
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
ok...I think I might not have made my self clear about the whole bully thing.....

here it goes...might be long.....

So..there I was in the 7th grade...just the normally nerdy/geeky/the person that was really shy. The bullying started in the 7th grade. their was this guy, Aaron Hall, The one guy that ALWAYS started sh!t. He had few friends of his own. Aaron was in few of my classes. He also had at least one friend to at least back him up with the whole bullying thing. It wasnt that bad in 7th....

then 8th grade came.....Oh my lord....Literatlly every day I got bullyied....either b/c I was fat or my big glasses that I had at the time...or the shirt that I had to happened to wear...or the pants ....basically anything....

In the 9th-11th....no bully's wasnt in my classes what so ever....I didnt see them...even if I did...it was for like a split second.

and now....I got that guy aaron in my 3rd...and just about every other bully in my 4th...

i`m just....I guess you can say...paraniod....about this whole bullying thing....just being worryed and all abotu if (just IF) they'll start up again...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 01-09-2004, 11:19 PM   #98
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
I`m sorry ...I should have cleared this (bully stuff...) stuff up from the geeko

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 01-09-2004, 11:35 PM   #99
SCTMM's hubby
USER INFO »
Stay strong. Hopefully they have grown up a little since the 8th grade. Because It sounds like you have.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:37 PM   #100
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
yea...hopefully..

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 01-09-2004, 11:59 PM   #101
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah Kim I'm sure they will hang in there girl
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #102
Julbright
USER INFO »
just remember IF they start up again that bullies bully because they feel crappy about themselves. And they are pretty good at zoning in on people they think they can take advantage of. So be strong and confident - tell yourself that you are worthwhile and special - we all are - and that if they are going to pick on you they have a problem - not you. If they sense your confidence - they will likely leave you alone. And if they do start up again- they will tire of bullying you if it seems to not bother you. It is SOOO hard I know - but don't give other people control of your feelings and behaviors. A little psychobabble here - no one can make you feel anything - we choose how to respond to every situation.

One quick story - I realize this is probably not the same situation as you but just to show that we don't know for real what the bullying people are thinking ---- a boy transfered to my school in 2nd grade and that bugger teased me uncontrollably! I used to come home crying every day and my older sister would chase him down the block if he walked past my house - it was crazy. He would tell me I was fat (I look back now and I am like I was so not fat - I was in 5th grade but the rest of the years I looked pretty darn good. I was just developed for my age starting in 6th. anyway...) this went on all the way through 9th grade. Then when we got to high school, I got more confident and kind of broke away from the crowd I usually hung around with because I thought they were too caddy for me. We were all hanging out on a weekend night (I went to a small school so everyone pretty much knew everyone). I had to get home so I started walking home without my friends who got to stay out later. Lo and behold - guess who runs up to me and starts walking me home - yep you guessed it - the bugger - and guess what else - he kissed me. Nothing ever came from it but I can tell you he continued to tease me through 12th grade but I now took it differently. SOOOO while I am not saying this boy likes you or anything - I am saying that it is impossible to know what is behind all the teasing that people do. I spent years being miseable because I thought this boy hated me but he was really probably just teasing me to get my attention or because he felt inadequate himself.

Take control of your emotions and responses. Choose how you act - don't just react emotionally ! You go girl!!!!!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-10-2004, 01:15 PM   #103
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Hey Kim
Do you have any older brothers? My older brother punched a kid that called me a nigger once
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 01-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #104
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
That's not even funny Julie, being called names like that....but good for your brother sticking up for you!
Old 01-10-2004, 06:00 PM   #105
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
One thing that might help. This is kinda stupid, and it will be hard. It serves 2 purposes though. If he were to say to you, "I'm going to kick your ass," you could turn and look at him and repeat it LOUDLY. One thing, it should embarrass him, and two, it should get the teacher's attention. If you get sent to the office, oh well. It gets you out of harm's way and might get the ball rolling. You could also say back, "What, what's that, you're going to KISS my ass?" If he calls you fat, go to yo mama jokes online and find a good comeback. (you're mama's so fat, she stepped in front of the TV and I missed 3 episodes).
I taught my first child in progression: A girl was bullying him in line at nursery school. I told him to "ask her to please stop." That didn't work. I told him to tell the teacher. That didn't work. Then I finally had to tell him to do it back. You hate to resort to it, but you may have to.
Just keep talking Kim. We're all here caring. And you only have 5 months left, and you'll be free of them forever. Then you'll go on to make yourself something much more than they'll ever be, and when you walk back with your chin up to your reunion, they'll drool and you'll know better.