++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: What album should kangaroo boy buy?
BLS-Mafia 3 17.65%
Ronnie James Dio Anthology Set 1 5.88%
Audioslave-Out of Exile 8 47.06%
Rob a bank and buy them all 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2005, 08:46 PM   #46
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, I haven't read this whole thread. Hide, did you decide which one you are going to buy?
Old 04-17-2005, 08:50 PM   #47
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Ok, I haven't read this whole thread. Hide, did you decide which one you are going to buy?

oh this thread is about what cd i'm going to buy? oh silly me i thought it was about two dudes fighting over whether zakk wylde is overated!

i've decided i'll buy mafia and then get the audioslave cd when that comes out. put the dio set on hold for a bit cause its fairly pricey and i'm not really that desperate for it.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-17-2005, 09:06 PM   #48
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) oh this thread is about what cd i'm going to buy? oh silly me i thought it was about two dudes fighting over whether zakk wylde is overated!

i've decided i'll buy mafia and then get the audioslave cd when that comes out. put the dio set on hold for a bit cause its fairly pricey and i'm not really that desperate for it.

I really love Mafia. I'm going to get the Audioslave one, too
Old 04-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #49
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) is it wrong making jokes about a dude who put a gun to his head?
anyway wylde would win cause he's built and these southern types don't mess around! lol
Well... accually..(not trying to make a joke here at all)... but, considering Kurt's State of Mind Pre-Suicide i'm not sure Kurt would put up any fight

PS... Zakk isn't from the south... he's from New Jersey

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #50
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
not from the south? but he's got a bit of that southern drawl going on.....oh well he'ld still win. anyway back to what the thread is about i'll also have to get the nine inch nails album and the oasis album when that comes out in june.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #51
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) not from the south? but he's got a bit of that southern drawl going on.....oh well he'ld still win. anyway back to what the thread is about i'll also have to get the nine inch nails album and the oasis album when that comes out in june.
That's just the kind of music He started liking... he really started to get into Lynyrd Skynyrd around 89

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #52
Ed Wood
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) That's just the kind of music He started liking... he really started to get into Lynyrd Skynyrd around 89
That is scary that you know that...
Old 04-18-2005, 08:05 PM   #53
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ed Wood) That is scary that you know that...
Why? I know that because before 1990 he didn't play any Southern Rock Licks... he started playing them around the "No More Tears" Album

Dude... I Eat, Breath, and Sleep Guitars... If you asked me something about tremonti... more often than not... i'd know it.

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by Wylde-Tremonti : 04-18-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:10 PM   #54
RMadd
USER INFO »
yeahhh... something tells me wylde would kick cobain's ass, even if kurt was still alive

Old 04-20-2005, 12:49 AM   #55
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
so i got mafia today......
it rocks like a mule but its going to take a bit of growing i think. i was listening to the album while doing the dishes (haha) and at one point i broke out into a spontanous air guitar solo! hey i might have looked like a dickhead but i was having fun! i think his voice sounds better with the softer songs although he sounded quite good in suicide messiah. i think if the band had a really good singer it would take this album from good to great but just IMO. the guitar work is great and some of the solos are just awesome although its zakk so that is a given. the only drawback is his voice is fairly limited. it impresses me enough to get another album, but maybe next time i'll go for a softer album.

its strange generally i have no trouble not spending money but when it comes to music its almost like an addiction! lol
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Cool that you're digging it. If you want something softer, get Book of Shadows. It's really sweet and he sounds great on it. I think this was done before his voice took a beating. He does sound better on the earlier stuff, but that's just MHO...I absolutely love the opening riff on Mafia...I can't listen to it in the car if I'm the one driving because I head-bang too much
Old 04-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #57
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) so i got mafia today......
it rocks like a mule but its going to take a bit of growing i think. i was listening to the album while doing the dishes (haha) and at one point i broke out into a spontanous air guitar solo! hey i might have looked like a dickhead but i was having fun! i think his voice sounds better with the softer songs although he sounded quite good in suicide messiah. i think if the band had a really good singer it would take this album from good to great but just IMO. the guitar work is great and some of the solos are just awesome although its zakk so that is a given. the only drawback is his voice is fairly limited. it impresses me enough to get another album, but maybe next time i'll go for a softer album.

its strange generally i have no trouble not spending money but when it comes to music its almost like an addiction! lol
Yeah... I think his Voice was at it's Worst on this Album... His vocals were best on Book Of Shadows and Sonic Brew IMO.... Tho My Favorite BLS Cd of all time is 1919 Eternal... so i HIGHLY recomend you get that my friend!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 04-20-2005, 09:52 PM   #58
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Heh, that's my fave, too, Matt!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:20 AM   #59
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) its strange generally i have no trouble not spending money but when it comes to music its almost like an addiction! lol
i know exactly what that's like lol. that, and downloading it

Old 04-21-2005, 07:39 AM   #60
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i know exactly what that's like lol. that, and downloading it

i have to tell myself to clear away from record stores cause i know if i go in i'm done for! i may tell myself i'm just looking but i know the end result! LOL

women have shoes......aussie has music!

so book of shadows or 1919 eternal? hangover music is softer as well right? i love the riffs and guitar solos in mafia but in some songs his voice is preddy weak although its not as noticeable in the more acoustic material. hangover has "layne'' does it not? maybe sonic brew.....well one of those four when i get another BLS album. probably be a while though........
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie