++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 10-20-2005, 03:08 AM   #1
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The Tea Party break up

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/10/1808.cfm

Quote: After recording and touring for almost all of the last 15 years, collecting 13 Juno nominations (yet strangely, no wins) and looking generally creepy all the time, The Tea Party are calling it quits.

Well, more accurately, it appears Jeff Martin is calling it quits. According to a statement, Martin is working on finishing a solo record and will tour in support of the finished product. The singer is ready to shift his focus to himself.

"I am deeply appreciative of all the support Tea Party fans have shown both the band and me over the years," Martin said. "While I'm not ruling out a return of The Tea Party at some time in the future, I am focused for now on my acoustic solo record, and hope to release the new music this winter and tour in support of it. I am excited to embark on this new musical chapter of my life and wish all the best to my two former bandmates and friends, Jeff Burrows and Stuart Chatwood."

In the release, it says Martin's solo project "is shaping up to be classic Martin and inescapably reminiscent of The Tea Party, with Eastern-tinged influences and inimitable vocals and guitar work."

If you want to keep track of Martin despite the Tea Party split, you can check out his soon-to-be-launched website, which will be located at www.jeff-martin.com. We're not going to link to it because it's just one of those irritating random search pages right now.
This is a bummer. I got into these guys on the recommendation of a friend before they were mentioned as possibly working with Scott Stapp. They put out some cool music. I hope Jeff's acoustic album is good. He has a cool voice.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
awwww, that's too bad... i've really started to listening to a handful of their songs the past month or 2... well, hopefully Martin's album will kick arse (it sounds like it'd be pretty sweet)... and hopefully it'll be released here in the US lol

Old 10-20-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I hope so, too! Maybe I can find a way to see Jeff on his solo tour. I really dig Transmission and Edges of Twighlight. Two really cool albums.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
scrit
USER INFO »
This is really strange because i heard them for the first time a few days ago when i got some of their stuff off napster. I was really liking it too.

-U2