++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-13-2002, 12:29 PM   #1
jrsman12
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mtv Sucks

VH1 forever. MTV is all about R&B and rap and hip hop, VH1 is about rock----real music. I could care less about MTV and whether or not they feature Creed, VH1 does, and that is because VH1 is about music, not a bunch of losers jumping up and down and swearing every other word really fast. Music first!!!!!!!!

---Wash Away Those Years, Freedom Fighter
-Creed
________
Jaguar XK140 picture

Last edited by jrsman12 : 02-08-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:39 PM   #2
Read JDM
USER INFO »
I agree that VH1 is better than MTV, though whether they show Creed on MTV isn't part of the reason why. I think MTV is a political machine with a woefully one-sided agenda. I also don't like how MTV always has to talk about how great MTV is, like when they show all these documentaries about their history and all. Coincidentally, it's the same reason I'm not too keen on rap music: Rappers, by and large, seem to rap only about the fact that they're rappers, and that gets annoying after awhile. I can't identify with that. I can identify with Creed.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:40 PM   #3
jrsman12
USER INFO »
Good point
________
Chrysler Executive

Last edited by jrsman12 : 02-08-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:05 PM   #4
Weathered
USER INFO »
i agree
Old 10-13-2002, 01:42 PM   #5
Aimee
USER INFO »
VH1 Behind the Music!!!

Nuff Said
Old 10-13-2002, 01:53 PM   #6
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
MTV represents the corperate youth culture...and that side of culture is not good and horrible. They try to apeall to many people..young children that want the pop and the people who want the rap and hip-hop. MTV can not really cross the lines like VH1 does becuase of MTV wide range of audience ages. VH1 is still basically on the principle that music is first and how music effects the culture. MTV is not Music Television it is CTV..Crap Television...
Old 10-13-2002, 02:34 PM   #7
SweetXtreme4
USER INFO »
I know I hate MTV anymore, they have the dumbest shows on there. I watch VH1 alot more now. MTV is nothing but shows what ever happend to the videos?!?!?

Old 10-13-2002, 02:46 PM   #8
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
fat cats who own the network wanted more money so they try to appeal to a larger audience by creating shows the are beyond the relm of music and what they think what the culture of today wants to watch.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:13 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I say turn off the TV and turn up the music. Would much rather LISTEN to music than *watch* it. No cable for me, so no MTV or VH1. No great loss.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:53 PM   #10
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Dogstar, while I like watching a music video every once in awhile, for the most part I definitely agree with you. I remember Steven Tyler of Aerosmith once said (I believe in a commercial for MTV, no less) that he was angry he had to paint a picture for his music to get across to people. I think he's got a great point. MTV has contributed greatly to today's youth being a generation that communicates through things visual. And while there's nothing wrong with visual communication, in and of itself, I worry sometimes whether some people weaned on MTV even have the capacity to communicate (or care) otherwise.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:53 PM   #11
Aimee
USER INFO »
Quote: MTV is nothing but shows what ever happend to the videos?!?!?

They all went onto Mtv2- You know, the one you have to PAY for.
BTW Dogstar, I don't have cable neither. But I do miss the Discovery channel!
Old 10-13-2002, 07:45 PM   #12
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
MTV was only good 25 years ago when it was all commercial free. All videos all the time. It died for me when they started commercials and shows.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-13-2002, 07:51 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Read JDM
Dogstar, while I like watching a music video every once in awhile, for the most part I definitely agree with you. I remember Steven Tyler of Aerosmith once said (I believe in a commercial for MTV, no less) that he was angry he had to paint a picture for his music to get across to people.  

Yes, I agree. I've downloaded a few Creed vids, too, and enjoy them. I think visual communication can be useful in the right context. I don't want anybody, even the author, painting a visual picture for me of his or her music. I want to interpret as I see it. That's the beauty of music and words: they evoke different interpretations for different people.

Aimee....I miss ESPN!
Old 10-13-2002, 09:08 PM   #14
Rolo1446
USER INFO »
MTV = Teenage control device

MTV is about telling us what to wear, how to think, who to follow, what's hot, what's not, and who to model ourselves after, all the while making HUGE profits from merchandise sales. The most profitable sales can be made from obviously hitting up the most merchandisable music markets -- rap and pop ... Rap sells from rappers talking about their brands, clothing, what they like, what's cool...pop sells from pure mass hysteria due to peer pressure...caps, shoes, watches, clothing, heck, even games ... (**shudder** may Britney's Dance Beat burn in PS2 Hell...)

Has anyone ever heard a respectable rock band sing about wearing platinum rings with platinum chains, along with their Fubu's, or riding they're Bentleys, or backing that proverbial "azz up", or about how they "Oops, Did It Again"?

(Yes, I realize I'm being excessively stereotypical, not all rap/pop music is about making money, but most of it is...)

I mean, is Britney really about her music or making money? What about N'Sync? Bah.

MTV is about making money. VH1 is about good music, with a message.
Rap/Pop is about making money. Rock is about good music, with a message.

Any questions?
Old 10-13-2002, 09:23 PM   #15
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I don't want anybody, even the author, painting a visual picture for me of his or her music.

To that end, I think it's safe to draw this analogy: Videos are to music what movie adaptations are to books, which is to say they exist for the sole purpose of stealing the soul from true works of art. Usually. There are some exceptions, but, by and large, this holds true.