++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-28-2006, 09:39 PM   #16
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp Reviews from INXS fans

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Well, there might be some honesty in this review. Why else would his solo career appear to be dead in the water.
As much as I love CREED, maybe the music just isn't relevant to the masses anymore
Anymore? Dude, anymore, you can't appeal to the masses unless you concede that Britney Spears was the best signer of all time. Sad but very true. Radio stations won't play anything that doesn't sound like pop, and music videos have nowhere to be played except MTV and VH1, and while VH1 is usually too busy playing classic rock, MTV refuses to play anything that doesn't have a half-naked black woman in it with some guy singing "grrrrrl".

I have a bad, bad feeling that even if Hendrix or Elvis came back from the grave, they couldn't get enough money to survive on unless they switched over to hip hop. Or maybe pop punk.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #17
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) Anymore? Dude, anymore, you can't appeal to the masses unless you concede that Britney Spears was the best signer of all time. Sad but very true. Radio stations won't play anything that doesn't sound like pop, and music videos have nowhere to be played except MTV and VH1, and while VH1 is usually too busy playing classic rock, MTV refuses to play anything that doesn't have a half-naked black woman in it with some guy singing "grrrrrl".

I have a bad, bad feeling that even if Hendrix or Elvis came back from the grave, they couldn't get enough money to survive on unless they switched over to hip hop. Or maybe pop punk.
tru dat
Old 05-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #18
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) Anymore? Dude, anymore, you can't appeal to the masses unless you concede that Britney Spears was the best signer of all time. Sad but very true. Radio stations won't play anything that doesn't sound like pop, and music videos have nowhere to be played except MTV and VH1, and while VH1 is usually too busy playing classic rock, MTV refuses to play anything that doesn't have a half-naked black woman in it with some guy singing "grrrrrl".

Nice try DUDE, but unless there are at least one million more people feeling like you and buying his cd, my point still stands.
.......and I don't see anything wrong with a half naked woman

-Homer Simpson

Old 05-29-2006, 12:56 AM   #19
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon)

I have to disagree. If Hendrix or Elvis came back from the dead, their miraculous resurrection would be a scientific phenominon, and they would probably be richer than they ever were, just from the fact that they defeated death, and did the impossible.

Not only that but.........

Chances are it would also be turned into a Reality show, most likely called "Surreal life (after death)" and they would make money living together in the same house along with Biggie, TuPac, Janice Joplin, Johnny Cash, and John Denver.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-29-2006, 01:27 AM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Old 05-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #21
Trimontana
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ScorpioRising) This was posted on rockband.com about the Milwaukee show -

Scott Stapp opened, and I thought he did a really good job. I've always liked him. He was looking good. The sound volume seemed off the first song - I couldn't hear him very well, but this was corrected by the second song. He played songs from Creed and songs off his new album. He was definitely playing to the first row or two, giving almost all of us some attention, as well as trying to get more of the crowd to stand up and have fun.

This review was written by a profesional Even a 9 years old kid could write a better review.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #22
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I have to disagree. If Hendrix or Elvis came back from the dead, their miraculous resurrection would be a scientific phenominon, and they would probably be richer than they ever were, just from the fact that they defeated death, and did the impossible.

Not only that but.........

Chances are it would also be turned into a Reality show, most likely called "Surreal life (after death)" and they would make money living together in the same house along with Biggie, TuPac, Janice Joplin, Johnny Cash, and John Denver.

Yeah. Close enough. I've been too disgusted with the music industry lately that I've obviously fallen out of accuracy when predicting them. Thanks for the correction.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:20 AM   #23
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04

Im tired of the music industry and the direction its taking. A lot of good bands are being screwed over by their record lables, ahem...

Second of all, and most importantly is the lack of talented bands. No talent idiots that are hitting the limelight, making one album, selling billions of them, and then thats all you hear for the next 2 years. I would like to see one HUGE rock band hit the scene like creed did, and blow everyone out of this mindless indulgance that they've gotten themselves into. I cant remember the last time i heard an awesome band that blew me away. Well, Evans Blue rocked my freakin world when they came out, but now they are nowhere to be seen, i havent heard a damn thing about them since their album dropped. Musicians are becomming too enthralled by their own halo's to truly be great musicians, ill give you an example.

My band played a battle of the bands near where i live, in may. Well, we were the first act up and had an awesome response. The rest of the bands were all screamo, where as we are pure rock. Well, all you heard was "Bwaaaah Bwahhhhh, GRRRRRRRRR, OWWWWW" from these mindless sacks of crap. Not a single other band in the battle even attempted a guitar solo, and to be honest with you, their guitars would have served a much better purpose in this world if they were turned into something like, i dont know, broomsticks and paper. We ended up losing to the biggest morons on the face of the earth, i mean, the crap they played could have been classified as "The sound a goat makes when its raped" They won because the crowd, for some unknown reason, liked them. Tell me now, isnt music more about the art and less about the little rockstar attitude? I think its about the art, but i dont know too many people who are in on that thought with me.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-30-2006, 01:24 AM   #24
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »

...or, do you have to wear special secret decoder earplugs while you listen to this crap to hear the real message? And if so, i would like to know where i could order a pair.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-30-2006, 01:35 AM   #25
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

^ you're right!

-Homer Simpson

Old 05-30-2006, 09:02 AM   #26
titan9
USER INFO »

tremonti4life04 and Secret Weapon are officially my heroes. I couldn't have stated my disgust with the current music industry any better than you guys did.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #27
metalchris25
USER INFO »

I HAVE TO SECOND THAT!^

The comment about the raped goat was hilarious! I hate screamer bands.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #28
ScorpioRising
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) This review was written by a profesional Even a 9 years old kid could write a better review.

None of the reviews I posted were written by professionals. I never claimed that any of the reviews were written by professional music critics. They were written by some INXS fans who attended the shows and enjoyed Scott Stapp.

There seemed to be some question about how Scott would be received by INXS' fans. Most of the accounts I have read have been positive, some have been indifferent, very few have been negative.

I thought some people on this site, might be interested in reading some unbiased opinions about Scott's performance. These posters from other fansites have no reason to sing his praises or give him any unearned props. And, unlike some of the 'professional' reviewers, they don't have an axe to grind or an agenda to promote.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Chances are it would also be turned into a Reality show, most likely called "Surreal life (after death)" and they would make money living together in the same house along with Biggie, TuPac, Janice Joplin, Johnny Cash, and John Denver.

Don't forget Jim Morrison and Ray Charles. Throw in Kurt Cobain for laughs.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!