++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-11-2002, 03:19 PM   #1
Stephen@UK
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Is creed what you would call 'popular'

Hey all

i was just wondering if creed where known by many people. see i
live in scotland and no one has ever heard of creed before.
where i live it is full of pop fans i mean hundreds of millions of them. they love people like... well there crap anyway not worth mentioning.so i was wondering if they where popular in the states even remotely...

People here are very slowly liking people like slipknot,Linkin Park
Papa Roach,Lost Prophets and Tenacious D so they have not heard of creed at all With Arms Wide Open generated some fans and some stayed with creed and most did not Higher was virtually
Unknown in this country

please reply about how creed is popular in your area
Old 10-11-2002, 03:38 PM   #2
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
Hmm- one of rocks biggest fan bases in the U.S. - yah I would call them pretty popular
Old 10-11-2002, 03:58 PM   #3
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
In my opinon:

creed has something that no other band as and it is weirder than anything out there...

Creed has a huge following and a big fan base but, in my opinon, saying I like Creed might get you the wrong the response sometimes. The media says we like Creed, we like their music, but they stabb Creed in the back by insulting them. I don't know how to describe it but they are popular but their is some weird twist it...
Old 10-11-2002, 04:21 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said, Unforgiven. It's popular with regard to record and concert ticket sales, so they do have quite a following. But I take daily bashing for liking them. People call their music pseudo rock and criticize them for being Pearl Jam rip-offs (mainly because of Stapp's allegedly sounding and acting like Eddie Vedder), blah, blah, blah. The media have grudgingly accepted the fact that they are popular, but they do rip their music and their concerts regularly, particularly Scott Stapp. They have said he has a Jesus-complex and that he is an egomaniac and such. They sort of belittle the fans by making us sound like a bunch of "followers" of his message. I think he just tries to be positive, he loves making music and he wants to make a living at it.
Old 10-11-2002, 04:54 PM   #5
jrsman12
USER INFO »
Creed is the most popular rock band in the states. Their music is so amazing, it took the country by storm. Rolling Stone magazine (the most read rock magazine in the world) called them "The biggest rock band in America" VH1, the rock TV station said "In 2ooo, the new breed [of rock music] was led by Creed. Scott Stapp's amazing and unmatched voice is so strong and powerful, and Mark Tremonti's guitar talent puts him up there with Jimi Hendrix, and Eric Clapton. And, behind it all, Scott Phillips's rhythmic durmming ties it all together. We Creeders number over 2 million in the States alone, and every time Creed releases a new album, it goes Multi-Platinum. Every new single hits number 1. Creed is more than popular. They are the next Beatles.

----One step on your own, and you walk all over me- One head in the clouds, you won't le go your too proud. One light to the blind, the see. One touch on the head......-we believe

-----Ode
My Own Prison
Creed
________
E60

Last edited by jrsman12 : 02-08-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-11-2002, 04:56 PM   #6
jrsman12
USER INFO »
By the way, Scottland is great, love the bagpipes.
________
white widow seeds

Last edited by jrsman12 : 02-08-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:49 PM   #7
creedfreak
USER INFO »
I just dont understand why MTV doesn't except them not like it matters. MTV is for kiddie bop crap anyway
Old 10-11-2002, 08:26 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
MTV=sellout
Old 10-11-2002, 09:15 PM   #9
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
correct me if I'm wrong........but didn't creed do the MTV Making the Video for My Sacrifice.................are you trying to say something?????????????

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-11-2002, 09:20 PM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Don't know whether you are addressing me, but I'm just saying MTV sold out years ago. It was good for a couple years, before they started having commercials. Most of what they have now doesn't have a lot to do with music. I don't watch it now anway because I don't have cable.

I believe Creed had a lot of trouble in the beginning trying to get their stuff on MTV and that they became successful despite not having the MTV exposure early on. It's just as well if they're not on MTV.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:23 PM   #11
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Oh ok......I guess i wasn't quite sure where you were goin w/ that........

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-11-2002, 09:26 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Sorry...didn't mean to confuse. Though some have accused Creed of selling out by doing stuff like MTV Making the Video and Weathered in general. Some say the CD is more commercially friendly. Not sure whether I buy that it's more commercially friendly, maybe a few tracks, but I admit to liking MOP the best.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:30 PM   #13
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Same here! especially the guiatrs! Mark just riffed it up!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-12-2002, 11:52 AM   #14
SweetXtreme4
USER INFO »
Yes! pretty popular! there in the Top 40, always on the radio. Yes I would consider Creed VERY popular!
Old 10-12-2002, 12:00 PM   #15
Aimee
USER INFO »
MTV

A long time ago when Creed first came out, Mtv asked them to cancel a gig to do something for them. CREED said no and was on the shitlist for a really long time. It wasn't until VH1 picked them up and then the Rolling Stone cover that they tucked their tail between their legs and came back.
Stephen, what is Scotland like? My Great Grandmother came to America from Cork and she told such wonderful stories about riding horses on a green countryside when she was young. I would love to visit someday.